• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: CROSS ANGE Rondo of Angel and Dragon

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:56 pm Reply with quote
HaruhiToy wrote:
I don't suppose anyone cares that Episode 5 was massively entertaining.

I care. This show is just getting more and more entertaining for me. I'm glad Ange is finally starting to warm to some of the gals who don't hate her. Hilda's got some payback comin'...
Cptn_Taylor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:57 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
HaruhiToy wrote:
I don't suppose anyone cares that Episode 5 was massively entertaining.

I care. This show is just getting more and more entertaining for me. I'm glad Ange is finally starting to warm to some of the gals who don't hate her. Hilda's got some payback comin'...

Hilda will end up being Ange's best friend. Mark my words. Wink
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:00 pm Reply with quote
Possibly. But I'll only accept that development as credible if it is buttressed by great lashings of Sapphic healing. Otherwise, I'll have to call writer shenanigans.
Shippoyasha

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:19 pm Reply with quote
While the writing isn't award winning or even sensical at times, this show is massively entertaining to me. So I have to give it some props for that. I really don't know where they are going at times and it really gives it a fun sense of discovery at stretches.

I am not afraid to admit this show is one of my favorites to watch and speculate.
gedata

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:46 pm Reply with quote
Fun fact, sucking snake bite wounds doesn't work at all.
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:02 pm Reply with quote
Maybe not to prevent poisoning, but that's not why he did it.
Cptn_Taylor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:36 am Reply with quote
Yttrbio wrote:
Maybe not to prevent poisoning, but that's not why he did it.

Yeah he sucked her leg just to get a kick eh ? Rolling Eyes
Ange was bleeding, collapsed right before Tusk and asked for his help. Then passed out. We all know he should have done the right thing and leave her to die. Mr. Green But then no more Cross Ange. So a little leg sucking is ok. It wasn't like he was raping her. Laughing
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:51 am Reply with quote
Cptn_Taylor wrote:
Yeah he sucked her leg just to get a kick eh ?
Well, not for himself. He's a generous dude.
Izanagi009

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:28 am Reply with quote
Dear lord this episode

All right, when the preview of this episode came out, I was worried about the use of the "all she needed was a man trope" and while Ange didn't completely become a lovey dovey glob with Tusk, the writing was still pretty bad. So what, 3 days with a male possible Norma who treated you kindly is somehow able to make you soften up while having peace offerings from multiple parties within the base for I assume a while does nothing?

If I was writing, I would have made it so that Ange had a suspension that Tusk was a norma causing internal conflict between her perception and her reality. This in turn would cause her to gradually reconsider her attitude towards the team until she became a well-respected member.

On a personal level, why did you get Setsuna F. Seiei's seiyuu to voice Tusk? I know that he's a great seiyuu but were there no one else. Then again, I suppose I would have been this way if they hired anyone else who was a protagonest in Gundam so I guess my anger is misplaced.

Also, WHY IS THE MAID HERE? I get why the officer is there, she is a link between the mainland's command chain and the operations of the base. Thus, it would be needed to have her around. But why the maid? Having the maid there would cause the perception of privilege which will sour the team's unity. I see two outcomes; either the maid starts making food and doing chores to woo over the team *vomit* or they start harassing her because of her connection to Ange and her mana using status despite not doing anything wrong *headdesks*.
GrayArchon

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:03 am Reply with quote
HaruhiToy wrote:
Nobody could be as talented as Tusk for falling face first in someone else's crotch. Never happened to me my whole life not even once and he manages it 3 and a half times a day!

You haven't read To Love-ru, or To Love-ru Darkness I take it. That sort of thing is par for the course for that series.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:12 am Reply with quote
Izanagi009 wrote:
I don't like this show; this show has clearly indicated what kind of show it is and even though I don't like that kind of story-telling, I will devote 10 hours of my life to watching the entire series and then more time whining about things I don't like about a show I don't like because that is obviously the best and most intelligent use of my finite time on this planet.
Izanagi009

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:20 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Izanagi009 wrote:
I don't like this show; this show has clearly indicated what kind of show it is and even though I don't like that kind of story-telling, I will devote 10 hours of my life to watching the entire series and then more time whining about things I don't like about a show I don't like because that is obviously the best and most intelligent use of my finite time on this planet.

if you are going to make a comment about my watching habits, do actually make a comment and not just edit my post

I gave the show chances because I want to trust Sunrise's original concept shows that they will be good. It went down the first two, went up the third, and plummeted in the next two.

I will be dropping it because, unlike Valvrave, this isn't even a fun mess to watch.
traveling

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:19 pm Reply with quote
Izanagi009 wrote:
I will be dropping it because, unlike Valvrave, this isn't even a fun mess to watch.

I disagree. I wrote it off on the first episode as trash, but I've been entertained by every episode since, and it's not because it is good at anything in particular. There are better mecha shows, fan service shows, action/si-fi shows, but this show is at least unpredictable in what it will do and how far it will go to titillate and shock. Maybe it's because I give Cross Ange the benefit of the doubt that it won't get anymore ridiculous, but it's one of the few shows that I don't mind watching week-to-week.
Izanagi009

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:02 pm Reply with quote
traveling wrote:
Izanagi009 wrote:

I disagree. I wrote it off on the first episode as trash, but I've been entertained by every episode since, and it's not because it is good at anything in particular. There are better mecha shows, fan service shows, action/si-fi shows, but this show is at least unpredictable in what it will do and how far it will go to titillate and shock. Maybe it's because I give Cross Ange the benefit of the doubt that it won't get anymore ridiculous, but it's one of the few shows that I don't mind watching week-to-week.

that was the big issue with Valvrave. From a narrative perspective, it kept throwing in deaths, twists and reveals to the point that the show never really had a resolving arc but simply dropped from climax to conclusion. Cheap shock and titilation can only get you so far in media and I would rather have a show that had one really well done and emotional twist than a show that had twists every episode
Key

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:14 pm Reply with quote
This is somewhat off thread subject, but Valvrave didn't need a resolving arc because it had been building in what the future held throughout its entire run. We just had to see how it got to a point where that could have started.

I haven't seen as much of a "loose cannon" experience from CA yet as what Valvrave had, but it's still early.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 11 of 43