• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: North American Anime, Manga Releases, March 22-28

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
luffypirate

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:47 pm Reply with quote
$500??? Amazon.co.jp charged my bank account yesterday for $342 USD and that is the step up from the regular edition. My friend is buying the bonus items from me so when everything is settled I will have spent about $250. Great price exchange rate is fantastic for us right now considering I spent $370 and $330 on the Fate/Zero BD boxes.

The only import I use RightStuf for is that Gundam the ORIGIN BD package because you can't get it without a proxy otherwise. Stick to Amazon.co.jp for the Aniplex JP products. I can explain how to navagate the page if anyone needs help.
SteveUzumaki

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:10 pm Reply with quote
Good lord, $500 for Fate/stay night UBW? No thanks Aniplex. As luffypirate85 said before me, use Amazon Japan if you're going to get this. After some research, I saw that they have the set for 31,168 yen. With the exchange rate as of this post (119 yen = $1), this averages about $260, almost half of what Aniplex is asking. That's a good chunk of savings there if you ask me.
Mizerous

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:07 pm Reply with quote
500 for an import lol just wait for the dub and price drop >_>
Kaioshin_Sama

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:00 pm Reply with quote
It wouldn't surprise me if they are charging that much for the "American" edition in order to drive up domestic purchases on Amazon.jp since Aniplex is all about loving to have the best sales and has ultimately succeeded in turning anime into being all about such shallow commercial consumer culture pretty much exclusively over the last several years.

I've said it once and I'll say it again, if anyone is going to be the death of anime in America in the long run it will be this garbage company and their mostly trashy shows along with the monopoly they are being allowed to run on the most popular licenses for whatever reason. Like as much as they're representatives beak off and jerk it to themselves at American conventions every year they've demonstrated time and again that they do not give a single remote fudge about the English speaking fanbase since they pretty much have a monopoly on otaku stuff going in Japan when it comes to the Blu-Ray market whereas in America there are legitimate competitors like RightStuf and Funimation that can undercut them and have long established and trusted relationships with the fanbase. With Japan the writing is already on the wall with how much they've embraced them and allowed them to run the show this decade and thus pretty much a case of too little too late.
Ali07

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:30 am Reply with quote
Ignoring the $500 elephant in the room...

Happy with some of the manga releases this week (though I won't see them for another month or so). New Demon from Afar and Nagato Yuki-chan for me to read!

Ah, and the end of Sankarea. Have managed to stay spoiler free, not too long until I get to see how it all ends... Crying or Very sad
TonyTonyChopper

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:06 am Reply with quote
I really don't care about any of this Rolling Eyes Sad why don't they release more stuff that i want ...
johnmp

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:04 pm Reply with quote
How should I watch this series
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2