• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: NIS America Streams The Awakened Fate Ultimatum Story, Character Promos

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kaon

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:33 pm Reply with quote
I hear Based Johnny Yong Bosch... w00t

Game sounds somewhat similar to the "The Guided Fate Paradox"

I am somewhat interested... I guess...

Last edited by Kaon on Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
KH91

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:56 pm Reply with quote
Kaon wrote:
I hear Based Johnny Yong Bosch... w00t

Game sounds somewhat similar to the "The Guided Fate Paradox"

I somewhat interested... I guess...

Maybe because this is the sequel.
Gistradagis

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:58 pm Reply with quote
I'm so mad this is only for PS3... =X
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:12 am Reply with quote
Upon looking at the title, I though it was another Fate/stay title.
Calsolum

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:18 pm Reply with quote
Whoa a sequel already? I haven't even started the first one and I even preordered the LE of it. Guess I'm gonna buy this one and put it with the first.
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:43 pm Reply with quote
Calsolum wrote:
Whoa a sequel already? I haven't even started the first one and I even preordered the LE of it. Guess I'm gonna buy this one and put it with the first.

Just got to warn you that the first game is HELLA hard. Like...Dark Souls hard. Took me a while to finally beat. Requires a very large amount of level grinding. But SOOO satisfying to to finally complete. Though the story wasn't anything special (lots of lost potential unfortunately).

Hoping the story has improved a bit in this one. Wouldn't mind if they at least let you choose a difficulty level too instead of saying "you'll play the game at whatever difficulty we want you too bitch! Evil or Very Mad ".
Calsolum

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:36 pm Reply with quote
leatherhead333 wrote:

Just got to warn you that the first game is HELLA hard. Like...Dark Souls hard. Took me a while to finally beat. Requires a very large amount of level grinding. But SOOO satisfying to to finally complete. Though the story wasn't anything special (lots of lost potential unfortunately).

Hoping the story has improved a bit in this one. Wouldn't mind if they at least let you choose a difficulty level too instead of saying "you'll play the game at whatever difficulty we want you too bitch! Evil or Very Mad ".

Aww that... That sucks. I mean I only like hard lv grinding games if the story is good, I mean the main reason I couldn't finish the 1st neptunia ps3 game was because of that, then by extension I couldn't start the 2nd and I have every Neptune game released in the west... But finished none Sad

Hmn if the grinding is that tedious I can cheat or gamesave it, I like to enjoy my games lol Razz
Gistradagis

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:48 am Reply with quote
Calsolum wrote:
leatherhead333 wrote:

Aww that... That sucks. I mean I only like hard lv grinding games if the story is good, I mean the main reason I couldn't finish the 1st neptunia ps3 game was because of that, then by extension I couldn't start the 2nd and I have every Neptune game released in the west... But finished none Sad

Hmn if the grinding is that tedious I can cheat or gamesave it, I like to enjoy my games lol Razz

It's alright, he's exaggerating quite a bit. Its difficulty is nowhere near close to Dark Souls. You'll have to grind a bit, yes, but I didn't put tens of hours into it and only a couple bosses were really tough (one of them the final boss).

So don't worry! It's only a little above average difficulty.
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:29 am Reply with quote
Gistradagis wrote:
Calsolum wrote:
leatherhead333 wrote:

It's alright, he's exaggerating quite a bit. Its difficulty is nowhere near close to Dark Souls. You'll have to grind a bit, yes, but I didn't put tens of hours into it and only a couple bosses were really tough (one of them the final boss).

So don't worry! It's only a little above average difficulty.

Not really. I've been to many boards that have talked about the game and it's one of the tougher RPG's out there. Or at least in recent memory. Lots of people get stuck on the 4th boss which is arguably the hardest boss fight in the entire game (I didn't get stuck anywhere else besides the final boss fight).

There are times where you'll be doing fine then all of a sudden you are thrown into a monster swarm where you have no chance of winning because the monsters are tougher than you are ready for. This is because of the stupid "you lose all your levels after finishing every dungeon" gimmick. Sure you can upgrade your base stats but you still have to grind quite a bit to reach a level able to take the bosses since they they can jump up to 20 levels from the previous floor (this goes for the standard enemies too).

That's really the only feature I hate. I'd be fine with the game if it just had a traditional leveling up system like Tales of Xillia. It'd be a bit more approachable.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1