• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Old Video Troubleshooting

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 5:47 pm Reply with quote
zengu wrote:
Hello, I'm one of the beta subscribers for ANN AU and for some reason I no longer have access to the 720p versions of video. ^^' AFAIK, the subscription is meant to last 3 months, and I managed to access [C] in 720p two days ago, so I'm a little curious as to why this is happening. I've tried logging out and then logging back in, but there's no change.

It's a monthly subscription. Those who paid through paypal should have it renewed automatically, but since you're a beta tester you'll have to ask Eric if you want it renewed.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:44 pm Reply with quote
Another instance of the player here not liking special characters - in Nichijou episode 1 Mai's line "Is this déjà vu?" at 16:22 is rendered "Is this dj vu?"; compare with the same episode on Crunchyroll's player:

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
jsevakis
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:22 pm Reply with quote
Fixed.
Gamer89Grr

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:46 pm Reply with quote
When I go to a page for any anime and it says "we have x", I will click this and it just brings me to the title of the episode in black text. Removed every barrier that could be a cause with no luck. Directly going into video can have the same effect if they're aren't on Hulu or Funimation.

Browsers(all the latest versions.)
Firefox
IE
Chrome
Opera

(I apologize now, I don't have best grammar in the world will often spell words very scrambled.)
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:43 am Reply with quote
If you mean where it says e.g. "Episode titles: We have 12" in the encyclopedia, that means exactly what it says - we have 12 episode titles in the encyclopedia - it does not relate to videos.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:41 pm Reply with quote
Another one of these:
Deaman Wonderland 4

At 09:43 "naïve" becomes "nave".

--edit--

and in episode 6 at 19:37, "purée" becomes "pure" (at first I thought a whole word was missing or something).

--edit--

Rewatching Steins;Gate 1 I noticed the é is missing from café at 20:35.

--edit--

A subtitle discrepancy in Steins;Gate:
In episode 2 the name entered on Okarin's phone for Moeka (seen at 18:50) is subtitled as "The Lightning Shiatsu-ist", but later episodes use "Shining Finger" both in subtitles of onscreen text and actually spoken in English too.

The actual text does reads 閃光の指圧師 (senkou no shiatsushi) however, so the original translation is not incorrect (more like, how does Okarin get from that to Shining Finger although it's not like his mind works in any normal fashion...).
morty35

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:34 pm Reply with quote
I can't get episode 15 of Nobody's Boy Remi to play. It won't even load at all. And I tried both the 360 and 480 versions but neither of them worked. Is there anyway to fix this?
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:08 pm Reply with quote
[C] episode 10 stops dead at 22:23, before the end credits complete and before the progress bar hits the right-hand end.
http://www.anime-on-demand.com/video/17422/
BigOnAnime
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:35 am Reply with quote
I'm having trouble getting Eureka Seven Dubbed Episode 37 to play properly. I get the audio, but all I get is a black screen.
animenewsnetwork.com/video/4218/
[/url]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:22 pm Reply with quote
I forgot about these - more problems with onscreen text in Steins;Gate 6 at the times indicated:

In both cases the text seems to be cut off at the start, and is bunched up in a small column in the centre of the screen for some reason (see also here). It might make these email subtitles clearer if the labels were also subbed, i.e. "sender:", "subject:".
BigOnAnime
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:03 pm Reply with quote
ShanaFan852 wrote:
I'm having trouble getting Eureka Seven Dubbed Episode 37 to play properly. I get the audio, but all I get is a black screen.
animenewsnetwork.com/video/4218/
[img]http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae206/FlameHaze92/Random%20Stuff%20Private/rsz_eureka_seven_episode_37_dubbed_error_ann1.jpg

I also sometimes will get the wrong video. Some Toei Animation show. I think Galaxy Express 999.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Echo_City

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:37 pm Reply with quote
If this has been brought up before, I missed it & apologize.

The main page of ANN says that Origin: Spirits of the Past (dubbed) has been added to the ANN streaming list, courtesy of Hulu & Funimation. The page for that video says that it expires 7/22/2011, yet every time I try to play it, the video is already flagged as expired. Humorously, Aquarion is what Hulu recommends for me to watch instead.
tase

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:18 pm Reply with quote
I'm trying to watch Blue Exorcist Episode 2, animenewsnetwork.com/video/12294/

I loads 360p fine, but does not load 480p, there is no circling *, just a black box (toolbar still there).

So, whats up with the video ?
ss-hikaru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:59 pm Reply with quote
Hello, I hope I'm in the right place! I was watching Tiger and Bunny episode 14 (Love is Blind) and around 12-13 minutes in, the subs stopped matching up with the audio. I tried refreshing the page and using 480 instead of the 360 I usually use but it kept stuffing up at the same point. It's the part where the director of Hero TV introduces the 'second league' heroes to Tiger and Bunny. The audio has them say 'yoroshiku onegaishimasu' while the video is still on the audience, and the subs only start when it cuts to the heros. This results in the subs being around 2 lines behind the audio. Is it just me or is it the video? I'll try it again later, but just thought I'd bring it up in case there actually was a problem.

Thanks!
DonQuigleone

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:08 pm Reply with quote
ss-hikaru wrote:
Hello, I hope I'm in the right place! I was watching Tiger and Bunny episode 14 (Love is Blind) and around 12-13 minutes in, the subs stopped matching up with the audio. I tried refreshing the page and using 480 instead of the 360 I usually use but it kept stuffing up at the same point. It's the part where the director of Hero TV introduces the 'second league' heroes to Tiger and Bunny. The audio has them say 'yoroshiku onegaishimasu' while the video is still on the audience, and the subs only start when it cuts to the heros. This results in the subs being around 2 lines behind the audio. Is it just me or is it the video? I'll try it again later, but just thought I'd bring it up in case there actually was a problem.

Thanks!

Seconding. I'm having the same problem. Real downer, I want to finish the episode...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 7 of 11