• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime Quote Game, Round 13.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Contests and Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:00 pm Reply with quote
so, I should wait?
Errinundra

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:25 pm Reply with quote
If someone else doesn't get in first. Razz

From the official sub:

Character A: That meal…

Character B: It was delicious.

Character A: It was the mice.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Errinundra

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:30 am Reply with quote
Indicium Primum: spoiler[Character A strikes a blow for the underclass against their oppressors. Or something like that.]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Errinundra

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:49 pm Reply with quote
Indicium Secundum: spoiler[Elaborating on the first clue - Character A's parents are servants to Character B's parents, who are members of the nobility. Character A has a chip on her shoulder about it.]
Errinundra

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:08 am Reply with quote
Indicium Tertium: spoiler[Both characters start the anime with braided hair; A's hair is blue whale B's is brown].
Key

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:20 am Reply with quote
Ah! The thing about spoiler[the hair braids changing] finally reminded me of this scene. spoiler[Mamina (A) and Rotreamon (B) in a scene about midway through Simoun where they are on the less suave replacement ship (forget its name) and Mamina helps makes dinner out of some mice she has caught - and of course doesn't tell anyone that she is using mice.]

Man, I am overdue for rewatching this great series again.
Night fox

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:50 am Reply with quote
@Errinundra

Walking around with a blue whale on your head (third hint) can't be good for your neck. Laughing Wink
I only saw three episodes of spoiler[Simoun], and that was around three years ago. Maybe I should give it another chance?

Last edited by Night fox on Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Key

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:46 am Reply with quote
Absolutely! I would say that the series is only pretty good in the early stages but gradually elevates itself to an outstanding level, with episode 6 being a key transition point; qualitatively speaking, I'd favorably compare the last few episodes to virtually any other anime series you could name. And even from the beginning it explores all sorts of fascinating concepts about religion, gender identity, and what it means to become an adult (amongst others).

It's a shame that series didn't come along in the days when streaming simulcasts and episode-by-episode streaming reviews were a reality, as there's so much about the series which could be analyzed. There were good reasons why it made my Top 10 of the 2000s list.
Errinundra

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:22 pm Reply with quote
@ Night fox,

That typo is so good I'm leaving it as it is. Now I know why the characters blubber from time to time.

Key wrote:
Ah! The thing about spoiler[the hair braids changing] finally reminded me of this scene. spoiler[Mamina (A) and Rotreamon (B) in a scene about midway through Simoun where they are on the less suave replacement ship (forget its name) and Mamina helps makes dinner out of some mice she has caught - and of course doesn't tell anyone that she is using mice.]

Man, I am overdue for rewatching this great series again.

You are spot on. Your turn, Key.

And, yeah, it's a fantastic series.
Galap

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:17 pm Reply with quote
I recognized it but couldn't place it.

Should have.

I know I've spoken ill of Simoun in the past, but let it be said that I definitely don't dislike it. I thought it was pretty good overall.
Key

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:25 pm Reply with quote
New dub quote:

Character A: "It'll be all right! Don't worry, you will go home! Everything will be okay."
Character B: "It will? But how?"
Character A: "Well, I can't exactly explain it right now. But it will work out! I know it will."
Character B: "That doesn't make sense."
Character A: "I know. I don't understand it, either. But I know it will work out. It's true. Since we came to this strange world, it's been hell, but we've managed to survive all of that. As long as we're alive, good things will come, and we'll be okay."
Galap

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:05 pm Reply with quote
Snap! Instant recognition!

spoiler[Shu to Sara, Now and Then, Here and There. Shu is trying to motivate Sara by explaining his philosophy that it's never a good idea to bet against yourself.]
Key

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:24 pm Reply with quote
Yep. Decided to go with possibly the most obvious quote from the series.
Galap

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:33 pm Reply with quote
new quote, Dub:

"On October 1st, at the house of <><><>, I incurred a neck injury. I tried to look backwards, when I was already looking that way. It hurt. TODAY'S LESSON: the human head cannot turn 360 degrees."
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:37 pm Reply with quote
spoiler[Kintaro saw Naoko and this is what happened to him. he's writing this down in his journal. Life is Study. Golden Boy]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Contests and Games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 82 of 100