• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New The Last -Naruto the Movie- Image Features Naruto x Hinata

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ohoni

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:06 am Reply with quote
Quote:

He settled. Same way Hinata would have had too if her crush had his way. Hinata is to her crush what he is to Sakura. Very Happy

But the thing is, a crush is a crush. He stayed with Hinata for about ten years or so, which is a lot more "real." It's possible that on their wedding day he was like "well, she's no Sakura, but I guess she'll do," but I prefer to think that by that point he was like "I'm sure glad Sakura was so hung up on Sasuke, because otherwise I never would have realized how much better Hinata is."

The vast majority of people end up marrying someone other than their middle-school crush, and most of those genuinely prefer the person they ended up with.
Minami-Asakura

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:18 am Reply with quote
vanfanel wrote:
Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine that "Naruto" would become this generation's "Kimagure Orange Road" Wink

Now THAT was painful, because both Hikaru and Madoka were awesome heroines, it was extremely painful once Hikauru´s heart was borken knowing the one Kyosuke loved was her best friend Madoka and had a relationship going on all along with her in the dark, so painful. Now this is indeed a romance series, one of the best of all time to boot.

enurtsol wrote:

Hinata's crush worked out for her! Razz

No. In the case of Hinata it was not a simply crush. She genuinely and sincerely loved naruto, its was definitely not Sakura´s fangirlism towards Sasuke because he was the cool badboy.
jr240483

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:13 am Reply with quote
Cecilthedarkknight_234 wrote:
infamoustakai wrote:
Easily one of the worst developed relationships of all time. Especially on a literary level.

I didn't see twilight mentioned once in this article.

please dont even bring that garbage up. sure the development of the reationships leave something to be desired but at least it not like bleach or one piece where there is ZERO!

m0x wrote:

Reminds me of the debates that popped up at the end of JK Rowling's Harry Potter...

which is the main reason why nobody wanted a narusaku relationship at all cause it would have been dejavu all over again.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:13 pm Reply with quote
SWAnimefan wrote:
Which is now a most hilarious comment given Sakura ended up with the guy who did nothing but insult her and wanted her dead throughout most of the story.

He wanted her dead throughout the story in spite there being only one scene where this directly occurred, unlike the multiple instances where he tried to kill Naruto? which was also apart of attempt on Sakura's part to kill him.
bleachj0j

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:04 pm Reply with quote
Minami-Asakura wrote:
bleachj0j wrote:
Don't see how anyone could say Naruto x Hinata is a well done romance. There was barely any romance to be heard. While Hinata did get big moments showing her love for Naruto, most of the Naruto barely acknowledged her. I don't even remember if Naurto mentioned Hinata after the thing with Pain until that point in the war where she snaps him out of that funk. Even in the chapter that reveals they get together, they're not even shown together in the whole chapter.

Irrelevant. You don't need any romance developments, let alone "well done romance" you find valid to have characters end up together as this is a DAMN BATLLE SHOUNEN MANGA. What of this you do not understand?

The comparison with dragon ball is very fitting, no one bitched about seeing almost BIG FAT 0 romance development when we see Bulma pregnant by Vegeta and claming Akira Toriyama trolled us because Yamcha should have ended up with her or why No. 18 ended up wth Krilin as there was 0 romance development leading to it, almost the same for Chichi, Goku not even liking her at all at first and chichi not being one of the central characters, who knows, as Kishimoto has said he has taken inspiration in Dragon Ball, its fitting that the main characters in both do not end up with the main female lead Bulma-Sakura, instead with a secondary supporting character, and the main female leads endup with the bad guy that wanted to kill them at some point.

Yes, this ridiculous are you, naruto shipper factions, with your own little war that its now over.

For the xxth time, you read the wrong genre, find yourselves some good shoujo for your well done romance.

I think your having trouble understand my point. Are you calling me a shipper? I couldn't care less about any of these couples. But there were people in this very thread that claim Naruto x Hinata is a good romance. I understand what demographic this show appeals too. So relax yourself.

