• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
My Love Story (TV).

Goto page Previous  

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Agent355

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:33 pm Reply with quote
Ep 22That was really balanced. No forced coupling or romance, just some character growth for Yukika. Hard won character growth, at that. She really put in effort and went against her natural instinct to hide. The ending was bittersweet, but very true to Suna's character.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:57 pm Reply with quote
Episode 22

I felt that it was kind of unfair to have the whole expectations of even the main couple trying to push the feelings. Suna did not automatically fall head over hills for Yukika, and trying to develop some "relationship" (in terms of a connection between any two people) was just kind of muddled Yukika having such a different perception.

Suna indeed did not fall head over for her, but from my point it looked he did enjoy some time around with her. Him saying that he liked the bird because he found it pretty, but in general other people not that interested in it, almost felt like it was saying that Yukika may well fit with his tastes.

In short, I like her character, and however unlikely from the fact this was a lesson on not every relationship being right, I am still rooting for it.
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:37 pm Reply with quote
Episode 23:

Cute episode and a delicious one to imo with the sweets.
I'm honestly not sure how I feel about that Ichinose guy. Obviously, he likes Yamato (aka Rinko as he calls her). And in that way, it establishes him as a love rival against Takeo despite the fact that they are already a couple.

What Suna said at the end of the episode is also true for Takeo imo as his kindness is both a strength and weakness.

Still, that cliffhangerish ending felt kinda odd. I wonder if it's potentially setting up for another season?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:26 am Reply with quote
He was not so bad until told Takeo to break up with her. Kind of funny as a hammy sort of guy. But there is a lesson he should take from that bit about his previous cake not selling but a latter one doing fairly well, he should not let not being right for someone stop him from being more friendly.
justsomeaccount

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:39 am Reply with quote
fudge that new guy. I was fine with him before he spoke with Takeo, but when he did? He's not a poor antisocial guy, he's a childish asshole. And that's harmful for the episode because such a dramatic episode and dilemma like this depends a lot of the "romantic rival" and this being so sloppy, rushed and unlikable makes this conflict contrived and we all know without a doubt what the outcome is going to be. At least the first half was good as always and in paper I like Takeo's dilemmas, but that new character is a pain in the ass.
HeeroTX

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:23 am Reply with quote
Yeah, I think we're pretty clearly supposed to hate Ichinose... so good job show... I guess. As ridiculous as it may sound, I was actually disappointed in Suna in this episode. Takeo is a nice guy, that's clearly been established. I think he had every right to tell the guy to back off or face a pounding. But even if we're not going to see that because that's not who he is, I think Suna should have taken a moment to speak on behalf of his friend. I would actually really like to see Suna (who is more socially intelligent that, frankly EITHER Takeo or Ichinose) either tell Ichinose to "back off" or at LEAST ask him if he's actually spoken to Yamato about her boyfriend. Ichinose is obviously making a whole LOT of assumptions, but we also know that Takeo is not only "generous to a fault" but is (romantically at least) also somewhat insecure. I wish (or hope for the next episode) that they "re-oriented" the show if they're going to tell this kind of story, because with everything we've had so far this is obviously a story where Takeo is "weak" so (HOPEFULLY) we're soon going to see Yamato's "strength". But I really wish we had it more from her point of view than they are doing so far.

I REALLY hope Suna at least also recognizes the parallels to right after Takeo and Yamato first met when Takeo thought Yamato was attracted to (and wanted to be with) Suna. But really, more than anything, I just want to see someone beat the heck out of Ichinose. I don't think I'll GET that, but I want to see it very badly now.
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:31 pm Reply with quote
Episode 24 (Finale):

Despite the somewhat depressing mood of the final episode, it was also quite cherry especially to see most of the characters in it. Takeo and Yamato still maintains a nice chemistry and the episode had some delicious sweets to go along with it.

That ending with the duo holding hands is heartwarming too.

Good show overall, some bits of it felt repetitive but overall was cute. Rating this as very good.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:20 pm Reply with quote
I was one of those people doubtful the show had enough steam for 24 episodes but before I knew it the final ep arrived. It was a cute and heartwarming ride.

Now I wonder how long it will take for Takeo to realise his feelings for Rinko are a shallow infatuation and that Suna is his one true love~?
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:28 pm Reply with quote
"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye." I guess Takeo has read The Little Prince. Smile

That was a lovely wrap up. Was the guy on the train the same guy Takeo saved Yamato from in the first episode? He looked really familiar, but I couldn't place him for sure.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:00 am Reply with quote
Episode 24 (finale)

We all knew that there was no way Yamada Rinko would accept the feelings of anyone else, her and Takeo are where it is at. But we got the story showing us that Takeo is so great even though he can get jealous, he even looks out for his supposed rivals. The series loves giving development to everyone.

And so ends Ore Monogatori, My Love Story. One of the better romances of the year, and maybe a standout as a shoujo. That is a shoujo that has the main characters actually get together quite early on. A shoujo that focuses on the male character. A shoujo whose male character really does not fit the typical idea of such a character, being far from the pretty boy type. I really think everything in this show worked, it could at times be a bit overdramatic with some things, or really dramatic things happening, but it was all good. Special mention of the charm, which although it filled this episode more than usual with those little subtitles of characters thoughts, it was fun. A little touch like the baby playing around in the last episode. A moment like this.

A rating, it is going to be fairly high, although I think it loses a bit of points because in general the animation did not look anything special. I think what feels right is Very good, but with the provision of saying that it does a bunch of interesting stuff against the grain of the genre, and lovers of romance anime have to check it out.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:22 am Reply with quote
Takeo questioning his relationship with Yamato..
That pastry chef really was a nuisance.
Yamato was oblivious about that guys intentions.
In that way both Yamato & Takeo are pretty dense.
Gold medal & confession all in one.. the outcome was as expected.
Sweet ending ^^
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 11 of 11