• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Rokka: Braves of the Six Flowers (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nyron

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 3:36 pm Reply with quote
this show is so C-list ugh
but i'll keep watching i guess

If anyone wants to watch the same show but better in every way 5 times over, watch Rage of Bahamut Genesis
ThatGuyWhoLikesThings

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 4:46 pm Reply with quote
Nyron wrote:
this show is so C-list ugh
but i'll keep watching i guess

If anyone wants to watch the same show but better in every way 5 times over, watch Rage of Bahamut Genesis

>The same show

Yeah, okay. Rolling Eyes
Plasmaeclipse

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 5:45 pm Reply with quote
You can really tell this show was adapted from a novel over half of this episode was just jumping from exposition to exposition. Still it's done in an engaging way and helps to build a rapport between Adlet and Bunny-Hime (her name is to long, complicated and anime-ey for me to bother remembering).

I'm gonna rule out Adlet as the fake hero now just because we did in fact see the moment he got chosen so I think it's safe to say he's legit.

Bunny-Hime still stands out for having red eyes in a world where the villains are demons.

Fremy is now the most suspicious because Goldof has named her as the Brave-Killer and her behavior around Adlet seems to support that.

Consequently that puts Goldof at the next lowest on the suspicion list since he is a well regarded knight captain and Fremy's behavior fits his accusation of her as the assassin. Of course he could be accusing her to cover his own tracks but currently none of the character's behavior supports that.

Personally my bet is still on the kid. Kids are from hell
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:36 pm Reply with quote
Plasmaeclipse wrote:
You can really tell this show was adapted from a novel over half of this episode was just jumping from exposition to exposition. Still it's done in an engaging way and helps to build a rapport between Adlet and Bunny-Hime (her name is to long, complicated and anime-ey for me to bother remembering).

I'm gonna rule out Adlet as the fake hero now just because we did in fact see the moment he got chosen so I think it's safe to say he's legit.

Bunny-Hime still stands out for having red eyes in a world where the villains are demons.

Fremy is now the most suspicious because Goldof has named her as the Brave-Killer and her behavior around Adlet seems to support that.

Consequently that puts Goldof at the next lowest on the suspicion list since he is a well regarded knight captain and Fremy's behavior fits his accusation of her as the assassin. Of course he could be accusing her to cover his own tracks but currently none of the character's behavior supports that.

It's almost certainly not Frenemy (oh, did I misspell that?). She was asking Adlet if he was there to kill her, and my interpretation is that someone either had tried to kill her already, or she had heard about someone killing (potential) braves and thought it might be him... probably the former.

I already hate Goldof, which means while I would like it to be him, it probably won't be because that would be too convenient to make it someone I instantly disliked.

Also, Adlet showed himself to be legitimately badass this episode, so him being picked to be a brave isn't very surprising.
Plasmaeclipse

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:41 pm Reply with quote
I'm kinda hoping it's the kid so my irrational hatred of her can be justified but I highly doubt it will be. Knowing how these things go she will end up as my favorite character ironically.

I doubt it'll be Goldof he's got kinda a dark knight thing going on my writer sense is telling me that all the evil looking characters will turn out not evil. Of course going by this it means Adlet, Bunny-Hime, and Yet-to-be-introduced Purple Lady are the most suspicious. Going by this logic it also means Fremy isn't the fake, although she could still be the killer she did say she didn't like humans.

And yes Adlet is pretty badass I like that his stupid overconfidence and Chivalry is juxtaposed with legitimate knowledge of his enemies. It prevents him from turning into the Lawful Stupid Paladin a**hole

Last edited by Plasmaeclipse on Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:42 pm Reply with quote
Or it's the legend that's fake. "What, I made seven this time. I'm a freakin' goddess, I do what I want."
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:10 pm Reply with quote
Plasmaeclipse wrote:

I wouldn't be so sure. Remember he was being attacked by an obviously evil aura at the time. Could be the demon that branded him.

Though that was probably a misdirection.
phia_one

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:19 pm Reply with quote
Another good episode. I enjoyed that they showed spoiler[the princess (I don't feel like spelling her name) being nervous about fighting fiends, since she never engaged in combat where losing her life was a real possibility.].

So did anyone else find it interesting that spoiler[ Flemy seemed to perk up after Adlet blew that whistle? I haven't read the novels, but I'll definitely give the show points for raising my suspicions about most of the Braves if they continue doing things like that.]

Plasmaeclipse wrote:

Not related to the show, but I laughed at this.
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:11 pm Reply with quote
Two more introduced this week, one already suspected of being the infiltrated assassin.

The princess is a strange mix of adolescence, naivete and realism. But it's not unreasonable to think someone who survived a palace coup and lived incognito would develop a personality such as hers to cope. Despite her skills, she counts herself fortunate that Adlet was with her for the first engagement.

Magically creating customised bullets from iron in a short space of time makes the flintlock shooter Fremy quite formidable, but is she really the traitor that Goldof points her out to be? If she really wanted to, she could have killed Adlet immediately after the first shot after he identified himself. As for the Black Knight, too little is known about him at present to ascertain if he's telling the truth, been mislead or is outright lying.

No expectations to the series, so no need to compare it to other supposedly superior works of the same genre. Combining a bit of mystery and intrigue to the standard fantasy adventure makes for an interesting watch for me, those who complain about its quality or cliched plot aren't exactly forced to watch it when it airs.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:15 pm Reply with quote
phia_one wrote:
So did anyone else find it interesting that spoiler[ Flemy seemed to perk up after Adlet blew that whistle?]

When did that happen? oO

@ Tuor - why do you hate Goldof already? He's barely been heard from. Smile
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:21 pm Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
phia_one wrote:
So did anyone else find it interesting that spoiler[ Flemy seemed to perk up after Adlet blew that whistle?]

When did that happen? oO

Time stamp around 14:52. It's a far shot of her and she simply stops walking, but it's too brief to have meaning on its own and it would be too random if it was placed there for no reason.
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:42 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
Gina Szanboti wrote:
phia_one wrote:

When did that happen? oO

Time stamp around 14:52. It's a far shot of her and she simply stops walking, but it's too brief to have meaning on its own and it would be too random if it was placed there for no reason.

Didn't the show explain her reaction to the whistle as one of recognition and then surprise? She realised what the flute was and then those pseudo-bunny ears appear to perk up as she straightens up to react to Adlet charging in against five monsters with a whistle.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:53 pm Reply with quote
We're talking about Fremy reacting to it, not Nashetania.
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:24 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
We're talking about Fremy reacting to it, not Nashetania.

If the princess can hear it and react to it, why doesn't the same logic apply to Fremy? In the latter's case, it implies recognition and an awareness that someone close by uses the whistle. Combined with a love of animals, we will need to find out next week exactly how she is familiar with the tools used against the beasts.

Fremy covers one of her eyes with a bandage; if it's due to an eye injury impairing her sight then her ears may well be sharper to compensate for the partial loss of her sight.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:46 pm Reply with quote
Harleyquin wrote:
If the princess can hear it and react to it, why doesn't the same logic apply to Fremy?

Because she was nowhere near him when he used it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 2 of 21