• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Discotek Adds Rayearth TV, Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas, Descendants of Darkness, IGPX, Lupin

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:51 pm Reply with quote
Descendants of Darkness was the very first anime I bought, and the show that got me into collecting. It also introduced me to cliched open anime ending. It will be great to see it back in print, especially as the Central Park DVDs weren't the sturdiest and I've already had to replace two.

I'm also excited for Rayearth on Bluray. That will be a definite pick up. Nice job Discotek.
Aynslesa

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:00 pm Reply with quote
Words cannot describe how happy I am to hear about the Lost Canvas release (and Descendants of Darkness, my current copy is a bootleg and I want a legit one). I'm still bitter over the fact that New Video got the license for the classic Saint Seiya and botched up the subtitles so bad (although they still get points for releasing the entire Sanctuary season, which not even ADV did). Now if I could only hear that a) TMS is actually going to finish Lost Canvas and b) the Asgard, Poseidon and Hades Chapters are all getting releases by anyone, then I'll be a happy Saint Seiya fan.
TheAnagelic1

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:18 pm Reply with quote
YES for MKR! Was scared it would end up in licence hell after MB let it expire making a US Blu Ray a distant dream, but this has really made my day! =D

Do wish it was sooner then 2016, but stick to your guns on this Discotek. And hell, maybe you could see its way to a UK physical release so I can recommend it to more friends, lol. Anime hyper
zawa113

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:25 pm Reply with quote
Nothing for me this time, however, on their Faceook page, they've just threatened to announce "the big title" next weak-ish, so hopefully that one I will get. I really want Zoids, man!
Fronzel

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:26 pm Reply with quote
For pedantry's sake, the original title of that 1992 Lupin TV special is "From Russia With Love", lifted straight from the James Bond film.
mdo7

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:34 pm Reply with quote
Wow this is a nice pickup for Discotek, I think they're going to have a good year.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
phia_one

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:37 pm Reply with quote
classicalzawa wrote:
Nothing for me this time, however, on their Faceook page, they've just threatened to announce "the big title" next weak-ish, so hopefully that one I will get. I really want Zoids, man!

I'd most likely start throwing money at my screen if they released Zoids.
Keichitsu0305

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:38 pm Reply with quote
It's been 5 years since I've seen Descendant of Darkness on YouTube so I will gladly buy this DVD copy.

Quote:
Discotek Media did not specify if its release will include both Magic Knight Rayearth television anime series, although Media Blasters previously released both on DVD in North America.

I'm curious if its possible to get the OVAs or does Manga Entertainment still own the rights because the DVD set has been OOP for a while.
Crisha

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:54 pm Reply with quote
Yami no Matsuei and MKR (and a bluray of MKR)? Uh, hells to the YEAH.

Bluray of MKR. This evolution will go nicely alongside my VHS and DVDs of the series. It's a multi-generational collection! So beautiful!

And I've always been meaning to buy YnM. I really like that series.

Discotek, continuing to knock it out of the park.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:27 pm Reply with quote
Sweet~
I recently picked up the 15th anniversary first season set of MKR at Anime Midwest, not realizing how extremely expensive the second set was. So I do hope that this means they have both seasons of the series, because I can't wait to pick this up.

Maybe if this pays off for Discotek, maybe they'll be interested in picking up CLAMP School Detectives one day. :p
Nuuzen

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:28 pm Reply with quote
In for MKR, Descendants of Darkness and IGPX.
infamoustakai

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:18 pm Reply with quote
Holy shit, I am so happy they got IGPX! It's such an excellent underrated show. I hope it comes out on blu ray and has a really nice box cover design.

Thank you SO much discotek!
Megiddo

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:23 pm Reply with quote
phia_one wrote:

I'd most likely start throwing money at my screen if they released Zoids.

Is the original series just called Zoids? I've always called it Zoids: Chaotic Century. Anyway, yes, I would love to own that series. None of the follow-up series though.
Vata Raven

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:34 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
Is the original series just called Zoids? I've always called it Zoids: Chaotic Century

I think when people being up Zoids, pretty sure they mean the one the the lead got named Bit Cloud and with his Liger Zero with the different armor sets for battles. That was the one that introduced the series and the toys into the US market

They could also mean Zoids, as in the whole franchise. I personally just liked the ones that had Bit Cloud as the lead
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:35 pm Reply with quote
Aynslesa wrote:
Now if I could only hear that a) TMS is actually going to finish Lost Canvas and b) the Asgard, Poseidon and Hades Chapters are all getting releases by anyone, then I'll be a happy Saint Seiya fan.

Same here. I hope that anyone is a competent company.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4