• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Macross TV Anime Project Announced With Singer Auditions

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr Adventure

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:22 pm Reply with quote
Minami-Asakura wrote:
I can very well imagine what kind of series those lunatics probably like and their bad taste.

Easy now. Glass houses. I don't care for Eva (though Rebuild isn't bad) but I'm not going to trash on it like its irrelevant.

Quote:
Anyway, looking forward to more Macross, no love For Macross 7?

No. Frontier was 7 done right, and that's all I need.

That said. I love Zero. So what the deculture do I know?
ChocoBar1

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:38 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
And you're just as deluded to think something no longer contains any value because you dislike it. You can't grasp that people genuinely enjoy DYRL.

Another person's trash is another person's treasure.
ChocoBar1

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:40 pm Reply with quote
Minami-Asakura wrote:
Lets just ignore the sad lunatics calling Macross dated and the like, there is clearly something not working right up there.

I can very well imagine what kind of series those lunatics probably like and their bad taste.

Anyway, looking forward to more Macross, no love For Macross 7? My favorite Macross, Nekki Bassara and the rock music was sublime, so much awesome music, awesome male protagonist, sadly I fear at having a new male singer in this day and age as the main protagonist, lets keep it a woman, I don't wanna see a bishounen a la shounen Hollywood, but the prospect of a new Ranka Lee lurks there, Sheryl should have been the real protagonist and Ranka should have not existed.

FIRE BOMBER!!

This means nothing coming from a Macross fan, a series that hasn't been innovative or refreshing for decades.
ChocoBar1

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:41 pm Reply with quote
treatment wrote:
ChocoBar1 wrote:

There was nothing fresh or interesting about Frontier since all it did was played tropes of modern anime straight right down to the bad CG and bad love triangle. In fact I don't even think fresh and interesting describes any entry in the franchise barring SDF.

I just gotta ask...

What exactly is "fresh" and "interesting" in your view?

Not masking your bare bones plot and bad characterization with shoddy CGI and references to previous series like Frontier did
treatment

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:19 pm Reply with quote
ChocoBar1 wrote:
Minami-Asakura wrote:
Lets just ignore the sad lunatics calling Macross dated and the like, there is clearly something not working right up there.

Anyway, looking forward to more Macross, no love For Macross 7? My favorite Macross, Nekki Bassara and the rock music was sublime, so much awesome music, awesome male protagonist, sadly I fear at having a new male singer in this day and age as the main protagonist, lets keep it a woman, I don't wanna see a bishounen a la shounen Hollywood, but the prospect of a new Ranka Lee lurks there, Sheryl should have been the real protagonist and Ranka should have not existed.

FIRE BOMBER!!

This means nothing coming from a Macross fan, a series that hasn't been innovative or refreshing for decades.

It would be nice if you would rather elaborate on how the Macross series hasn't been innovative or refreshing for decades.

Any of the individual series that comprises the Macross universe.

We're all just quite curious here with your elaborations.
Mr Adventure

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:13 pm Reply with quote
Ways Macross has evolved over the years.

Embracing new real world technology and integrating it into its socio-technological tapestry. Granted this is a cultural thing, smart phones are pretty ingrained in modern realworld society. So it would be strange if Macross didn't incorporate them. But some franchises wouldn't, for fear of changing thing too much. See: Star Wars. Star Trek etc...

Transhumanism. Frontier did a lot with the kind of ways overtechology might impact the human psychosis in negative ways. The Macross Galaxy going completely mad with technology run amok. Was one of its most facilitating aspects of the show. At least to me.

Generally not being afraid to evolve its overall culture as time passes. The crash of the original Macross did so much to change the human world we live in. Overtechology's impact on how humans live day to day has always been one of the more fascinating aspects of the franchise. Then bring in cultural integration with the Zentradi, (not to mention their fascinating aspect of being a purely warlike society with no culture...) and how humanity has embraced extra-solar colonization.

The Macross framework just allows so many different KINDS of stories to be told. There are worlds of difference between SDF Macross, Plus, Zero, Frontier, and yes, even 7. Their scope, their presentation, and their focus all vary greatly.

So you can see why Macross as a franchise continues to engage this science fiction fan. Its not all about the intense action of space airplanes and can transform into giant robots beating up on other giant things.

Though that sure doesn't hurt!
Minami-Asakura

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:25 pm Reply with quote
And people keep wasting time feeding a troll or a total lunatic.

Don't feed him, he will eventually go away.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:08 am Reply with quote
I thought the incorporation of macronized Zentradi on their own islands, will full-sized places to live, work, and play, was one of the cooler additions to MF.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:14 am Reply with quote
Deleted some posts for over-quoting.
eight_car

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:55 pm Reply with quote
Surprised to see some Mac 7 love on the thread.

Mac 7 had some AWESOME music in it. The whole 80's power ballad sound was just incredible.

However, I must say that the music of Fire Bomber actually worked BETTER in Macross Frontier. The use of the melancholy songs of Fire Bomber at just the right moments was inspired!

I can't wait for Delta to come out.

Due to the rat-b*st*rds of Harmony Gold, I will most likely watch my beloved Macross on those special streaming sites we all know about

Harmony Gold is the ultimate curse word in all of anime! It is my dream that harmony Gold go bankrupt and its owners become dirt poor!

POWER TO THE DREAM!
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:35 pm Reply with quote
Why use a streaming site? Just download the high quality 720p fansubs.
eight_car

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:42 pm Reply with quote
The waiting is painful

I WANT MORE MACROSS NOW Exclamation
eight_car

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:04 pm Reply with quote
Animeking1108 wrote:
Another "Macross" series? Good. Now we have an excuse to bitch about "Robotech" despite probably being the reason you watched "Macross" in the first place.

Harmony Gold does NOTHING with their "license" that they weasel-ly lawer-ed into. All Harmony Gold wants is for others to do work then take credit for it

Robotech needs KICKSTARTER! How sad, roBLOWtech should just be put out of its misery!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6