• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Assassination Classroom (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:43 pm Reply with quote
Harleyquin wrote:
@Stark700: I take it you're referring to episode 13 and not 12?

Oops yeah, my bad.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ohoni

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:25 am Reply with quote
This is why I totally love spoiler[Nagisa] as a character. He's like an Assassin's Creed character when played pure crowd stealth.

Quote:

Also very intriguing is the appearance of the principal in a oblique role. What's his deal? One one hand it seems unforgivable what he has done to Class E but it seems he has something more to him than just being evil.

Well, he's a jerk, but first and foremost, he's a teacher. He's willing to give Class E a hellish schooling experience, but only because he firmly believes that it will make all the other classes excel. He's willing to be cruel only in practical service to results, and even then he would only be willing to do so within the bounds of an education. Takaoka's methods went too far out of those bounds. Presumably he even wants Class E to graduate and go on to reasonably fulfilling lives, he just wants to ensure that until that point they serve their role as an example to the other students.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:11 am Reply with quote
Episode 13

I definitely said that I love this series when this episode finished, it was just great. I feel like in its basic format it is about the relationship between student and teacher. A relationship can be made out of various things like fear, friendship, and respect, but how that goes about is important.

I am reminded of my High School years I remember that we had a teacher that all younger students were afraid of, but senior students thought was great. It kind of had me kind of ponder it, and thought that there is something great about a teacher who can motivate students to try for higher but still be totally look out for you. And Koro-Sensei.... oh my god he totally reminds me of my senior maths teacher for a sense of humour and also getting students to try (and bald), he was my favourite teacher.

As for the star student of the episode, Nagisa, it had been hinted before now but Nagisa is truly the closest to being an actual assassin, as if it was meant for him. It was good for it to have more relevance.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:41 pm Reply with quote

spoiler[Koro sure is amazing when it comes to improvising.
That pool was great but Koro went overboard.
Terasaka lost it and got used for it.
Itona made another move.
Still Terasaka managed to redeem himself in the end..
That E class is a force to be reckoned with!]
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:59 pm Reply with quote
I find it funny how spoiler[Koro-sensei revealed another one of his weaknesses revolving around swimming indirectly]. Ha, another funny episode.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:39 pm Reply with quote
So Koro-sensei gets his power from spoiler[anti-matter reactions? ] Interesting.

I wrote before that the Kurasama needs to lose the clenched-teeth-and-scowl trip he has been on since episode 1. So maybe this will do it. Also it was a bit surprising that he could have such nuanced post-mortem reflections on his actions and why it all happened.
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:31 pm Reply with quote
Looks like someone's reading ahead.

At any rate, this episode sees everyone in Class E finally get on board the great assassination train. Students like Terasaka aren't all that unusual, what I liked about him was his awareness of his own limitations and the desire to change his surroundings once push came to shove.

I wonder how long it took for Koro-Sensei to prepare the mountain pool, but looking at the early shots he certainly put in a lot of effort for his students. Even if it's at the cost of revealing quite a key weakness of his.

Shirou up to his tricks, but his continued under-estimation of Class E and what it can do is going to prove his undoing each time if he continues.

Viewers should already be aware of the big weakness Nagisa mentioned at the end of the episode (it's not the water).
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:22 am Reply with quote
Harleyquin wrote:
Viewers should already be aware of the big weakness Nagisa mentioned at the end of the episode (it's not the water).

We already knew from episode one, in fact it was spoiler[Terasaka who kind of revealed it when he put Nagisa in trouble with the bomb].
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 1:47 pm Reply with quote

spoiler[Final exams time.
Koro shooting off his tentacles & making it into a weird story..
He sure found an interesting thing to motivate them.
The main student body wasn't going to give up easily.
Like father like son. Asano is onto something.
The surprising bet with A class got intense.
Let the battle of the wits begin!]
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 1:48 pm Reply with quote
Episode 15:

spoiler[Asano] is pretty awesome. spoiler[Otherwise, I don't like the Big 5 much. They need to climb off their high horse and ego.]

I thought this week's episode was decent imo for spoiler[building upthe upcoming stuff...and I just love how Rio showed some of those punks who is boss.] Next week should be fun! (well, maybe not for some of the spoiler[test takers])
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 3:13 pm Reply with quote
Since the producers are going for the juiciest parts of the source material, we get another arc featuring examinations. With the introduction of Class A's elite members, Class E have quite a bit of work to do to fulfil Koro-Sensei's target as well as the challenge set by Class A.

I laughed quite a bit when Koro-Sensei demonstrated the impact of losing tentacles when he's engaged in hyper-speed after-image mode.

They say apples don't fall too far from the tree, Asano Gakushuu is a typical example. Undoubtedly talented but just as obsessed with results and control as the father.

It's obvious to viewers that the odds are very much stacked against Class E, but this is not the Class E from years past so next week should reveal just how far they've progressed from April.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 8:31 am Reply with quote
I had fallen a bit behind on this title, so I just marathoned eppies 13, 14 & 15. Good stuff. But hearkening back to Haruhi Toy's comments of a few weeks ago that female characters getting short shrift - none of Class A's Big Five are females? Come on, in this day and age that kind of sexism isn't just ridiculous it opens a huge credibility gap.

Oh and I appreciated the gag in episode 14 where some of the girls expressed surprise that Nagisa was a guy after seeing him with his shirt off. Damn that little dude is cute.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 9:35 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
\ none of Class A's Big Five are females? Come on, in this day and age that kind of sexism\

I was wondering if this case might be because they are putting effort into making the big-5 nasty and venal and they just didn't want to do that to girl characters. Of course that's still sexist but sort of understandable.

On the Class E side the girls are represented, and I have sort of developed a thing for Rio, the blonde with the long hair. They've all come a long way but you have to like a girl who can be Japanese-feminine and still rip a a-hole's nose Chinatown style without breaking stride.

That turnaround scene in the library was also quite satisfying.

All the same I have my doubts about Class E winning this bet and I think it was very ill-advised to take that bet without knowing what the loss penalty will be. And you just know there are going to be nasty surprises for Class E in store just like before. I just don't know if any of Class E except for possibly Karma is really up to it.

Principal and Son have quite the warm little relationship there. I'll have to admit that I kind of like a pair like that who can craze glass just by having a low-level chuckle.
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 5:36 pm Reply with quote
In other news, the OVA episode 0 appears to have been released. Content includes details on how Karasuma and Koro-Sensei first met if earlier press releases are any indication.
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 2:20 pm Reply with quote
Harleyquin wrote:
In other news, the OVA episode 0 appears to have been released. Content includes details on how Karasuma and Koro-Sensei first met if earlier press releases are any indication.

Episode #0:

spoiler[What a con job. It was still fun since it was so short. ]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 7 of 19