• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Deadman Wonderland GN 7

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
_Cyphon_

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:08 pm Reply with quote
Deadman Wonderland wasn't bad. I just wish Shiro's design could have been better. Overall, plot was interesting and it was pretty engaging for a while.
Eldritcho

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:36 pm Reply with quote
I remember reading this series a few years ago online, and trying to buy the Tokyopop releases when they came out.

Does anyone know if the series has finished in Japan or not? If so, would it be worth it to start picking up the new releases again?
Bern73

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:47 pm Reply with quote
Eldritcho wrote:
I remember reading this series a few years ago online, and trying to buy the Tokyopop releases when they came out.

Does anyone know if the series has finished in Japan or not? If so, would it be worth it to start picking up the new releases again?

The series finished about a year and a half ago in Japan. I don't know if the entire series has been released over here yet, but I'd say now's a good time to start picking it back up again.
jr240483

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:36 am Reply with quote
true enough cause if you think other series endings like NGE or X:1999 had a twisted ending, this one would probably make it look like a sunday school.

also their definitely not making ganta too powerful cause there are a lot of people that can beat him very easily. especially mockingbird who is even more nuttier than the warden. and its safe to say that shiro have a double persona syndrome which will make things really interesting when he finds out that she is the wretched egg and was behind everything.

the only disappointing thing is that unfortunately just like claymore, we will have to read the manga cause its pretty obvious that there is no plans of a possible new follow up season.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Top Gun

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:12 pm Reply with quote
jr0904 wrote:
the only disappointing thing is that unfortunately just like claymore, we will have to read the manga cause its pretty obvious that there is no plans of a possible new follow up season.

I absolutely despise the whole "treat the anime as a commercial for the manga" syndrome that hits so many series. I'm really not a manga reader at all, so while I thought the series was a bunch of (extremely bloody) fun, I'm basically permanently left hanging.
gedata

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:14 pm Reply with quote
jr0904 wrote:
true enough cause if you think other series endings like NGE or X:1999 had a twisted ending, this one would probably make it look like a sunday school.

also their definitely not making ganta too powerful cause there are a lot of people that can beat him very easily. especially mockingbird who is even more nuttier than the warden. and its safe to say that shiro have a double persona syndrome which will make things really interesting when he finds out that she is the wretched egg and was behind everything.

I haven't read the last two volumes that came out, but I think beefing up Ganta a little because every time he's beaten an opponent he's had to rely on their stupidity first and foremost. When he beat Crow it was Crow was taking it easy on him when he could've wrecked with his sonic blades. Minatsuki lost because she let Ganta just walk over and headbutt her and Genkaku lost because he was too busy killing everyone, including his own allies. Not saying beefing him up would make him a better character, but it would at least mean that he could earn victories with his own power instead of looking for an opening while his foe is busy taunting him.
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:05 pm Reply with quote
I feel like pitbulls still have a reputation of being dangerous dogs to fear, since I still see a lot of these tough-looking guys walking their pitbulls around. It sometimes feels like half of all dogs I see are chihuahuas or pitbulls.

Or maybe they got their pooches during the years when pitbulls had that reputation. Or, more likely, it was a self-fulfilling prophecy as dangerous people with criminal records and/or in criminal organizations were drawn towards acquiring pitbulls and training them to be aggressive.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1