• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
School-Live! (TV)

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Badge304

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:26 am Reply with quote
louis6578 wrote:

I just hope they get to how Megu-nee died soon.

This episode shows Megunee alone, outside the door, red blood dripping down her arm, zombies closing in on her.
I think they just showed what happened.
louis6578

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:41 am Reply with quote
Badge304 wrote:
louis6578 wrote:

I just hope they get to how Megu-nee died soon.

This episode shows Megunee alone, outside the door, red blood dripping down her arm, zombies closing in on her.
I think they just showed what happened.

Sure, you could say "she got eaten by zombies" but that's the cause of death. I mean the details surrounding it. The minutes leading up to that event. How the zombies broke through or why Megu-nee was out of the safe zone at the time.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:21 am Reply with quote
Episode 7

The OP some more minor changes, kind of what I was thinking after last week. The whiteboard that had Megu-nee's face on it is now smeared, effectively rubbed out, and where we previously saw a smiling Megu-nee now has a shot of her grave.

Yuki almost had a breakdown from realising Megu-nee could not have been in the car, it actually looks like things may be on the brink of changing for her. Maybe not obvious, but I think that Miki was going through an episode of sorts this episode. Her reaction in grabbing the keys made me think that she may have been considering the idea of going out to look for Kei, her giving the keys to Yuuri held some significance.

And the new ED, things feel kind of morbid or dangerous, that something bad may happen. I also keep feeling that there a bunch of small details I am not entirely noticing in general. Like maybe how Yuuri mentions that she does not see things the same way as Yuki, and we got that scene of her drawing the pictures, the colour we see her grab was green, but neither of the things she drew had green on them.
Dessa

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:07 am Reply with quote
louis6578 wrote:
On an unrelated note, I noticed that this show is hard to recommend without spoiling the twist. I will say though, if you're a fan of K-On and The Walking Dead, you will love this show. Very narrow demographic. XD

I just play the same card Sentai has been playing. "Yeah, I know that you don't like cutesy, moe, slice-of-life stuff, but trust me, you'll like this one. Just watch the first episode, at least. It's about girls who live at their school, and their day-to-day activities."

Also, I like neither K-On! nor The Walking Dead, so that comparison probably wouldn't have hooked me on the show ^^;
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:23 am Reply with quote
All I have been able to do is tell people to watch the first episode, that it is more than it appears. With a couple people I made a game asking if they can figure it out. My sister who is not big into zombie stuff has actually been liking it.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:58 am Reply with quote
I would have skipped the show completely had I not spoiled myself on the twist before hand, so it might be better just to come out with it.
Cam0

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:36 pm Reply with quote
I'm on the same boat as Vaisaga. Had I not known about the zombie setting, I wouldn't have probably even given this show a chance.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:57 pm Reply with quote
I still wouldn't ruin it for new people. If they don't want to see it, it is their loss. They can always ruin it for themselves while researching on the internet.
HelloBucket

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:09 pm Reply with quote
I really like how Yuki's brain created a more optimistic idea out of the original seed of leaving something behind for the future.

One thing about the new ED I've noticed is that some of the shots show the school in considerably worse condition than it currently appears even outside of Yukivision. A promo image for the series I remember looked similarly. I'm wondering if this is meant to be metaphor or if something capable of inflicting a lot more structural damage than zombies (such as natural disaster or human action) is looming in the near future.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:47 pm Reply with quote
TarsTarkas wrote:
I still wouldn't ruin it for new people. If they don't want to see it, it is their loss. They can always ruin it for themselves while researching on the internet.

Really don't think it would ruin it, though. It is the main premise of the show, not some late season plot twist.
louis6578

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:02 pm Reply with quote
I hope that they get back in danger soon. I want to see how they can keep protecting Yuki from the cruelty of reality. Also, I like the new ending theme, though my favorite ending will probably always be Episode 6's.
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:06 pm Reply with quote
louis6578 wrote:
I hope that they get back in danger soon. I want to see how they can keep protecting Yuki from the cruelty of reality. Also, I like the new ending theme, though my favorite ending will probably always be Episode 6's.

spoiler[Even the anime have been giving hints about who is going to crack, and it will be an interesting surprise on if they decide to throw in the "brave Yuki" scene (even though she doesn't get to really do anything)]
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:10 am Reply with quote
Episode 8:

Episode felt slow but the part about the biological weapon sounds kinda interesting and creepy. Hopefully Yuuri has a plan with the others. Too bad Yuki still believes that Megu-nee is alive in her delusion.

The first half of this episode was quite cute in a few ways though.
That lucky dog too Cool
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Zomb1e13

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:01 am Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Episode 8:

Episode felt slow but the part about the biological weapon sounds kinda interesting and creepy. Hopefully Yuuri has a plan with the others. Too bad Yuki still believes that Megu-nee is alive in her delusion.

The first half of this episode was quite cute in a few ways though.
That lucky dog too Cool

While they mention the biological weapon it raises some questions though. spoiler[ why did Megu-nee have the key to that briefcase. Was perhaps more of the school suppose to survive and repopulate?]

Last edited by Zomb1e13 on Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:05 am; edited 1 time in total
MrTerrorist

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:01 am Reply with quote
Poor Kurumi. Yuki making jokes about her marrying her shovel. lol

And now the serious part where spoiler[the revelation of a secret manual that reveals the zombie outbreak was caused by a biological weapon and the school was prepared for it.]

Oh. Also.....spoiler[the real Megumi is still somewhere at school.]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 8 of 14