• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Durarara!!×2 (TV).

Goto page Previous  

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:55 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Celty also got her head back! I find it weird seeing it but it's still quite a special sight.

As feared, she doesn't seem to be the better for it. I feel bad for Shinra.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:00 am Reply with quote
Celty actually got her head back. This is kind of a major event for the story thus far. Sadly she seems to have been reset.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:18 am Reply with quote
Saika's children out of control.. or under misguided influence.
Chat went out of control too.
Celty got her head back..
Shame they didn't show more of her.
Guess they're saving it for next time.
Good episode.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:35 pm Reply with quote
Durarara!! Ketsu episode 9:

This is almost scary seeing all those minions just walking around now. Just too strange.

Good episode, I really liked Shizuo and Izaya's confrontation. Nice background storytelling focused on Shizuo as well. I wish they gave Varona more screen time with her fighting but oh well. Still a pretty thrilling episode with the developments.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 11:39 am Reply with quote
Durarara!! Ketsu episode 10:

Hmm, I thought the episode was alright, nothing too special though this week.

The zombie parade continues but I find the logic expressed by Anri to be quite something relating to humans.

I'm actually kinda impressed by Erika's bravery to pass off as one of the zombies. Wonder what was going through her head the whole time. Mikado's revelation about being leader of the Dollars felt kinda anti-climatic to me at the end. Shinra's feelings for Celty seems pretty obvious at this point as well.

2 more episodes left Sad

Last edited by Stark700 on Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:33 pm Reply with quote
Holy hell episode 11 was good.
From Kishitani Dad all the way to the final moments, there was pretty much nothing I disliked, and everything I did like. I do wish animation was better so Masaomi's punches on Mikado felt less half-assed but at this point I take what I can get.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:40 pm Reply with quote
Regarding Mikado, did he just go crazy or what? Lol.

Glad to see Shizuo and Izaya face off one last time. Their rivalry has been a genesis that I've always enjoyed watching. And to think, we only got one more episode left after 3 full cour seasons of DRRR. Next week is going to be sad Sad
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:55 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Regarding Mikado, did he just go crazy or what?

Nah. That might actually have been interesting. Instead what you saw is him plumbing new depths of self-absorbed idiocy.
12skippy21

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:07 pm Reply with quote
HaruhiToy wrote:
Stark700 wrote:
Regarding Mikado, did he just go crazy or what?

Nah. That might actually have been interesting. Instead what you saw is him plumbing new depths of self-absorbed idiocy.

Here, here. Just watched the episode and I have never seen such as individual attempt to destroy so many people for the sake of his own self loathing. The kicker is that he will likely be forgiven for it.

This show is made up of 99% interesting/likable characters so why the hell are we following the one dumbass as the main lead!!! Confused
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:46 am Reply with quote
Series' finale:

Wow...

I almost cried a little. Can't believe there's no more DRRR! episodes left! Glad to see that they kept Varona relevant as well towards the end. Izaya and Shizuo's fight was quite entertaining imo mostly because it was more than just to see who can beat up who. Lol Mikage, almost felt bad for the dude.

Very good way to wrap up the show to give the main characters their futures. And to be quite honest, I'm satisfied with the overall series/franchise. Rating it as very good! I think I rated all three seasons with a similar score.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:43 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Can't believe there's no more DRRR!

Maybe, but they had to end it some time. I think what it had to offer, while substantial, had run its course and there would be little to be gained by taking on more-of-the-same episodes.

I feel good for Shinra and Celty.

Mikado is still an idiot.

Verona needs a man who can pin her down when needed so why is she leaving when that guy is right there.

I think everyone has had enough of Izaya.

Driving around in the Otaku van gets old and actually has been for a long time.

And so on... I'll give DRRR an A overall.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:28 am Reply with quote
Durarara!! ×2 The Third Arc (Season 3), Episode 12 (Finale)

Can finally put Durarara as finished, and I feel that is kind of a good thing. Not a lot I can really say about the finale, but it was all a long time coming.

One would have to try and divorce this season as its own entity separate from the series as a whole. As a whole I like Durarara, but as episodes went on I kind of started to lose interest, and as I will have to rate these last 12 episodes by themselves, I don't think they were all that great. Some good things maybe in there, but did we really want to see Mikado trying to shoot himself and all that other nonsense? Anri opening was probably among the best, but still. I give this season of Durarara a Decent (6/10), it was a decent end to this franchise, but there was not much of a glow that got me initially interested. Or perhaps I was just getting bored.
pinoyfreestyler

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:48 am Reply with quote
Question:

What's with the anime references?
&
Are they allowed to use anime characters from other shows? Won't there be any concerns regarding copyrights and intellectual property?
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:04 pm Reply with quote
pinoyfreestyler wrote:
Are they allowed to use anime characters from other shows? Won't there be any concerns regarding copyrights and intellectual property?

Copyright rules vary from region to region, but "fair use" and "quotation" rules that allow this are pretty widespread. Quoting some else's work is generally not considered a violation of copy right. Also the makers of anime generally understand each other and would probably give implicit permission if asked anyway.

If that weren't the case the image copyright holders for Bart Simpson would pretty much own everything by now.

Ironically one of your images was shut down because the hosting service doesn't allow hot links.
Dessa

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:26 pm Reply with quote
They're also promoting other LN/manga/anime from the same publisher/magazine/production house, so it's self advertisement.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 14 of 14