• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Adds Deadman Wonderland, Steins;Gate, More

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
einhorn303

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:25 pm Reply with quote
Sakurachan1 wrote:

There I said it... Funimation is NOT a fan friendly organization...I was dancing a happy dance when Viz made sure they didn't get their grubby hands on Bleach and Naruto - dear god what a disaster that would have been.,,

The implication that [Viz is more fan friendly than Funimation] is absolutely absurd.
Shay Guy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:35 pm Reply with quote
I've watched very little of the B Gata H Kei anime, but I have been following the manga, and not only have I found it pretty damn funny, I'd like to see an analysis of it through the lens of gender theory.
Eivion

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:21 pm Reply with quote
This seems like a decent haul. Most of these seem like they should be decent enough sellers regardless of their quality. Its not as big or good as last year's, but I honestly think that would asking way too much. Anyways, only ones I think I would be interested in purchasing are Steins;Gate and maybe Baka to Test 2. The former has been my favorite show from spring while the the first season of the latter was pretty fun. I liked Asobi ni Iku yo! for the most part, but not enough to purchase it. Deadman Wonderland was kind of a mixed bag. Never seen B Gata H Kei, but the premise doesn't interest me.
TitanXL

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:31 am Reply with quote
Season 2 of Seikon no Qwaser just ended and season 3 airs next year.. perfect time to announce a license, Funi!
Dark Absol

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:31 am Reply with quote
While I'm glad that those anime were licensed by FUNi, there are some anime I'm still waiting for:

The Familiar of Zero Season 2 & 3 (I know the season 1 was expired, but whatever...And I would prefer Sentai Filmworks to license all Season 1-3)
The Qwaser of Stigmata Season 1 & 2
Darker Than Black II
Nanoha Striker
Negima OVAs

Felt like it's been forever since they're finished in Japan.
njprogfan
Collector Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:45 am Reply with quote
About time someone picked up Asobi ni Iku yo! I thought C was going to be picked up eventually, but not this quickly and I'm surprised B Gata H Kei was picked up at all. Those three I will be picking up whenever.....now where's Lovely Complex, ef - a tale of memories, Minami-ke, Oriemo, Nagasarete Airantou?
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:28 am Reply with quote
Dark Absol wrote:
While I'm glad that those anime were licensed by FUNi, there are some anime I'm still waiting for:

The Familiar of Zero Season 2 & 3 (I know the season 1 was expired, but whatever...And I would prefer Sentai Filmworks to license all Season 1-3)
Darker Than Black II
Nanoha Striker
Negima OVAs

Felt like it's been forever since they're finished in Japan.

Funimation licensed Darker than Black 2 a year ago:
http://blog.funimation.com/2010/07/anime-expo-day-2-announcements/

That said, I do not believe anything listed under "New Licenses:" from that announcement has been released or stream yet. The only one that appears to be on the horizon is Trigun: Badlands Rumble.

It in nice to see someone else yearning for a license for StrikerS. I rarely purchase DVDs (anime or otherwise), but for this one, I would make an exception, even if it was sub only. An announcement of licensing for online streaming would also make me quite the happy camper (especially if it were by CR or TAN).
einhorn303

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:10 am Reply with quote
TitanXL wrote:
Season 2 of Seikon no Qwaser just ended and season 3 airs next year.. perfect time to announce a license, Funi!

I'd love that myself, but I think it's more likely that Section 23 or Media Blasters will license Qwaser (and they'd likely dub it).
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:00 am Reply with quote
I'm still pissed that I can't seem to find an uncensored version of SnQ II that's available through easy streaming. I know we can't exchange links at ANN but if somebody is aware of it being available this way, could you be kind enough to let me know such a thing exists, so I know my re-search wouldn't be in vain?

It distresses me, but given the nature of SnQ I find it almost impossible to imagine a R1 release. Sure hope I'm wrong.
Gewürtztraminer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:07 am Reply with quote
einhorn303 wrote:
Sakurachan1 wrote:

There I said it... Funimation is NOT a fan friendly organization...I was dancing a happy dance when Viz made sure they didn't get their grubby hands on Bleach and Naruto - dear god what a disaster that would have been.,,

The implication that [Viz is more fan friendly than Funimation] is absolutely absurd.

Got to agree, while I am no Funimation Fanboy, Viz has screwed me over multiple times.
toyNN

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:29 pm Reply with quote
[quote="TheAncientOne"]
Dark Absol wrote:

Darker Than Black II
Nanoha Striker
Negima OVAs

It in nice to see someone else yearning for a license for StrikerS. I rarely purchase DVDs (anime or otherwise), but for this one, I would make an exception, even if it was sub only. An announcement of licensing for online streaming would also make me quite the happy camper (especially if it were by CR or TAN).

Unless the price is too high I don't get either why Nanoha StrikerS and the movie haven't yet been licensed.

Or how about Bakemonogatari?
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:24 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
It distresses me, but given the nature of SnQ I find it almost impossible to imagine a R1 release. Sure hope I'm wrong.

If Queen's Blade can be licensed, so can Qwaser. Hell, the manga's already available.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:40 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Blood- wrote:

If Queen's Blade can be licensed, so can Qwaser. Hell, the manga's already available.

Interesting. I didn't realize the manga was available in North America, but I guess Tokyopop was putting it out. Well, yeah, I think that does mean there is a greater possibility of the anime getting licensed, too. SnQ is way more dirty than Queen's Blade. QB has a bit of nudity, but SnQ is wall to wall having a 13-year-old boy slurping on tittays. Not to mention having a loli character getting spoiler[munched] by a schoolgirl. Like I said before, the Tea Party would go nuts if they ever found out about it.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:47 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
SnQ is way more dirty than Queen's Blade. QB has a bit of nudity, but SnQ is wall to wall having a 13-year-old boy slurping on tittays. Not to mention having a loli character getting spoiler[munched] by a schoolgirl.

That's a long way of saying "the best anime in years".
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:01 pm Reply with quote
Laughing I did dig the first season a lot. Dirty stuff aside, I actually did like the characters and plotting. There was some pretty decent humour, too, especially around the time Alek spoiler[thought he was a chick].
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10