• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Welcome, new Mods (announcement on page 9).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:27 pm Reply with quote
If the occasional absence is okay I'd be open to helping out, maybe focusing on less visited and less noticed areas like the Polls or Retail sections.

If I weren't focused on getting a job whose time constraints could hinder my participation I'd be open to a more active role. I've been an admin/mod for my once-active but now pretty-much-dead band forum for years (a fan run forum replaced by an official forum and Facebook migration).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
st_owly

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:51 pm Reply with quote
I would like to add a vote of confidence for Psycho. He's one of the longest standing members of this forum, and he knows the place pretty damn well.
dtm42

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:54 pm Reply with quote
Apologies for this long post. A lot has happened since I went to work.

Spastic Minnow wrote:
If the occasional absence is okay I'd be open to helping out...

Hey, anything to take the load off the other mods is great. Plus FWIW I think you'd make a good mod in your own right. If I hadn't been so tired last night I would have nominated you as well.

errinundra wrote:
I'm happy to accept the nomination. Thanks, dtm42.

And thank you for accepting the nomination. We've had our run-ins in the past but I could say the same thing about Key and I still respect him as a moderator. Make no mistake, I do respect you too; not just your intelligence but also your temperament and fairness. As a Kiwi that's not something I usually admit about an Australian, so this is a big deal for me. Razz

nbahn wrote:
Thank you, mdo7 and dtm42, for your consideration.

Hey man, no problem. I'm really happy you volunteered. I always thought you'd make a good moderator but I never thought you'd get a chance. So when I saw this thread and your name being considered I thought I ought to give you my support. Not that my opinion matters to the admin - they'll make up their own minds - but you at least deserve to know that people are rooting for ya.

nbahn wrote:
Another fear of mine is being called upon to referee an argument between dtm42 and blood-.

No chance of that happening. Not anymore. Consider that a guarantee clad in steel.

Psycho 101 wrote:
You really don't know a thing about me DTM so please don't pretend you do.

I don't know much about you - never said I did - but I know how you post on these forums. Stuff about your girlfriend is all nice and good but it's irrelevant to your posting behaviour.

Psycho 101 wrote:
I do not pick fights for fun, or at all for that matter.

That's patently untrue. You have often jumped into a thread and - already filled with hostility - started an argument by absolutely slamming someone without cause. I personally know this for a fact because yes, the person whom you sink your teeth into is often me. I'd link to specific examples but funnily enough, exchanges between you and me usually wind up deleted. Hmm, now I wonder why that is?

Psycho 101 wrote:
Your personal bias against me is well known...

This comment made my day.

Alan45 wrote:
@dtm42
I think you will find that Psycho101 has been fairly calm and a lot more diplomatic lately. Of course I would say the same about you which may have some bearing on the matter. My point being that people do change over time.

I sincerely would love that to be true.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:05 pm Reply with quote
Just a quick notice: I'll be gone from the forums and won't be back home (or probably near a computer I'd like to use) till sometime Christmas Day. So if you guys are going to nominate someone, please feel free to PM them in my stead, and I will add the names to the opening post when I get back. Happy holidays, folks.
mdo7

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:08 pm Reply with quote
Tony K. wrote:
Just a quick notice: I'll be gone from the forums and won't be back home (or probably near a computer I'd like to use) till sometime Christmas Day. So if you guys are going to nominate someone, please feel free to PM them in my stead, and I will add the names to the opening post when I get back. Happy holidays, folks.

Have a nice time, Merry Christmas Tony. Razz
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:41 pm Reply with quote
I would like to nominate nbahn as Moderator.

He displays a sunny personality, has been civil in addressing new ANN members, and has exceptional knowledge of the ANN rules.
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:28 pm Reply with quote
Mr. Oshawott--
Thank you. Cool Smile Very Happy Surprised Embarassed Mr. Green Anime catgrin Anime smile + sweatdrop Anime catgrin + sweatdrop Anime smile Anime hyper
mdo7

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:38 pm Reply with quote
Regarding one of my previous post. I sent a PM to Dessa to let him know that if he's she's willing to take the job as ANN moderator.

EDIT: Turns out Dessa is a she, not a he. My apologies to Dessa if I call her a he.

Last edited by mdo7 on Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:41 pm Reply with quote
@mdo7
She not he.

Dessa is a woman not a man.
mdo7

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:42 pm Reply with quote
Alan45 wrote:
@mdo7
She not he.

Dessa is a woman not a man.

Oops, my bad. Embarassed
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:44 pm Reply with quote
@nbahn

You're welcome! Anime smile Good luck getting chosen.

Happy Holidays everyone!
mdo7

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:49 pm Reply with quote
Just a little FYI: Dessa replied back to my PM, she saw this thread and she has confirmed on the PM back to me that she'll post her thought on this thread tomorrow or the day after.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:44 pm Reply with quote
Alan45 wrote:
@dtm42
I think you will find that Psycho101 has been fairly calm and a lot more diplomatic lately. Of course I would say the same about you which may have some bearing on the matter. My point being that people do change over time.

Keep whispering sweet nothings like that Alan and I might just nominate you. Wink
Crisha

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:14 am Reply with quote
I also feel that Psycho would be a great fit as a moderator. He's clearly passionate about the site and is the kind of guy to get shit done no matter how unpleasant. And I do feel that he would be able to approach things diplomatically if needed.

I would also like to support nbahn and errinundra. They're both great contributors to the community.
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:31 am Reply with quote
willag--
Thank you for your support; I appreciate it, I do!
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 2 of 13