• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japan's Animation Blu-ray Disc Ranking, June 15-21

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:09 am Reply with quote
Congrats to Mizuki-san. Any guess as to why she seems to do so well on the Oricon charts when other seiyuu like Yukari Tamura and Yui Horie are also popular singers? In other words, what is it about her that makes her especially popular, besides being in popular shows like Nanoha and Ship-puden?
Kaioshin_Sama

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:42 am Reply with quote
Looks like Bones found another publisher they can work with in Toho.
Keichitsu0305

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:49 am Reply with quote
Super glad BBB managed to get 10k for its opening week. I was worried with so many references to U.S. pop culture like Johnny Rockets or Pacific Rim that it would get mediocre sales. Hopefully, Bones will be persuaded to make a season 2; can't wait to buy Funimation's DVD/BD. While Noragami s.1 didn't make 10k the first time, I always thought that was still considered a success since Bones announced a season 2 whereas Chaika seemed to have planned a 2 part series in the beginning.

Surprised vol.1 of Sound! Euphonium is average but maybe that will pick up near the end of the series. Still looking forward to Funi's Death Parade box set; it should be amazing~
tintor2

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:49 am Reply with quote
Bravo for Kekkai Sensen. Now let's party
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:31 am Reply with quote
Also very happy that Blood Blockade Battlefront is selling this well. I would love to see more anime content.

I am surprised, but not shocked, with Sound! Euphonium's numbers. I was convinced that the first volume was going to sell 15k+.

Mr. Oshawott wrote:
I thought Sound! Euphorium would sell at higher numbers than what I saw, but they're not that bad...

I agree, but it is very unlikely that it will get a season two.
relyat08

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:12 am Reply with quote
Well that is surprising as hell... My thoughts echo most others here. I expected BBB to fail miserably, partially just because it's a Bones show, but also because it has no moe to speak of. I'm extremely thrilled and perplexed at the same time.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:12 am Reply with quote
Wow BBB sold over 17k worth of disc looks like they mite get anther season
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:20 am Reply with quote
Calculus20 wrote:

It was like 3k estimated before episode 8 so these sales are mostly the result of that push. As for KyoAni shop, I always hear people say it matters but I honestly don't think it makes THAT much of a difference. Of course, it's better to wait until the end of the year and see the total disc sales and then we can get a better idea of where Euphonium is. I honestly wouldn't expect too much of an increase though. The numbers out right now are a fairly good estimate. Of course, there are still 2 episodes left. If KyoAni can do something in those 2 episodes like what happened with episode 8 you could see a big last minute spike.

Those last 2 episodes is going to be SO NERVE WRECKING. With the way the KyoAni staff set up episode 8, I hope they know what they're doing and give this a successful finish.
Sunny milk

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:32 am Reply with quote
There are literally not enough male fans that would buy KyoAni products anymore to go past the ~6k sales at most for a show that features an almost all-girls cast.
Why are some people acting surprised, what numbers did you expect from it?
mistress_kisara

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:35 am Reply with quote
Sunny milk wrote:
There are literally not enough male fans that would buy KyoAni products anymore

What does this even mean? What are you implying? Rolling Eyes
phoenixalia

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:51 am Reply with quote
mistress_kisara wrote:
Sunny milk wrote:
There are literally not enough male fans that would buy KyoAni products anymore

What does this even mean? What are you implying? Rolling Eyes

Same. I don't want to think negative but that post gave me a wrong vibe. If it's not what I think it is, I apologize in advance.
Touma

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:29 pm Reply with quote
Sunny milk wrote:
There are literally not enough male fans that would buy KyoAni products anymore to go past the ~6k sales at most for a show that features an almost all-girls cast.

Do you have a source for that?
Why even mention male fans? What about female fans?
Everything that I have read indicates that K-On! had a lot of female fans, especially high school girls, why wouldn't other shows have a significant number of female fans?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
KH91

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:37 pm Reply with quote
WOOT! Lets go Fafner! Keep the numbers up. You have to.
Keichitsu0305

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:59 pm Reply with quote
relyat08 wrote:
I expected BBB to fail miserably, partially just because it's a Bones show, but also because it has no moe to speak of.

Are you sure about that? Wink
I am super curious why BBB, a series that takes place in a supernatural version of New York City, based off a manga by the creator of Trigun, animated by Bones (one of my favorite animation studios), with an episodic nature and majority adult cast, gotten so popular in Japan? If this was the U.S, then that's obvious but almost never the other way around. Maybe, anime fans were just looking for something fresh?
Hyperdrve

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:53 pm Reply with quote
Mr. Oshawott wrote:
I thought Sound! Euphorium would sell at higher numbers than what I saw, but they're not that bad...

Maybe because KyoAni's betrayal in 2013 a certain sect stopped buying their products.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3