• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Your and My Secret's Morinaga to End Kirara no Hoshi Manga

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Agent355

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:16 pm Reply with quote
Ai Morinaga is a great comedy mangaka, and it's sad that her stuff doesn't sell well in English (3 publishers took on Your and My Secret and I'm not sure any of them completed it). I don't think she's got an anime adaptation of her manga, either. But I still wish I could check out her latest title legally. Hope she starts a new manga soon!
CallumKeyblade

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:56 pm Reply with quote
Agent355 wrote:
Ai Morinaga is a great comedy mangaka, and it's sad that her stuff doesn't sell well in English (3 publishers took on Your and My Secret and I'm not sure any of them completed it). I don't think she's got an anime adaptation of her manga, either. But I still wish I could check out her latest title legally. Hope she starts a new manga soon!

I think it's more a case of bad luck in terms of publishers than her stuff not selling in English. The first publisher dropped the series, Tokyopop had decent sales for the series but then they shut down & finally JManga finished the series but it was digital only so there's no way to obtain it now. & I think all her other works released in English were by now defunct publishers.
lys

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:03 pm Reply with quote
DelRey had put My Heavenly Hockey Club on indefinite hiatus part-way through its run, even before they ceased operations, and Kodansha never picked the series up (or any of her later works), so I've assumed the series didn't sell so well for them. It's a shame, since I do love her brand of humour...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1