• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Le Chavalier D'Eon Licensed

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:51 pm Reply with quote
Oh wow! So ADV might have gotten this, eh? Now we just need to wait for an official confirmation.
Richard J.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:53 pm Reply with quote
Article update now says that ADV has licensed this series. Cool, although I personally was hoping it would be Geneon. Good actors at ADV, hopefully they will pair them with a good director.

I wonder if ADV will try to do appropriate accents for characters?
Key

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:55 pm Reply with quote
I am not surprised at all that this one was picked up, or that a company didn't even wait until the series was over to do it. It's not only too good a series to ignore but should be very accessible to non-Japanese audiences.

ADV doesn't normally do the more purely historical series, so I find it quite interesting that they're the ones who have apparently picked it up. Their dub job should certainly be an improvement; I can already see Monica Rial as d'Eon de Beaumont's girlfriend.

Last edited by Key on Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:06 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:
I am not surprised at all that this one was picked up, or that a company didn't even wait until the series was over to do it. It's not only too good a series to ignore but should be very accessible to non-Japanese audiences.

ADV doesn't normally do the more purely historical series, so I find it quite interesting that they're the ones who have apparently picked it up. Their dub jub should certainly be an improvement; I can already see Monica Rial as d'Eon de Beaumont's girlfriend.

I am sort of surprised that did get picked up, even thought I think that this is one of the best series I am currently watching, I just figured that it would be some time before if got licensed.....and ADV? What the heck this really is sort of out there for them. Well I am certainly looking forward to the first release, since as you noted Key the dub should feel right at least.

Delta
Anime Wench

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:27 pm Reply with quote
I can honestly say that after reading ANN's Fall Preview Guide regarding this show, this is the one I am most looking forward to seeing.
CorneredAngel

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:34 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:
ADV doesn't normally do the more purely historical series, so I find it quite interesting that they're the ones who have apparently picked it up.

...on the other hand, especially now, after the last couple of years, I think ADV wants to show that, for all the Jinki Extends and Nerima Daikon Brothers, they can also put out a very adult-oriented, "mature" title that is different from most of the rest of their catalog.

...it's also entirely possible that there are things about just the concept of d'Eon that one of the higher-ups in the company *really liked*, and wanted to get behind...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Kruszer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:39 pm Reply with quote
Glad to hear somebody picked the series up. It was really very good from what I watched of it. I'll definitely pick it up when it's released.
The_Dominion

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:54 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:

...it's also entirely possible that there are things about just the concept of d'Eon that one of the higher-ups in the company *really liked*, and wanted to get behind...

So then, are you saying that one of the higher-ups at ADV is a cross-dresser?
Kagemusha

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 8:43 pm Reply with quote
Not suprising considering the popularity of Production IG and the overall quality of the show. Definitally one to look out for.
HellKorn

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:41 pm Reply with quote
Fast license, and I'm certainly one of those who is surprised that ADV picked this up. If Le Chevalier D'Eon stays consistent and delivers what it promises (episode eight gave me the impression that it can very well do so), then this will be one to pick up. It's the only on-going anime put out recently that that is something that shouldn't be missed, aside from Death Note and Kemonozume (the latter of which could fall in quality should the anime be too faithful of an adaption for the latter half of the manga).

By any luck ADV will put effort and create/translate some notes about the historic figures in the anime, since they've done some really good jobs of it in the past (briefly skimmed through the Gilgamesh notes even though I've yet to watch it, and Excel Saga had some nice ones from what I remember).
Akukaze

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:43 pm Reply with quote
I just found out that the ending theme is sung by one of my favorite singers, Aya, so if nothing else, I'll be checking this out based on that alone. But from what I hear, there's plenty more to watch for. :b

I may have to wait for the boxset, though, since I'm going to be doing an exchange program for a year starting in March, and I'll probably miss all the individual volumes.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Case

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:50 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Regarding our earlier post about Le Chevalier D'Eon, Anime News Network has learned that the title has been licensed by ADV Films. When contacted, ADV Films declined to confirm the license.

Huh? It official or not?

If you've got it confirmed, but not through ADV, don't even mention ADV, it just makes you sound uncertain?
Tatsuko

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:57 pm Reply with quote
What I want to know before I get all excited is, what are your sources? You say you got confirmation, but ADV refused to confirm...?
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:24 pm Reply with quote
Tatsuko wrote:
What I want to know before I get all excited is, what are your sources? You say you got confirmation, but ADV refused to confirm...?

Basically all that it means is that ADV has the rights to the show but they aren't going to announce it until sometime in the future, probably when they do a press release or something. I have a feeling that this deal just got completed so they are waiting before they give any official "word".
Tatsuko

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:46 pm Reply with quote
Deltakiral wrote:

Basically all that it means is that ADV has the rights to the show but they aren't going to announce it until sometime in the future, probably when they do a press release or something.

But my point is, if they didn't get confirmation from ADV, then where did they get their information from? They didn't list a source...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4