• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Live-Action Black Butler Gets Blu-ray Release in the U.K.

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mdo7

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:05 am Reply with quote
Sheleigha wrote:
mdo7 wrote:

But again I don't know why Europe and Australian are picking these up (along with Korean films and other Asian cinema), while North America is stuck picking up other non-Japanese Asian cinemas.

Yeah I often see various Asian movies making the market, although it's a market I'm unfamiliar with, so I'm unsure on details on it. I'm just surprised that big anime here such, as Black Butler and Rurouni Kenshin, wouldn't have their live-action movies make it here. I figured that (especially with Kenshin), that they would be big enough to warrant these movies to be brought over.

Well I don't want to derail the topic any further but I have numerous issues with how Japan is not taking the international market beyond anime and manga (which you can read but scroll down a bit to see my issues and I pointed out with lots of evidence). I think you'll understand more clearly what I'm talking about when you read it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
kevinx59

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:01 am Reply with quote
pachy_boy wrote:

Especially since it's region-free! And for Rurouni Kenshin fans who aren't in the know, the UK steelbook blu-rays for the first movie and upcoming second movie are also region-free! Why it's arranged that way, I don't know, but it makes even me wish it happens more often.
Is Kenshin also being released in the UK by Warner? Because i don't know about in the UK but over here in the US all (or almost all) of Warners' blu-rays are region free. Same for the most part with Universal, Paramount and Disney. Sony and Lionsgate vary, and Fox are all region locked. Anyways this is interesting news, although I don't have much interest in this movie.
pachy_boy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:38 am Reply with quote
kevinx59 wrote:
Is Kenshin also being released in the UK by Warner?

Yes, and now I'm starting to understand that the region-free deal may well be a Warner thing.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2