• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Mike Toole Show - Cover Story

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Agent355

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:06 pm Reply with quote
Did anyone else initially write off Shirobako because they thought it was going to be 'cute girls doing cute things'? From the art and promo info, I thought it'd just be about a bunch of girls in a high school club. I checked it out because of all the positive buzz it was getting on Twitter, and it's actually about *professional women and men producing TV anime.* It is one of the most entertaining shows of the past couple of seasons, and it's educational without being boring. Great show, wish it were even longer spoiler[Zuka hasn't gotten a good role yet!]

I love Samurai Flamenco! I love it's first arc, and I love it's last arc, and I love it's 5 main characters. I just pretend most of the middle arcs don't exist! (Besides for the idol group stuff--some of it was surprisingly poignant).

Still waiting for Toradora to hook me. I've only seen the first 6 episodes (I watch it between seasons, and this season is packed). I really liked Golden Time, so I'm hoping it gets better as it goes on.
Zalis116

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:38 am Reply with quote
Forgot to respond to the Scrapped Princess matter last time around...

classicalzawa wrote:
Scrapped Princess-probably just personal for me, but I remember watching the first episode and I really disliked it. Hated it in fact. So much I just turned it off right after the first ep. Turns out, the first ep might've been showing the worst attributes of our main characters. On my second time through, I watched the whole first disc and did indeed want more. It went on to become a favorite eventually, but damn if that first ep didn't completely turn me off.
It does help that they dropped the not-blood-related incest stuff after the first episode. It wouldn't faze me now, but it could've been a problem back in 2004 when I was relatively new to anime. Of course, had the show/novels come out 10 years later, Pacifica X Shannon might've been a OTP, and the series might've been called something like "Onii-chan ga watashi wo ansatsu suru mono ni mamoru yo ne?!" [Onii-chan will Protect Me from the Ones who Want to Assassinate Me, Right?!] instead.

kevinx59 wrote:
I was surprised Cat Planet wasn't mentioned. Its one of those that looks like its gonna be a fan-service fest, but then I saw all the reviewers giving it high grades.
Of course, it was very much a fanservice fest as well as a reasonably good action/sci-fi series. Cool
Desslok

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:49 am Reply with quote
Because the show went on sale over at TRSI, I decided to check out the first episode of Girls und Panzer. Hey, it does look like a series that might be pretty cool.

Looks like they also did a set of OVAs too. The 98 dollar question is, Are they pretty good too? Should I pull the trigger on both at the same time, or is this a case of the OVA not standing up to the series?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4