• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Brynhildr in the Darkness, Beyond the Boundary, Black Bullet Will Get English Dubs

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TnKtRk

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:21 pm Reply with quote
naw, naw, naw dude; you're watching it wrong.
you're suppose to watch it with a big phatty.
only way to enjoy a show of such caliber.
Laughing
SquadmemberRitsu

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:22 pm Reply with quote
Hanabee were really aggressively marketing the show here in Australia over a year ago yet they haven't been able to anything with the license because they knew Sentai would make a move eventually. This joke was getting kind of old, so I'm glad Sentai are finally doing something.

Similar thing happened with Chunibyo back in 2012. Madman picked up the show before it even began airing, advertised it like crazy, then just sort of forgot about it. It's getting a fairly low key standard BD/DVD release in July.

While I'm fairly certain Chunibyo did good for Sentai, it would have probably sold more if Sentai striked while the iron was hot and not two years later when the hype died down and a year after the pointless second season and recap movie left a bitter taste in the mouths of the fanbase.
AholePony

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:25 pm Reply with quote
DmonHiro wrote:

And lets not forget the constant Diabolux Ex Machina: the bomb just happened to malfunction, the one person who would fudge up a plan just happened to be put in charge of it. A bomb just happened to fall on the children...

I agree with most of what you said, but you gotta admit there was one good thing about that show... Tina Sprout. Best character name ever.
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:39 pm Reply with quote
That's the most annoying thing about this show: I loved Tina, Enju and Kagetane. I just wish they were in a better show. Spin-off with Kagetane being in charge of Tina and Enju. MAKE IT HAPPEN JAPAN!
wastrel

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:53 pm Reply with quote
DmonHiro wrote:
And lets not forget the constant Diabolux Ex Machina: the bomb just happened to malfunction, the one person who would fudge up a plan just happened to be put in charge of it. A bomb just happened to fall on the children...

Not every show is going to be a masterpiece. And yes, Black Bullet is far from a masterpiece. But it's just a TV show when you come down to it. It doesn't have to be a masterpiece for people to still be entertained by it.

I still liked Black Bullet, if mostly for Enju, and I'm going to buy it. Also going to get Brynhildr in the Darkness -- another show that could have been more than it was, but I still liked Kuroneko (no, not that other Kuroneko). Might also pick up Sasami-san@Ganbaranai now that'll be in BD.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:58 pm Reply with quote
Will with Brynhildr in the Darkness and Beyond the Boundary getting dubs they mite be worth getting but Black Bullet maybe just to watch Tina
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:58 pm Reply with quote
I too enjoyed the show. Just that some things really annoyed the hell out of me. Still, I'll be remembering it for a while.
MischievousMelody

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:14 pm Reply with quote
Dunno about Black Bullet or Brynhildr, but Kyoukai no Kanata? CALLED IT.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:00 pm Reply with quote
I'm ecstatic that Brynhildr and Beyond the Boundary are finally getting English versions! Smile I can't wait to watch them; their supernatural theme seems fun to watch.
Agent355

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:17 pm Reply with quote
I want the Beyond the Boundary movies, please (not that Sentai always picks up its shows movies)
Kruszer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:34 pm Reply with quote
DmonHiro wrote:
That's the most annoying thing about this show: I loved Tina, Enju and Kagetane. I just wish they were in a better show. Spin-off with Kagetane being in charge of Tina and Enju. MAKE IT HAPPEN JAPAN!

I also agree, the characters were good, but the show was just put together badly and ultimately ended up spoiler[not concluding the main plot or even some of the side plots it started], which is one of the sure fire ways to get me to down vote a show a few points. Though, that's kind of expected now from me in things that are basically just made to advertise the novels. I wouldn't personally buy a copy, but at the same time it's not like it wasn't entertaining either.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:41 pm Reply with quote
Zalis116 wrote:
Yeah, and it's only 10 months after the "sometime in 2014" original target.

The same thing can be said about Eva 3.3's delayed release. Also, that '12 009 movie will be released in a few weeks here officially but that was two years after it was licensed at AX.
Razor/Edge

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:59 pm Reply with quote
I'll be buying Beyond the Boundary pretty quickly after it comes out. Probably wait for a sale to pick up Brynhildr and Black Bullet. If Rightstuf knocks them down to $20 a piece, then it will be worth it. Otherwise.....eh.
illusory

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:02 pm Reply with quote
Happy to hear Black Bullet is getting a dub! I had super low expectations going into that show but ended up really enjoying it. Definitely going to pick it up on Blu-Ray!
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:30 pm Reply with quote
i only like Tina
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3