• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Snow White with the Red Hair (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:37 am Reply with quote
Season 2, episode 5:

Quite an intense episode, might be the most intense I've seen out of this series yet up to this point.

The irony is that the kidnappers got kidnapped as well.
Claw of the Sea sounds like an interesting name imo for a group. It's interesting to note that Kazuki isn't actually as bad as some people think he is. Also, I've never seen Obi this angry before.

I'm also starting to like Raj this season now as well. Can't wait for the next episode as I want to see Zen's role in this.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:49 pm Reply with quote
This is getting ridiculous. This is what, the fourth time she's been kidnapped now? And the kidnapping within a kidnapping is like flashbacks within flashbacks or World Trigger dropping a filler episode into their filler arc.

Due to some comments made earlier by manga readers, I think I know where all this is headed, but I wish they'd found another way to accomplish it besides kidnapping. Maybe this will convince her it's a good idea to put her herbal skills to work and dye her hair, since it seems to be the holy grail of kidnappers.

Obi was pretty awesome though, especially that second fight.
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:41 pm Reply with quote
Due to a full queue and just plain forgetfulness it took me this long to watch the episodes of this season.

It's weak.

The interpersonal stuff is alright but the "plot" is just plain bad. transparent non-villains (the mountain bandits- from the mountain she regularly gathered herbs) stupidly kidnapping her for nonsensical reasons in away that was obviously meant to get her taken by the real bad guys.. And somehow they've gone all this time without revealing Kazuki's "secret"- obvious from the introduction involving "I'm not a young boy!"
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:22 am Reply with quote
Spastic Minnow wrote:
stupidly kidnapping her for nonsensical reasons

What reasons are those? I don't recall that we've ever been told yet why they kidnapped her.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:36 am Reply with quote
I think that it is pretty easy to guess the likely reason the first group were trying to get Shirayuki. The leader of the bandits is probably Shirayuki's father, they sent or Shirayuki was taken to her grandparents when she was young. Now that she has reached some age or something, her father sent out these two to bring her back to him, and they decided that the most reliable method to do that would be kidnapping. It is not like she would believe them that they are sent from her father, and showing up as bandits head on would probably not be the best for dealing with royalty. If true, I think her father was a man in the preview that might have had red hair.

Pirates don't seem to like the bandits that much, and upon finding out who they are has decided to sell them instead. Obi was pretty cool, and even Raj acted quite respectable.
Darkmagick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:55 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Pirates don't seem to like the bandits that much.

The mountain guys aren't actually bandits - as Raj said last episode when showing off that he actually studied, they're essentially a group of volunteers who fight to protect the people from bandits, despite not being officially acknowledged by the kingdom. Presumably the pirates are one of the groups they fight against, thus why the pirates don't like them.
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:24 am Reply with quote
Regardless of what the specific reasons are, I see it as a bit of nonsense because it's unnecessary. True, they aren't really bandits - they're not really villains. If her father is there or if she's just well liked for some favor she performed for them while she frequently visited there, they don't seem to show any real animosity to either kingdom and certainly not to her... so, I can think of no good reason for them to decide a two man kidnapping squad was a good idea.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:27 pm Reply with quote
I loved seeing EVERYONE angsting over Shirayuki. Especially Raj. It was cute.

I know I'm weird. :p

Kids, today's lesson is: Don't piss off Obi. Lol I also think Kazuki's intentions are good. I think Dusky is right about this being family-related. Maybe he's her brother?
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:30 am Reply with quote
Season 2, episode 6:

Hmm nice episode, got quite a thrill from it with the transition of Zen's attempt to recuse Shirayuki. I have to give Kiki some credit though as she risks her life to sneak aboard the ship to help her. At the same time, I think Kazuki and Shirayuki's relationship got better too.

Really starting to hate Umihebi with the way she treats others including her own comrades. I'm definitely looking forward to the next episode to see how they will end this whole drama.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:55 pm Reply with quote
I was half expecting a cross dressing Zen at the end there Laughing
Darkmagick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:05 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:

He actually contemplates giving it a shot in the manga. Mitsuhide and Obi give him a firm no. Laughing
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:20 am Reply with quote
This story is starting to make me think of Yona of the Dawn, slaves on a ship included too. And it makes the above comment of the possibility of a crossdressing Zen kind of funny.

Yona is indeed in need of rescuing here, but I kind of feel that she is not entirely helpless like some other types in the genre. Rather than screaming for help and horrified by monstrous acts, she quotes her medical knowledge in the harm the pirate is doing. And Kiki really disempowered herself in way that takes a lot of guts, and says that she is stronger than other characters.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:14 pm Reply with quote
Darkmagick wrote:
Vaisaga wrote:

He actually contemplates giving it a shot in the manga. Mitsuhide and Obi give him a firm no. Laughing

AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

That sounds like our Zen, all right. Anime hyper
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:46 pm Reply with quote
Season 2, episode 7:

Damn that was awesome, the perfect way for them to save Shirayuki. I wish the battle involving Zen and others lasted longer but it as a fine way for the pirates to get beat like they deserved. The Blue Vortex thing also adds an unique fantasy element to this series' world fiction. I found that kinda neat.

And also, Kiki deserves a lot of respect from me in these past two episodes. One of my favorite characters in this series now.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:36 pm Reply with quote
I felt bad for Raj in this ep. Boats freaking suck. lol But he really went all out for this battle. Admirable.

Nice reunion was nice.

Ending spoiler: OH HO! CALLED IT.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 7 of 10