• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha Vivid Anime's Ad, More Cast, April Debut Unveiled

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IceKirby

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:09 pm Reply with quote
ZetaZaku wrote:
Japan sure loves their lolicon magical girls. I know that Nanoha was a bit pedo, but Vivid is just plainly insulting. Mahou shoujo is something that should only be aimed at girls. Precure still has a huge male following without being lolicon. But once the main demographic is male, it easily goes into the pedo territory like the recent Fate/Loli.

Nanoha never looked to be aimed specifically at girls. It's hard to even call it a Mahou Shoujo despite the name (except for the first half of season 1, it only uses a few elements from the genre). [joke]So being a bit extra lolicon is not a problem[/joke]
_Cyphon_

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:02 am Reply with quote
MajinAkuma wrote:

Well, it would help if you watched the franchise before.

Vivio's Adult Mode looks like this:

Her Sankt Kaiser Form looks like this:

Hm, I looked the series up and it looks like it is quite large in scale. There are already three seasons before vivid, adding up to 40+ episodes, not counting the spin-offs and side stories. How intense is the fanservice in this show?
MajinAkuma

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:55 pm Reply with quote
_Cyphon_ wrote:

Hm, I looked the series up and it looks like it is quite large in scale. There are already three seasons before vivid, adding up to 40+ episodes, not counting the spin-offs and side stories. How intense is the fanservice in this show?

Well, the fanservice in previous series wasn't that much of a deal, it could be ignored and it wasn't a key element of the franchise. Nanoha is an original anime, but both A's and StrikerS have supplementary mangas that both include much more clothing damage than the anime. ViVid is an original manga and has tons of clothing damage and has more fanservice. In previous seasons, there is a serious mood that couldn't be washed away with fanservice. ViVid is much more light-hearted and has a different tone than previous seasons. Even the much darker Force has a lot of fanservice, but it's a different story. However, it's not known what material the anime studio is going to adapt. Maybe they tone the fanservice down, since the previous anime rarely used fanservice in fight scenes.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2