• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Criminal Girls: Invite Only Slated for the West in February

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fedora-san

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:35 am Reply with quote
Quote:
NISA notes that certain aspects of the games were edited for its English release to "to bring this title to as many fans as possible."

I wish companies would at least try to give a reason beyond stock PR responses every company give
Sunny milk

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:21 am Reply with quote
Let me guess, removing lolicon material as always.
Big surprise, considering it's west.
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:47 am Reply with quote
Fedora-san wrote:
I wish companies would at least try to give a reason beyond stock PR responses every company give
They have, for this one. See here:

Quote:
These decisions are never made lightly, and whenever we do make them, it comes after working closely with the various rating boards as well as the developer . Making the changes necessary to release some of our more niche titles in the West is not, and never has been, an attempt at making the game more appealing to a larger audience. We know that censoring a game would lose just as many fans as it may potentially bring in.

Ultimately, our goal is to make games available to our fans in the West, and to keep those same games as close to their original as is possible. Regrettably, without changes, some games would not be able to be released here—as is the case with Criminal Girls: Invite Only.
Stuart Smith

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:10 am Reply with quote
I don't really understand it myself. Apparently this is what's being censored, and that looks no worse than all those American games with actual nudity/sex in them like Metro, Far Cry, and GTA. There's no nudity or sex in Criminal Girls and it's extremely tame compared to those games, so it seems a bit questionable.

-Stuart Smith
enurtsol

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:15 am Reply with quote
Stuart Smith wrote:

I don't really understand it myself. Apparently this is what's being censored, and that looks no worse than all those American games with actual nudity/sex in them like Metro, Far Cry, and GTA. There's no nudity or sex in Criminal Girls and it's extremely tame compared to those games, so it seems a bit questionable.

In such cases, it's usually the age-look of the characters. When characters look of-age, people typically don't care if those characters go to hell and back.
kanechin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:43 pm Reply with quote
my rules - censor anything = extremely cheap used or no purchase
that's why I'm waiting for a very cheap copy of ssb3ds (tharja trophy removed) to pop up but I keep missing the damn sale.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1