• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Tantei Team KZ Jiken Note (TV).

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hikari14

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:53 am Reply with quote

Tantei Team KZ Jiken Note (TV)

Genres: Mystery
Themes:

Plot summary: Aya Tachibana is a sixth-grader who frets and obsesses over friends, family, grades, and more. One day, she joins the "Tantei Team KZ" with four very idiosyncratic boys she met at cram school. There is the glib and attention-grabbing leader Kazuomi Wakatake, the mysterious "expert of personal relationships" Takakazu Kuroki, the smart and stoic math genius Kazunori Uesugi, and the sweet-hearted Kazuhiko Kozuka who is good at social matters and science. Aya finds her place among them as the "language expert." "Tantei Team KZ" gets involved in modern-day cases, and even if they bicker from time to time, they collaborate by pooling each of their talents and skills to solve these cases.
----------------------------------

This show is the one I am looking forward to the most. Will add more when I see the first episode. It airs to October 7th

[EDIT: Fixed the formatting a little. -TK]
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:55 pm Reply with quote
Hikari14 wrote:
This show is the one I am looking forward to the most. Will add more when I see the first episode. It airs to October 7th

Hey you lied

This is being a surprisingly good short, for me. It bothers me that all these grade schooler boys sound like adult bishounen, but I'd take this over women voicing them. Then again, these VAs could at least try to sound more like children.

Main character's family situation seems kind of awful, but the mother does seem to at least worry about her safety, so maybe she was treating her family just like she was acquaintances at school before, just brushing them off and wondering why nobody was her friend? She's changed her attitude now and I hope it gets better.

The mysteries (well the one we've had so far) was pretty simple but these 'abilities' the characters have are so exaggerated they're funny. The comedy in general is pretty funny and cozy at most times. Show's also really cute most of the time, especially the chibi mental commentary. I don't know if I'd be too happy with this turning into some sort of grade schooler reverse harem, but it doesn't really seem like it's going that direction, even though the set-up is there.
Hikari14

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:17 pm Reply with quote
I didn't lie. It was simply that no one replied to this even after it aired, so I found it a lost cause.

The way the characters are portrayed is refreshing to say the least. Aya is my favorite character in this season. The way they operate is really strange in a good way as well.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:23 pm Reply with quote
Goddamnit, Sunahara! You just had to go and make Aya cry. Get your shit together, man!

Sunahara/Aya OTP.
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:45 pm Reply with quote
And they were having some real good moments, too, like on the phone. Sunahara's a bit of an edgelord, isn't he? Can't imagine him having much of a reason for joining a gang, but he's sure playing up his 'bad boy with a big heart' persona.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:46 pm Reply with quote
Well his family did fall to ruin. It's not uncommon for kids going through a tough time like that to fall in with the wrong crowd.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:26 pm Reply with quote
Episode 16

Well, now we know why he joined. What I don't know is why he's changing schools again. Is there a reason he can't keep living with the relatives he helped? Actually, since he had those relatives all along, I wonder why he didn't stay with them to complete the school year the first time.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:36 pm Reply with quote
After a big scandal like that it's best he get out of town so he isn't hit with any potential backlash. Still, I wish he'd stick around.

Then again, if he did stick around the other guys wouldn't stand a chance.
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:56 am Reply with quote
I don't think they stand a chance even without him around. Which I'm kinda glad about, really, initially this seemed like a reverse harem where everyone would fall for the bland MC but that didn't happen. That said, this last episode was cheesy as all hell.
xyz

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:29 pm Reply with quote
I'm not really crazy about this but I will follow for Aya/Sunahara ship. I hope it takes shape.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1