• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Hunter X Hunter Manga Resumes in Shonen Jump in August

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Strawberryelle

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:47 pm Reply with quote
From what I've gathered its more of a mental health thing. I always picture him as Kazuya Hiramaru from bakuman
Shenl742

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:06 pm Reply with quote
I kind of gave up on the series around the Phantom Brigade arc...

Are they any actual lingering plot threads left?

Does Leorio every became anything more than "That guy with a pocket knife"?
Megiddo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:14 pm Reply with quote
Leorio pretty much vanished since the start of Greed Island, which sucks for me since he and Kurapica are my favorite characters (with Hisoka in 3rd).

There are still plenty of plot threads open, even if Togashi finishes the Chimera Ant arc.
Psycho_Despair

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:21 pm Reply with quote
I want Kazuya Hiramaru back from his HIATUS I WANT MORE OTTER#11!!!!

lol Well, I am glad that HXH is coming back. And I give it 15 chapters!
sonryu

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:27 pm Reply with quote
HXH is one of my favorite manga titles, so I'm glad it's coming back, but I really just don't much like this Chimera Arc. It's not doing anything for the main plot as far as I'm concerned. It has nothing to do with Leorio, Kurapica vs the Genei Ryodan, or even Gon finding his father. It's just one big side-tracked story. Considering we're always worrying about whether it's even going to get finished since it goes on haitus constantly for whatever reason, I really wish that Togashi would have just went with an arc that actually tied up loose ends. Once he finally finishes this arc, I honestly wouldn't expect him to start another. Even if he can't illustrate it himself, the least he could do is put a script together so his wife can do it for him lol
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Manga
Lenks

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:30 pm Reply with quote
Shenl742 wrote:

All I can remember off the top of my head:

Gon finding Ging.

Hisoka's blood lust for Killua and Gon.

Kurapika's crusade.

spoiler[Kuroro regaining his powers.]

spoiler[Gon's recent transformation.]

Killua's sibling looking for a long lost sibling.

And I'm sure we'll see the reappearance of: Leorio, Zushi/Wing, Biscuit, and Honzo at some point.

And that's all I can think of. It might be all of them. But it's been a while since I've really read or seen the series. Togashi has left too many things open to really end it here.[/spoiler]
hehey

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:44 pm Reply with quote
Toriko36 wrote:
I'm glad his health has improved and looking forward to see the end of the Chimera Ant arc and see what happens next in the story.
you thats a myth right?, Shonen jump stopped using that excuse years ago after Togashi was spotted selling Doujinshi in conventions when he was supposed to be sick and after Togashi revealed at the end of one of his volumes that he just takes time to play the latest video games and goes on trips and stuff (seriously).

HxH goes on haitus because Togahsi feels like doing so.
Psycho_Despair

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:46 pm Reply with quote
hehey wrote:
Toriko36 wrote:
I'm glad his health has improved and looking forward to see the end of the Chimera Ant arc and see what happens next in the story.
you thats a myth right?, Shonen jump stopped using that excuse years ago after Togashi was spotted selling Doujinshi in conventions when he was supposed to be sick and after Togashi revealed at the end of one of his volumes that he just takes time to play the latest video games and goes on trips and stuff (seriously).

HxH goes on haitus because Togahsi feels like doing so.

He draws Doujinshi!? What!? This man is crazy he should be drawing HXH!!
SgtMustang

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:34 am Reply with quote
Bout Dang Time.
Prob wont finish the ant arc in the ~10ch's he'll do but hope we at least get some good battles.
Hows the Greed Island manga story compare to the ova? Basically really love the series and first ova. Didn't like the greed island arc, seemed just like a big advertisement for video games and knockoff pokemon cards. Started the manga where the ova's left off and have enjoyed the hunters battles w/ the chimera even if it doesn't move the finding gon's father/hisoka/spiders stories along.
mrsticky005

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:37 am Reply with quote
I don't care what others say the Chimera Ant Arc is beast.
But it will be awesome when the hiatus ends in August.
SgtMustang

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:02 am Reply with quote
it left off at such a crazy part in the story, anything could happen in the upcoming chapters.
Son-kun

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:14 pm Reply with quote
Lenks wrote:
Shenl742 wrote:

All I can remember off the top of my head:

Gon finding Ging.

Hisoka's blood lust for Killua and Gon.

Kurapika's crusade.

spoiler[Kuroro regaining his powers.]

spoiler[Gon's recent transformation.]

Killua's sibling looking for a long lost sibling.

And I'm sure we'll see the reappearance of: Leorio, Zushi/Wing, Biscuit, and Honzo at some point.

And that's all I can think of. It might be all of them. But it's been a while since I've really read or seen the series. Togashi has left too many things open to really end it here.[/spoiler]

I'll add one more spoiler[Gyro's reappearance....or first appearance depending on how you look at it.]. But I'm pretty sure, he'll have a large role in upcoming chapters or future arcs.
MaxSouth

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:48 pm Reply with quote
Lord Van wrote:
Nice. Hopefully he'll stay well and complete the manga *crosses fingers*.

Toriko36 wrote:

this has nothing to do with health issues... he is quite rich and just not very interested in manga any more to draw any more often than he does...

and even when he does, sometimes the quality of execution lacks badly as if it is draft, with almost no clean up... he just does not start drawing in enough time before commitment date to make the work clean...
jtstellar

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:08 pm Reply with quote
MaxSouth wrote:
Lord Van wrote:
Nice. Hopefully he'll stay well and complete the manga *crosses fingers*.

Toriko36 wrote:

this has nothing to do with health issues... he is quite rich and just not very interested in manga any more to draw any more often than he does...

and even when he does, sometimes the quality of execution lacks badly as if it is draft, with almost no clean up... he just does not start drawing in enough time before commitment date to make the work clean...

rofl and just what's wrong about that.. art isn't like the maintenance of daily utilities where some guy can just provide you with routine work and call it a day. when was the last time someone drew out of desperation to cover his living expenses and had to resort to the most cliche' theme of the masses that turned out to be an epic work at the end.
mufurc

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:45 pm Reply with quote
jtstellar wrote:
rofl and just what's wrong about that.. art isn't like the maintenance of daily utilities where some guy can just provide you with routine work and call it a day. when was the last time someone drew out of desperation to cover his living expenses and had to resort to the most cliche' theme of the masses that turned out to be an epic work at the end.

Um, have you even seen some of the "artwork" Togashi has turned in to WSJ? They're no more than sketches. (He later finishes them for the tankoubon release.)

Also, as others have already said, Togashi doesn't draw out of desperation to cover his living expenses...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3