• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Toei's Spider-Man, Leopardon Robot Join the Spider-Verse in Amazing Spider-Man #12

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jdnation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:32 pm Reply with quote
An earlier issue of Spider-verse also had another manga/anime-like Spiderman, or it might've even been a girl. One panel had caricature versions of Shinji, Kowaru, Rei and Asuka from Eva in the classroom.

Oh, here it is..

DuelGundam2099

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:40 pm Reply with quote
So does this mean Gainax properties are part of the Marvel multiverse now? Considering Russian sentinels in the X-Men comics look like evas that doesn't seem entirely out of the question.
Quote:
I can't believe it, it's back.

Now we wait for Marvel to get streaming rights to Battle Fever J, Denziman, and Sun Vulcan! Razz With all that Avengers and Guardians of The Galaxy money that doesn't seem entirely farfetched, especially with Crunchyroll dishing out Ultra shows and Zyuranger about to be released by Shout Factory.
Shenl742

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:44 pm Reply with quote
mdo7

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:45 pm Reply with quote
DuelGundam2099 wrote:

Quote:
I can't believe it, it's back.

Now we wait for Marvel to get streaming rights to Battle Fever J, Denziman, and Sun Vulcan! Razz With all that Avengers and Guardians of The Galaxy money that doesn't seem entirely farfetched, especially with Crunchyroll dishing out Ultra shows and Zyuranger about to be released by Shout Factory.

I'm not sure if we'll get any of the Super Sentai beyond Zyuranger. I mean Japanese media is so reluctant to export most of their popular J-dramas outside of Asia (despite CR just recently picked up these 2). It's good that Ultraman is getting CR releases, but I'm not sure about Super Sentai, and Kamen Rider.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
BWLJ

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:46 pm Reply with quote
For those of you who are not comic readers: Marvel numbers all of there multiple universes, and considers ALL adaptations to be part of their multiverse. Both Stan Lee and Dan Slot (the writer of the Spider-man comics since 2008) both have said that they really liked the Japanese Spiderman live action tv show. Slot is also actually somewhat of an anime fan. What I'm getting at is that it was only a matter of time before Takuya showed up in the Spider-verse story.

And if any of you are old enough to remember the "Spider-man and his Amazing Firends" cartoon, here you go:
PMDR

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:09 am Reply with quote
Awesome show all by itself but also for the concepts it cemented which are still in use today.
GATSU

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:11 pm Reply with quote
Shen: I just wish Marvel would republish the manga here.
jdnation

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:25 pm Reply with quote
Kaneda can also be seen in an Edge of Spider-Verse issue.

mdo7

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:28 pm Reply with quote
DuelGundam2099 wrote:
http://marvel.com/news/comics/23916/japanese_spiderman_rocks_spider-verse_returns_to_marvelcom

Toku Spidey is back on Marvel.com! Also Dan Slott confirmed for being based. Cool

Turns out you're correct.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:52 am Reply with quote
Wow, those are some nice cameos of famed anime/manga characters.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2