• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Plastic Memories (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TRNielson

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:08 pm Reply with quote
Episode 10

For me, I felt the same way about this episode as I did the last one: the majority of it isn't all that great, but it has that one scene that completely makes up for the rest of a lack luster episode.

This episode, it was Isla's tearful confession at the end. Watching it, I was thinking to myself "Tsukasa, hurry up and hug her before I find a way to". It was a very emotional moment as Isla comes to the realization that distancing herself from Tsukasa will hurt more than staying with him. Kazuki always had greater potential for this series, and this episode certainly cemented her spot as she helped Isla come to her senses.

Of a smaller note, there was the scene with Isla and the Mob Boss and his bodyguard. I thought this was a rather touching scene, even though Mob Boss didn't really seem to think of the girl as a daughter.

On a bigger note, this episode had what I've been wanting for weeks: more Sherry. Granted, nothing too major. Just a few dialogue scenes but still satisfying. If they wanna make a sequel focused around her, I'm all for it.

These next few episodes are gonna be absolute tear benders. Better have some tissues (or perhaps a bath towel) nearby.
kgw

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:46 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Am I the only one shipping Kazuki x Yasutaka?

I didn't see this comment before. In any case, you're not. Very Happyspoiler[And from what they said in episode 10 "Apparently Kazuki had a romantic relationship within the job"+Sherry knowing it+Kazuki and Sherry feeling jealous/furious towards Yasutaka = shipping quite probable. At least it would be nice to have some romance between grown-ups, for a while. ]

But, in the other hand, spoiler[what if Kazuki past affair was with SAI main boss? CEO? duh... That would explain why 1st Terminal Service section got such an special treatment (costly method of job, special equipment, R Security deployment...) And most probably, Yasutaka would know the whole story. I mean, I doubt Chief Yamanobe's style of "I am terribly sorry" is achieving that.]
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:12 pm Reply with quote
Episode 11:

That was really cute. It highlighted how Isla and Tsukasa are spending their time together now that they are a couple. Lol, some of their moments and "misunderstandings" were amusing to see.

However at the end of the day, I think both are quite happy especially according to what Isla wrote in her diary. Too bad it won't continue forever but this week's episode really bought out their first days as a couple.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:52 pm Reply with quote
Every bit as tediously eyerollingly annoying as an actual new couple.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:31 pm Reply with quote
Yttrbio wrote:
Every bit as tediously eyerollingly annoying as an actual new couple.

For whatever reason I was less annoyed than I would have expected given all the stammering, fumbling, blushing, and tripping that they served up. Too typical for a romance anime. I suppose what made this better is the supporting cast is pretty good at prodding the lovers along.

Speaking of which: will they or won't they?

Highlight: Always fun to see Zack troll Michiru.

No love like Death Row love I guess.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:34 am Reply with quote
So much sweet awkwardness..
They were also subjected to a whole lot of teasing.
Isla learning how to be a good girlfriend.
Seems like everything starts with cooking!
Lots of lovey-dovey moments this time ^^
Sweet episode.
animelytical

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:41 pm Reply with quote
[quote="Blood-"]In these cases, I'm of two minds. There's the softie me who wants these two crazy kids (Tsukasa and Isla) to somehow make it. So that side of me sort of wants the, "Isla is gone, but here she is again, long live Isla!" However, the side of me who appreciates story-telling that sticks to its guns rather than take the easy way out and throw a sop to the audience sort of wants the show not to flinch. Isla will be gone. She's not coming back. Tsukasa, deal with this. There was another show a few years back that had kind of a similar situation in that you liked the couple and wanted them to be able to remain together, but there was something that should have made it impossible. The show basically wimped out at the end and said, "yeah, we know we've indicated this is impossible, but we're doing it anyway!" I was kind of happy and kind of let down./quote]

