• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai Filmworks Adds Hayate the Combat Butler Anime

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AbZeroNow

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:34 pm Reply with quote
Very happy that they picked it up. Since it's 4 cours, the likelihood of them dubbing it themselves is almost nil. I know that it's tricky to get that Animax dub but I will hope for it.
Supermutant

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:45 pm Reply with quote
I'm glad it got rescued finally. Smile By the way not mention in article but season two is on crunchyroll with 1 and 3.
doctordoom85

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:05 pm Reply with quote
Very sweet, I only got around to picking up the first two volumes from Bandai Ent., and though all but one of the remaining volumes are very cheap on Amazon I'll likely just go this route instead especially if they give it a BR release.
MischievousMelody

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:18 pm Reply with quote
About time it got rescued! I doubt it's going to get dubbed this time around, though Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:24 pm Reply with quote
doctordoom85 wrote:
I'll likely just go this route instead especially if they give it a BR release.

They should. But I am not sure how much better this show will look on BD, considering it aired around the time when digipaint shows started to look good.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:41 pm Reply with quote
Wunderbar! I've wanted to own a physical copy of this show since streaming it a number of years ago. Sadly, I didn't buy Bandai's sets and then they went OOP. So glad to get a second chance.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:47 pm Reply with quote
With Season 1 of Hayate the Combat Butler having 52 episodes right off the mark, I doubt I'll see an English version from Sentai anytime soon, so it looks like I'll have to settle for the one done by Animax (if they can get ahold of it).
FireballDragon

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:11 pm Reply with quote
Huh. Haven't heard from this anime in forever. I should start watching it again.
WindAlchemistJen

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:15 pm Reply with quote
Good news, now I can finally get the rest of the episodes since volume 8 of the Bandai release got hard to find and very expensive before I could get it. Very Happy
R315r4z0r

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:51 pm Reply with quote
Would be interesting to see this dubbed.

But to be honest, that's really the only thing that would draw me to picking it up.

After season 2, the anime just becomes completely incomprehensible as far as the overall plot goes. The 3rd season's story was good, but it didn't fit in with what had been happening already.

I ended up picking the manga up after season 2 and now I can't see my self going back to watching the anime.
partially

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:55 pm Reply with quote
Anyone know if this was produced in SD or HD? It is right on the switching point really, and I am thinking it is probably SD, which would be sad.
everydaygamer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:27 pm Reply with quote
R315r4z0r wrote:

But to be honest, that's really the only thing that would draw me to picking it up.

After season 2, the anime just becomes completely incomprehensible as far as the overall plot goes. The 3rd season's story was good, but it didn't fit in with what had been happening already.

I ended up picking the manga up after season 2 and now I can't see my self going back to watching the anime.

Yeah I always found it weird that it keeps getting new anime but after the 2nd season none of them seem interested in actually doing a proper adaptation.
theNightster

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:21 pm Reply with quote
Mr. Oshawott wrote:
With Season 1 of Hayate the Combat Butler having 52 episodes right off the mark, I doubt I'll see an English version from Sentai anytime soon, so it looks like I'll have to settle for the one done by Animax (if they can get ahold of it).

not too mention Bandai didn't give it the dub treatment them selves, and sentai is known for having a 50/50 chance of a show getting a dub.
ThatGuyWhoLikesThings

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:48 pm Reply with quote
While I'd love to see an actually good and not cheaply made dub of Hayate, I know that Sentai wouldn't be able to deliver on that front. Laughing

Still, glad to see this get licensed.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:14 pm Reply with quote
everydaygamer wrote:
R315r4z0r wrote:

Yeah I always found it weird that it keeps getting new anime but after the 2nd season none of them seem interested in actually doing a proper adaptation.

The manga always seemed to me to be good characters looking for a better series for their antics; It's not bad for a weekly comic even if it wore out its welcome after 200 chapters but as an anime with over six cours... and a movie... it's beyond overkill.

It's too easy to think of better Bandai series worth rescuing? It's nice to think that the series is getting a four volume release than an eight volume release or if it won't have a dub, a single or double release? Another example of Sentai licensing the new franchise series first then the old ones?

Too much like Sgt. Frog or Gintama, I get tired from just hearing about Hayate. Too much show for too much comedy. Sure, it's better than too little comedy but just move on already.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2