• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
RE: BK/Hamtaro deal

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GATSU

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2003 7:26 pm Reply with quote
It's appropriate that they're working together, considering BK's burgers taste like rodent meat.
BERSERK EVA

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2003 7:29 pm Reply with quote
What's this so called "deal"?

Quote:
It's appropriate that they're working together, considering BK's burgers taste like rodent meat.

Thats pretty fun...i like their food though, I just prefer other places over them.
ANN_Bamboo
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2003 7:58 pm Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:

Wink You've tasted rodent meat before then, huh? Dude, you're ghetto.
GATSU

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2003 8:04 pm Reply with quote
Nah, but I wish I had after eating one of their burgers. Everyone trashes McDonald's but I don't think BK even refrigerates their food.
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2003 8:59 pm Reply with quote
BK also tends to get reject second-tier toy promotions (although not as low as, say, Subway or Jack in the Box). BK having Hamtaro as a toy is a sure sign that it's pretty much a completely dead property.
GATSU

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2003 9:30 pm Reply with quote
It's not that they reject second-tier toy franchises. It's that McDonald's has some sort of exclusive deal with Disney. But yeah, Viz reps at AX admitted that Hamtaro hasn't been doing as great as they expected.
cyrax777

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2003 9:51 pm Reply with quote
Zac wrote:
BK also tends to get reject second-tier toy promotions (although not as low as, say, Subway or Jack in the Box). BK having Hamtaro as a toy is a sure sign that it's pretty much a completely dead property.
Well they did get DBZ toys and Pokemon (during its hight point)
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Emerje

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2003 10:05 pm Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
It's not that they reject second-tier toy franchises. It's that McDonald's has some sort of exclusive deal with Disney.

Yeah, and while it's not an exclusive deal, McDonalds deffinatly gets the better stuff from Mattel and Hasbro. BK gets a lot of odd ball stuff like videogame toys, pokemon cards, Simpsons stuff, Dragonball Z, and now Beyblades? McDonalds gets Transformers, they rock.

Heh, remember one of KFC's earliest (maybe even first) toy promos? Pokemon! It was the first year it made it's way over here and KFC got the toy deal! I'll never forget the commercials with the Colonel saying "Them thar Po-key-mon". Laughing

Oh well, could be worse, could be Wendy's. They get very bottom of the barrel toys because they don't pursue real licenses. What's their big thing, motorcross? For a little while they were making some decent toys like the great Mario Bros. promotion they had, and then back to the crap again. There's a reason for that. A fellow toy collecter guy I know was working for the company that does all of Wendy's kid's meals pormotions and got them to go ofter some actuall licenses kids would want, even got them to put the Mario figure on a backer card. Unfortunatly he left soon after, I think he lives in Texas now... God I know some strange people...

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Tenchi

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 12:48 am Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:

What was that line in Demolition Man when the Sly Stallone character finds the hidden "free" society and takes a nice big bite out of a juicy "hamburger" and then the guy says something like: "You see any cows around here?"

Oh wait... better reference... and a Canadian one... see if anyone gets it (think Nickelodeon or CTV Saturday mornings in the 1980s):

Random kid 1: Didn't Barth say they were having some sort of Hamtaro promotion? I don't see any Hamtaro toys anywhere.

Random kid 2: Oh, but Hamtaro is here... what do you think's *in* the burgers?

Barth: Duh.... I heard that!!!

--------

Yeah, Wendy's does get the crap promotions most of the time, but, you know, outside of KFC (a.k.a. PFK), where the only location in downtown Montreal is in the shopping concourse of Place Ville Marie and closes according to mall opening hours (6 p.m. Mon-Wed, 9 p.m. Thu-Fri, 5 p.m. Sat-Sun), Wendy's is the only fast-food place downtown that has a spicy chicken burger on the normal menu, so, as far as I'm concerned, it's the best.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ataru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 8:43 am Reply with quote
Tenchi wrote:
GATSU wrote:

What was that line in Demolition Man when the Sly Stallone character finds the hidden "free" society and takes a nice big bite out of a juicy "hamburger" and then the guy says something like: "You see any cows around here?"

*L* Talk about foreshadowing. Arnold Schwarzenegger was governor of CA and then president. Just nutty. Razz

Any hoot, it might be just me, but isn't BK the only fast . . . bad burgar shop that done the most with anime . . . souvenir (I would have say pay off, but that would be too mean.) Dragonball Z, Bay Blade, and now Hamtaro.

Edit: Cleaned up the spelling. It's not like I never nit picking about spelling.

Last edited by Ataru on Thu Aug 21, 2003 10:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Vigilante024

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 8:56 am Reply with quote
Ataru wrote:
Tenchi wrote:
GATSU wrote:

*L* Talk about forshading. Arnold Schwarzenegger was governer of CA and then presendent. Just nutty. Razz

HAHAHAHA!!!!

last toy I got from BK was when they had their Pokemon death toys...I kept the balls because I hate their fries Very Happy ...
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 10:14 am Reply with quote
"Arnold Schwarzenegger was governer of CA and then presendent."

I'm shocked that you managed to spell Arnold Schwarzenegger correctly but misspelled "governor" and "president".
Delthayre

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 10:29 am Reply with quote
I'm caught on trying to decide if "forshading" is an acceptable variant of "foreshadowing" or not.

I'm leaning towards not.
Ferquin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 12:11 pm Reply with quote
I don't know why, but I can always spell "Schwarzenegger" correctly. Smile

Anyway, I can't wait 'til October. My sister and I love the little rodent bastards. Boss is mah boy! Mah boy!! So's Oxnard and Stan. Razz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Zenitram

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 1:31 pm Reply with quote
*wants a Howdy and Bijou toy*

Does anyone remember when Dairy Queen had the Digimon deal. I still have my DQ Patamon plushie and card. ^^
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2