• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
exclusive interview with producer of Tekkon Kinkreet

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ticko

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:38 am Reply with quote
Thought everyone might be interested in this interview with Eiko Tanaka about the new Tekkon Kinkreet movie that's about to come out. (in the past Eiko Tanaka also worked on Totoro and other Ghibli movies). Lots of behind the scenes pics and storyboards too.

http://www.pingmag.jp/2006/11/22/making-taiyo-matsumoto-tekkon-kinkreet-into-anime/
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:44 am Reply with quote
Now this is the quality interview I've been looking for. I was a bit surprised seeing not only a female in charge of Studio 4°C, but her use of the word "Japanimation" as well.

Did I just hear a yawp from downtown LA across the Pacific? That's right, I'm talking to you, Miss.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Cloe

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:50 pm Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
Did I just hear a yawp from downtown LA across the Pacific? That's right, I'm talking to you, Miss.

D'oh, I can't believe you heard me all the way from Taiwan! Wink

dormcat wrote:
I was a bit surprised seeing not only a female in charge of Studio 4°C...

Yup, Eiko Tanaka has served as producer in almost everything Studio 4°C has animated and everything Beyond C has done. She was also very influential in the creative development of Mind Game, as well as partially responsible for inviting Masaaki Yuasa aboard for the project. She's my 2nd-favorite lady in anime, right behind Atsuko Fukushima, wife of Koji Morimoto and extremely talented animator.

Thanks for the interview, ticko. Some of those image boards are breathtaking. I have very high expectations for this film, considering that the last time a team of Studio 4°C animators assembled to put together a film based on a comic they were all huge fans of, the result was an absolute masterpiece. And this line puts to rest any fears I might have had:

Eiko Tanaka wrote:
When Taiyo saw the finished anime, he said it was the treasure of his life.

Anime hyper Incidentally, I've used the same 3D camera mapping technique that Studio 4°C used for this film in one of my own animations, and the effect of binding 2D and 3D animation is seamless. I can't wait to see this!!! Oh my God, I don't know how I'm going to be able to wait. Sigh... I wish I could work at Studio 4°C...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1