I don't see how following through with the sad outcome which is the outcome which is strongly suggested throughout is a more difficult thing to do than doing what is made to seem impossible. That seems like a much greater risk. The show would then have to offer something on an emotional level beyond the desire to see sadness that many viewers have.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:48 pm Reply with quote

spoiler[Their coworkers really made an effort to help out.
Making new memories with Isla.
They are looking like a couple more and more <3
On a sadder note.. termination agreement for Isla came in...
The wrap up party was a nice touch.]
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:51 pm Reply with quote
Episode 12:

Another cute episode. A date to the movies (I think that's Isla's first time there) and not to mention more chemistry buildup between the two. I wonder if that last thing Isla said is a bit of foreshadowing though. I mean, it's possible perhaps that Isla may be able to stay if human emotions is able to overcome their system?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
TRNielson

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:44 pm Reply with quote
Episode 12:

Needless to say, I'd been disappointed with the last few episodes. However, this one was a definite improvement and a much needed one, as we're only one week away from the finale (I believe).

After spending last episode getting all the embarrassing "OMG, we're a couple now!" moments out of the way, we see their relationship mature into a very emotional and powerful one. When Isla first jumped into bed with Tsukasa at the beginning of the episode, I was afraid he was gonna pull the, now cliche, "OMG, there's a girl in my bed and I don't know what to do!". Instead, was given a much needed sense of relief as he did what any "normal" person would do and just give her the comfort she needed.

The matured relationship between the two was very well done. It's going to make it that much more painful come the finale.

Also, I'm totally thinking I need to start adding "Error" to my vocabulary. Considering many of my co-workers already think I'm some kind of robot, I think it would start working perfectly.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 6:49 pm Reply with quote
I like Michiru, so I kinda hope Isla goes kaput so she can swoop in and claim Tsukasa for herself.

Actually, with the way Isla was looking at them, I wouldn't be surprised if she asks Michiru to take care of him for her before she gets retrieved.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 3:15 am Reply with quote
Episode 12

It seems pretty clear that he wants nothing more to just spend time with Isla, but he knows and respects that to Isla working is very important to her in feelings important. The episode was it all starting to come to an end, Isla retrieval note has come in and she got what could be called a retirement party. Isla was happy in it all, she is still afraid of being left alone, but she is not.

Goodbyes are pretty much about to start, now for the last week. I have saved any tears for then.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:11 pm Reply with quote
Episode 13 (finale):

Sad but not a surprising ending imo. It looks like Isla did have to go after all. Of course, the finale would focus on the duo since their relationship has been the core of the story, especially in the past few episodes.

Cute date and stuff. I wish they showed more of that on-screen kiss though.

Overall, decent show. Some comedy moments are ill-timed imo but a fun ride. The technology fiction is especially impressive with its visual quality.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:22 pm Reply with quote
#13 Final

spoiler[Cleaning the apartment together ^^
They make a nice team.
Bath time was pretty sweet too.
They did so much... no regrets!
It's like they tried to fully enjoy their last moments together.
The real emotions came pouring out on the Ferris Wheel.
Sad ending, as expected.. but not without hope.]
TRNielson

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:50 pm Reply with quote
Episode 13:

Going into the finale, I knew it was gonna be painful. Did I expect to cry as much as I did? Absolutely not. Was literally a wreck sitting here during the last few minutes of the show.

While it had some rough moments, Tsukasa and Isla were an amazing couple. Once they got past their nervousness, these two were meant for eachother. To see it end so soon was an absolute stab in the heart.

The buildup and setting were well done as the two of them tried to embrace their last day together. I can't remember where I finally broke down and started balling. It was either when Isla brushed Tsukasa's tears away or when he whispered Isla's final words into her ear. Either way, it was a beautiful send off for one of my favorite characters in recent memory.

Overall, as a series, had I known it was meant to be a rom-com, I might not have bothered. However, thanks to a tricky and emotional first episode, I stuck around with it. While the plot was kind of all over the place, and some episodes suffered from terrible humor, I felt that it did more right than it did wrong.

Therefore, my final grade will be Very Good. As long as they are warned before hand on what they're getting into, I would definitely recommend this one to a friend.

I'll miss you, Isla.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 11 of 12