Ohoni wrote:

It wasn't well done as a romance, because this was not a romance manga and that was not the story they were telling. It would be like saying that The Notebook didn't have enough action scenes. But it was a solid basis for a romance, we didn't see most of the romance story, but that doesn't mean that it did not happen.

IMO, if it's not a romance manga, then the emphasis put on the love aspect of the series should not had been as forced as it should of been. While yes Naruto could eventually fall for Hinata, I could only judge the story as it's presented. Not from what could of been.
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:23 pm Reply with quote
That's it. The story has to make the relationship plausible, and the fact is that they have to make a whole movie to retcon it (as opposed to something cool like a final battle with Orochimaru) and make the franchise go out on even more of a whimper than its horrible conclusion.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:50 pm Reply with quote
Minami-Asakura wrote:
vanfanel wrote:

Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine that "Naruto" would become this generation's "Kimagure Orange Road" Wink

Now THAT was painful, because both Hikaru and Madoka were awesome heroines, it was extremely painful once Hikauru´s heart was borken knowing the one Kyosuke loved was her best friend Madoka and had a relationship going on all along with her in the dark, so painful. Now this is indeed a romance series, one of the best of all time to boot.

She knew; she deserves.

Minami-Asakura wrote:
enurtsol wrote:

Hinata's crush worked out for her! Razz

No. In the case of Hinata it was not a simply crush. She genuinely and sincerely loved naruto, its was definitely not Sakura´s fangirlism towards Sasuke because he was the cool badboy.

Hinata's willing to die for Naruto as Naruto's willing to die for Sakura as Sakura's willing to die for Sasuke. A crush is a crush is a crush - everyone's fangirling for theirs. Only thing need to complete the circle is if Sasuke sincerely love Hinata! Very Happy
Ohoni

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:03 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
That's it. The story has to make the relationship plausible, and the fact is that they have to make a whole movie to retcon it (as opposed to something cool like a final battle with Orochimaru) and make the franchise go out on even more of a whimper than its horrible conclusion.

But that's the thing. There is nothing at all implausible about the outcome of ch700. There's no need to "retcon" anything, because the outcome is totally consistent with everything that came before it. We were never given all of the pieces of the puzzle, so we don't know all the details for how they ended up together, but the pieces we do have could still add up to that result without changing any of them.

Think of it like a Wheel of Fortune puzzle. We were given SA-U-- --CKS as the known elements, and some people just assumed that the solution to the puzzle was "SASUKE SUCKS," when in reality Kishimoto chose the answer to be "SAKURA ROCKS." They're both equally valid options given the pieces we had available to us, and none of the visible letters would have to be changed.

Quote:

Hinata was willing to die for Naruto as Naruto was willing to die for Sakura as Sakura was willing to die for Sasuke. A crush is a crush is a crush - they're all fangirling for theirs. Very Happy

If there's any distinction to be made between the relationships as presented before ch700, Hinata is shown to greatly admire Naruto's character, the man that he is inside, while Naruto never really makes clear why he is attracted to Sakura or why Sakura is attracted to Sasuke beyond appearance. Hinata's cursh seems at least slightly more mature than any other relationship in the series.
Ronin2081

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:15 pm Reply with quote
Ohoni wrote:

Think of it like a Wheel of Fortune puzzle. We were given SA-U-- --CKS as the known elements, and some people just assumed that the solution to the puzzle was "SASUKE SUCKS," when in reality Kishimoto chose the answer to be "SAKURA ROCKS." They're both equally valid options given the pieces we had available to us, and none of the visible letters would have to be changed.

Sticking with the Wheel of Fortune puzzle, "Sasuke Sucks" isn't really a valid option, since "s" has already been picked. So if it was "Sasuke Sucks" then the puzzle would look different then what you presented.
HeeroTX

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:45 pm Reply with quote
bleachj0j wrote:
IMO, if it's not a romance manga, then the emphasis put on the love aspect of the series should not had been as forced as it should of been. While yes Naruto could eventually fall for Hinata, I could only judge the story as it's presented. Not from what could of been.

