• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? (TV) (all seasons).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:58 am Reply with quote
Season 4, episode 5:

Oh. I guess this was supposed to be the big climactic battle, but it's certainly not the minotaur fight from season 1. Or the minotaur fight from season 3. As you might guess from my above comments, "Bell shows up and he wins because he's just way stronger than the enemy" is not the resolution I was looking for. I also feel like Moss Man got really dumb. It was very quick to adapt to being at a disadvantage before, but this time it just keeps hammering away without adapting to being outclassed.

Also, did the mermaid matter? I feel like they set up a story and then just dropped it like a fish lady in a river.

But being disappointed in arc resolutions is nothing new for me on this franchise. At least the journey is fun.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:04 am Reply with quote
I almost giggled when Mermaid literally popped up at the end. I was fine with the resolution. I felt like Bell's party had been put through the wringer. Bell was his usual OP self but it seemed he had to put some effort in. Looking forward to his (presumptive) reunion with Wiene.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 8:25 pm Reply with quote
Season IV, Part 2, Episode 11 (Finale)

That was a pretty good cours. A very dependable franchise. I do miss Aiz, though. Man, has she ever fallen off the face of Orario. I really must tidy up my viewing of this title. I've watched all the seasons but haven't watched the movie, any of the OVAs or finished Sword of Oratoria. Sigh. An anime fan's work is never done...
Edjwald

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:32 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Season IV, Part 2, Episode 11 (Finale)

That was a pretty good cours. A very dependable franchise. I do miss Aiz, though. Man, has she ever fallen off the face of Orario.

I just binge watched the last 8 episodes...see, I was a little burned out on waiting week after week for never ending fight sequences to move on,.,so after the first 3 episodes of season IV Part 2, I decided to put this show on hold until I could watch it all at once.

I thought it was a strong finale. I still think that the season could have been 2 episode's shorter and been stronger for it, but the wait did add some emotional wallop to the ending. And I do feel like Ryuu's coming to terms with her inner darkness was earned.

Not sure how I feel about the mature, reliable, aloof Ryuu acting like a blushing school girl, but I still like the character a lot,
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10