• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Classroom Crisis (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raftina

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:38 pm Reply with quote
...I wish I had started watching this earlier, instead of jumping in with a marathon now. The initial theme very vaguely resonated with me on a personal level, because I used to be part of a university lab that did basic research on hydrogen storage for an automobile company, and now I'm in the accounting industry. It was interesting to see the dynamic between the budget and the ideals, and how the A-TEC managed to adapt while winning the management to their side.

Then it went into the characters' personal problems, particularly Nagisa's. I'm not too sorry about the shift away from the earlier plots: The show did a good job getting me attached to him and Mizuki, so I am interested in seeing how the situation will be resolved, though I have this suspicion that Nagisa will abandon his ambition in the end.

Quote:
I am actually not all that surprised that Iris is actually Nagisa, the name was feminine enough that it would be interesting if it was her name

I had guessed the exact opposite: That Iris was Nagisa's kagemusha rather than the other way around. In retrospect, this development makes more sense, since it makes use of Iris' amnesia.

By the way, good job Mizuki. You have both Nagisas infatuated with you. Smile
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:17 pm Reply with quote
Episode 11

Two sweet moments this episode! Both romance (Nagisa/Mizuki) and bromance. (Nagisa/Kaito) It was nice to find out more about his past. Then the ending happened...

Sigh, the world is just too cruel huh?
Curious to see if he will survive that.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:34 am Reply with quote
Hey, sex is dirty! Very Happy That was pretty hilarious.

And of course he'll survive. No one ever seems to die of stabbing in anime, certainly not MCs.
Raftina

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:30 am Reply with quote
As dangerous as Kazuhisa's plotting is, it's Jason Li that came across as the scariest this episode, at least for me. Kazuhisa, for all his influence, greed, and ambition, can be readily labeled: the corrupt corporate executive wishing to turn a profit at all costs. Li is much more difficult to assess: He's comes across as somewhere between a complete psychopath and a child playing with toys without being aware of the consequences. I don't think he's being disingenuous at all when he was speaking to Kaito: He really sounded like he was inviting a good friend to come over and play.

The way this episode turned out seem to hint at a bittersweet ending. There's the fact that Nagisa's plan against Kazuhisa was interrupted because of his injuries. And the fact that he chose Mizuki over Iris seems to foreshadow that he will abandon his quest against the Kiryus. I'm expecting that Kazuhisa will succeed in his plan, A-TEC will be disbanded, and Nagisa will leave Kirishina Corporation, but they will find a new start somewhere else.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:14 am Reply with quote
I couldn't help myself, but when the evil plan was revealed I just had to shout "METAL GEAR?!"

Raftina wrote:
And the fact that he chose Mizuki over Iris seems to foreshadow that he will abandon his quest against the Kiryus.

I'm not sure it's apt to say he chose one over the other. Any feelings he has for Iris is probably just duty based.

Probably more approrpiate to say that Mizuki chose Nagisa over Iris.
Raftina

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:25 am Reply with quote
Duty? Possibly, but I doubt it was always a simple matter of loyalty rather than a mix of that and bodyguard crush.

Now the question is, Nagisa x Mizuki, Nagisa x Iris, or Iris x Mizuki?

Well, Nagisa wins regardless. Laughing
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:45 am Reply with quote
Raftina wrote:
Duty? Possibly, but I doubt it was always a simple matter of loyalty rather than a mix of that and bodyguard crush.

Perhaps, but I never got a romantic twinge during Nagisa and Iris's interactions. There could have been something between them as kids, (it's currently unclear if Iris is upset by the kiss because of feelings for Nagisa or for Mizuki) but the show has almost exclusively been pushing for Nagisa/Mizuki for awhile.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:33 am Reply with quote
The kissing scene was kind of unexpectedly strong.

Iris was not able to reveal the truth to anyone yet, and actually looks like she was upset by the emotional scene.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:40 am Reply with quote
Snow White got me thinking, but you really don't see kisses like this in anime too often, do you? Normally two people just put their lips together, hold that pose for a bit, and that's it. Here it was a lot more intense (not to mention dirty) and what you'd expect from a make out session.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:54 pm Reply with quote
I actually enjoyed that kiss more than the ones in Shirayuki. It was funny and the lead-in felt realistic, and the passion (even from a distance) was clear. It just had a lot of warmth to it.

But any anime kiss that doesn't involve spit strings and external tongue wrestling is fine by me. Seriously, who kisses like that?
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:08 pm Reply with quote
Episode 12:

I think Yuuji just reached a new level of insane this episode. And not only that, Nagisa becomes the victim here. Intense second half. We get a counterattack with some machinery so I guess our four eyed Yuuji wasn't prepared for what came at him.

Hanako is also a damn ninja! However, that cliffhanger kinda scares me....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Raftina

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:10 pm Reply with quote
I can see it now: Iris overcomes her fear of the asteroid field to mount an orbital rescue of Nagisa, at the same time proving to the board of directors the value of the X-3 engine and A-TEC. And then they traumatize Mizuki by sharing a passionate kiss in the new A-TEC vehicle.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:54 pm Reply with quote
For crying out loud! Don't just leave the psycho totally unharmed so he can then get a gun and shoot someone. All she had to do knock him out, or maybe stab him the leg so he cannot walk, anything but what she did. Maybe hold him down and slowly inflict pain until he does something to stop the situation.

Although truth was that I looked at how time was left in the episode and it became clear that they would not be able to stop Nagisa from flying off. Of course Iris has to fly and save him.

That one crazy when his eyes are going in different directions did make me laugh.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:13 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Hanako is also a damn ninja!

You're only noticing now? Laughing Related to a pretty famous ninja too.

DuskyPredator wrote:
That one crazy when his eyes are going in different directions did make me laugh.

He pissed himself too.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:55 pm Reply with quote
So...they strapped rocket engines to an SUV? Shocked Wasn't that an episode of MythBusters?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4