WTH?!?
Here's here's a tiny plant root for you NaruSaku fans hanging off the cliff. In the MANGA, there's not (I don't think) an EXPLICIT statement of Naruto's son's mother nor of Sakura's daughter's father (altho, granted you'd be hard pressed to argue they have the same parents and Hinata's daughter bears an obvious resemblance to Naruto). How the HECK does the final chapter put "emphasis" on "the love subject'? It's a freaking epilogue that focuses on Naruto's son who largely is shown to be like his dad as he runs by older versions of people his dad knows/knew when he was younger, and that's it. How is that an EMPHASIS on "the love subject"?

EDIT: Heck, for that matter, the NaruHina & SasuSaku relationships are AWASH in history and context compared to pretty much EVERY OTHER RELATIONSHIP shown in the final chapter aside from, maybe, Temari+Shikamaru. Rock Lee is shown training (presumably) his son with no real indication of the mother and Chouji married someone who we barely know.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:09 pm Reply with quote
HeeroTX wrote:
Rock Lee is shown training (presumably) his son with no real indication of the mother

I would assume that's Ten-Ten seeing as how she refers to Lee and Neji (presumably the boy's name).
Lycosyncer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:53 pm Reply with quote
As a NaruHina shipper, this leaves me so excited and I am so looking forward to see how the final movie is going to develop their relationship and it's about time twhat he finally got over Sakura and really, after what she pulled with him earlier where she manipulates Naruto's feelings for her, at least even Naruto managed to see through that facade.

As for Sakura herself? Geez, why the hell would she still stay with Sasuke after all that he did to her including his attempts to kill her multiple times? All I could say is that it will be a pretty interesting story for their daughter to think about.
Minami-Asakura

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:10 am Reply with quote
Lycosyncer wrote:

As for Sakura herself? Geez, why the hell would she still stay with Sasuke after all that he did to her including his attempts to kill her multiple times? All I could say is that it will be a pretty interesting story for their daughter to think about.

That is what she deserves honestly.

But this happens a lot in real life, women usually (almost always) prefer jerks that threat them badly, they seem to like it that way more instead of someone that respects them and threats them well and care for them.

Honestly, Naruto could not find a better girl than Hinata, someone that genuinely loves him, respects him, admires him, and that definitely should be the sweetest wife a man can hope to get. He got the best girl on the entire Naruto universe.

Hinata is really the kind of wife any man would kill for to end up in real life.
Ohoni

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:22 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Sticking with the Wheel of Fortune puzzle, "Sasuke Sucks" isn't really a valid option, since "s" has already been picked. So if it was "Sasuke Sucks" then the puzzle would look different then what you presented.

Ok, I'm not great at making Wheel puzzles, but you get my point, right? Nothing about the way things resolved is inconsistent with what we knew as the series was wrapping up, nothing about the existing series had to be negated to make it happen. There was just a lot of blank in the middle that was not explicitly spelled out, but that blank material certainly could account for everything that occurred in 700 without having to negate any known information.

Quote:
It's a freaking epilogue that focuses on Naruto's son who largely is shown to be like his dad as he runs by older versions of people his dad knows/knew when he was younger, and that's it. How is that an EMPHASIS on "the love subject"?

Yeah, Naruto and Hinata did not even interact in ch700, it was not a romance chapter, it was showing how he got his Hokage dream first and foremost, and also showing that life in the village has gone on in a peaceful and prosperous manner.

Quote:

As for Sakura herself? Geez, why the hell would she still stay with Sasuke after all that he did to her including his attempts to kill her multiple times?

People keep saying this, but I honestly can't recall a case of him genuinely attempting to kill her (as opposed to behaving threateningly to scare her away).
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:19 am Reply with quote
Ohoni wrote:

Quote:

As for Sakura herself? Geez, why the hell would she still stay with Sasuke after all that he did to her including his attempts to kill her multiple times?

People keep saying this, but I honestly can't recall a case of him genuinely attempting to kill her (as opposed to behaving threateningly to scare her away).

Two in a row after Sasuke kills Danzo, while testing Sakura to kill Karin, but Kakashi gets there in time to stop him. Then while Sasuke fights Kakashi, Sakura's sneak poisoned kunai attack on Sasuke backfires on her, but Naruto gets there in time to save her.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7