• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: XSEED: Corpse Party: Blood Drive Will Not Contain Censorship

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
0nsen

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:27 pm Reply with quote
Putting up with any kind of censorship just leads to even more censorship. I will punish publishers that do this. By not only not buying a certain release, but boycotting them altogether. I am of the opinion that publishers that censor are better off vanishing.

My point is this: censored stuff shouldn't exist.

That's because without researching before you buy, you just won't know if it's censored or not. Nobody is putting a label on their product that makes consumers aware of the issue, which is deeply concerning to me, because that is dishonest. I fell victim to this practice more often than I care to count and am just sick of it. There's probably a law or something to that effect that makes sure there's the rating somewhere on the game. There also should be a law to indicate any kind of censorship. At least then anyone could decide for himself if he wants to support censorship or not.
0nsen

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 1:10 pm Reply with quote
It affects my trust in a company, which is the most important of all things.
CatSword

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 2:54 pm Reply with quote
razisgosu wrote:
terminus24 wrote:
Watch Dogs, which has sex slaves and completely topless women

Watch dogs doesn't have characters that look like children or in some cases are children though, does it? There's the difference.

For a case like that, GTA V has a 'teen idol' having graphic sex in the middle of a public area in one mission. As well as Michael's daughter trying out for an American Idol-esque show and trying to secure her win by dancing provocatively, grabbing her breasts and grinding on the judge.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3