• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Yona of the Dawn

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Animelover12313

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:23 pm Reply with quote
Can't believe this is the second to last episode already, such an amazing series Anime cry
#Immie93

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:45 pm Reply with quote
I wouldn't be surprised if they did announce a Season 2 right after Season 1's end. After watching today's episode I feel there's too many loose ends for it to simply stop next week and with the added fact that the last dragon is only getting his debut episode in the finale suggests we could be seeing more of Yona in the future.
And God I love Su-Won but absolutely hate him!
KidaYuki

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:37 pm Reply with quote
Ending the series with an episode that introduces a new character? Please Yona don't do that to me D: I mean it is anime and just look at skip beat and the way it ended with no season two.

Of course they had to wait till the very last episode to introduce my favorite manga character, gahhhhhhhhhhh

Please have a season two (praying to the anime gods........ draqons)
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:10 pm Reply with quote
Very nice episode. Although I did do a double-take and a rewind at the voice coming out of that scrawny man's mouth when he said Yona was too cute to be a pirate (not only did he look too young, I thought he was a woman until he spoke).
Aaronrules380

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:47 am Reply with quote
In fairness the yellow dragon joins exactly like this in the manga as well, so it's not the anime trying to tie up a loose end
KidaYuki

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:22 am Reply with quote
In defense of the anime that is basically exactly how Jeno/Zeno joined the group. It then took close to (minor manga spoilers) spoiler[50 chapters] to reveal what exactly was going on under his big hair.

I really am sad to see this go and I needed like a little blurb at the end of the episode like "see you for season 2!" but nope I did not get that Maybe the OVA will have an announcement for season two because this is juts hanging and torchering me.

Please keep all manga spoilers in spoiler tags, even if they're just as minor as mentioning the number of chapters. Thanks. --willag
Animelover12313

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:45 am Reply with quote
In all fairness, you have to realize that this is an ongoing series. Also, I like what they did by making the entire series a flashback to the current event that took place during the first episode. Just see this season as a journey of how the group was form. So all in all, wasn't a bad ending as it looks.
zztop

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:52 am Reply with quote
If anyone wants to send their opinions and thoughts on the Yona series to mangaka Kusanagi Mizuho, mail them to:-

Hakusensha - Hana to Yume Editorial Department
Kusanagi Mizuho
Tokyo Chiyoda-ku, Kanda-Awajicho 2-2-2
101-0063 Japan
zztop

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:01 pm Reply with quote
KidaYuki wrote:

I really am sad to see this go and I needed like a little blurb at the end of the episode like "see you for season 2!" but nope I did not get that Maybe the OVA will have an announcement for season two because this is juts hanging and torchering me.

What do you suppose "Thank you for your support" means? Thank you, buy the manga/anime so we can make a Season 2? Or Thank you, that's all from us?

Just a tiny hint on Zeno (MANGA SPOILERS):
spoiler[Age-wise, he and Wolverine have a lot in common.]

Added a note on manga spoilers. --willag
zztop

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:12 pm Reply with quote
Oddly enough, the Yona Blurays and DVDs will only be on sale in the end of May. Observers have noted this "effectively eliminates (anime sales)as a real-time yardstick for commercial success."

Speculation is that the production committee is banking on manga sales increases, although the lack of announcements have left parties pessimistic on a Season 2. They also note shoujo titles aren't super-sellers unlike shounen, LN and otaku-pandering anime.
lys

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:15 pm Reply with quote
^ So everyone do your part and import the manga, then :) (I've already been doing so: v17 and the novel are on their way to me now!) It's way cheaper than Japanese blurays anyway!!
Uokel

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:19 pm Reply with quote
"Even with an ending that doesn't finish the story"

No duh, since the story is still on going and has no end in sight. I can tell you great stuff happens in the manga.

There was literally no place the anime could of ended except where it did in the last ep because that is basically how Zeno shows up and from there it starts a new arc instantly.

Last edited by Uokel on Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
Crisha

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:43 pm Reply with quote
Remember guys, keep manga spoilers, even minor ones, in spoiler tags. Thank you!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ScruffyKiwi

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:59 pm Reply with quote
The only thing I would take into account with this final episode review is this line;

"Both want to repair the kingdom that King Il's kindness inadvertently damaged"

The jury is still out if this is the case, even in the current up-to date manga. Alot of the current problems of the kingdom stem from the conflict of the two brothers and probably goes much earlier. King Il was no fool and clearly had a plan but certianly did not have the respect of the different tribes, especially the fire tribe which ultimately lead to his assination.

============================================

zztop wrote:
Speculation is that the production committee is banking on manga sales increases, although the lack of announcements have left parties pessimistic on a Season 2. They also note shoujo titles aren't super-sellers unlike shounen, LN and otaku-pandering anime.

It's pretty clear that it's all about manga sales. They are taking a similar approach that Chihayafuru did and selling a box set rather than singles. I suspect that after the OAD comes out we will get a better idea whether or not a second season would be on the cards.

{Merged serial posts ~nbahn}
SweetCoconut

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:59 pm Reply with quote
For the nth, its "Zeno" not "Jeno". "Ki-ja" not "Gija". Its pissing me off not only because I'm a manga reader but because I can hear the name properly but the subs. I don't know whats wrong.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8