• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai Filmworks Licenses The World is Still Beautiful Anime

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lemonchest

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:32 pm Reply with quote
I remember this one. It was the show that thought "if we make people think it's a musical, they won't notice it's about a romance with an 11 year old boy."
EighteenSky

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:54 pm Reply with quote
Huh, kinda thought they already had this. Anyway it's fab news, this series just kept on improving episode by episode.
KH91

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:29 pm Reply with quote
Watched this last month, it was good. If you're a fan of Code Geass and Kuroshitsuji, you may notice things.

Lemonchest wrote:
they won't notice it's about a romance with an 11 year old boy."

Except he's spoiler[15, 2 years younger than her, and handles her like a boss lol]
Keichitsu0305

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:36 pm Reply with quote
Oh neat! I found the series charming so I'll totally get it but I need to read the original source material.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:39 pm Reply with quote
Awesome that Sentai picked this show up. Smile Here's hoping the show eventually gets English version.
Crisha

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:09 pm Reply with quote
YESSSS! I watched this several months ago and really enjoyed it. I was disappointed that it wasn't licensed. Now I can cross it off my license wish list.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
trilaan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:52 pm Reply with quote
Ah, this was a surprisingly good little series, I'd be happy to own it.
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:53 pm Reply with quote
KH91 wrote:

Except he's spoiler[15, 2 years younger than her, and handles her like a boss lol]

A later chapter of the manga (40, as I recall), apparently states otherwise.
seorin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:29 pm Reply with quote
He's 12, also Nike's age is the only thing we don't know for sure but I wouldn't be surprised if she's like 15 or something, so 3 years 4 at max isn't that big of a difference tbh. Anyway might keep an eye on this release. I love the manga and definitely liked the anime.
KidaYuki

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:45 pm Reply with quote
*clears throat* "IT'S A TENDER RAIN~~~~~~"

couldn't resit xp

actually the only thing I didn't like about this anime was "It's a tender rain" it was to pop sounding for the context of the show. But that's not enough to discourage me Smile
CallumKeyblade

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:19 pm Reply with quote
seorin wrote:
He's 12, also Nike's age is the only thing we don't know for sure but I wouldn't be surprised if she's like 15 or something, so 3 years 4 at max isn't that big of a difference tbh. Anyway might keep an eye on this release. I love the manga and definitely liked the anime.

Maybe it's not a big age gap in an adult relationship but there is a pretty big difference between a 12 year old and a 15 year old...
Hehaho1830

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:24 pm Reply with quote
So no one ever seems to point out that arranged marriages for royalty used to end up being decided by that age anyways, or worse 30 year old man with a 13 year old girl... its not that weird for the time period it looks to represent, though it is the prince's idea, and not an arranged marriage, but still, it's not that weird for the setting.
macattack

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:02 pm Reply with quote
All right, I'm going to clear up a couple of things.

They altered Livi's age in the anime. In the manga, he is indeed 11-12 years old. However, for the purposes of the anime, they aged him up to 15, enough so that the age gap is still noticeable but it's more acceptable than it was.

That all being said, this was an undiscovered gem of a series. If Sentai does decide to dub it, I hope they put a lot of effort into the dub, because this show honestly deserves an A-grade effort. It's great from start to finish.
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:18 pm Reply with quote
Just on the release date of the newest volume! Cool announcement!

I already purchased the Blu-ray box with the soundtrack and special strap, so I won't be buying this, but I hope others enjoy this! I love this manga... and somewhat the anime! lol Still don't think Shimazaki fits the character of Livi at all... I was rooting for Sachi Matsumoto.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:54 pm Reply with quote
CallumKeyblade wrote:

Maybe it's not a big age gap in an adult relationship but there is a pretty big difference between a 12 year old and a 15 year old...

it's not a big age gap if one of them is king another one is princess. In our real history we had 13-15 prince/king married a 20 years old before. Age doesn't matter for royal Arranged marriage. In China and Japan, sometimes a prince already arranged to marry certain family's female before before he is born. that's why in china, the queen(first wife) is almost always older than the king. Age is not a factor. You can always get more wives.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2