• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Splatoon Wii U Game Sells Over 1 Million Worldwide

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Radrappy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:10 am Reply with quote
CrownKlown wrote:
LinkSword wrote:
Radrappy wrote:
CrownKlown wrote:
To counteract those saying well you can't compare this to an established IP, well most of those established IPs don't have Nintendo's general good will.

The fact that this game was from the makers of Mario, Zelda, etc. probably gives it as much of a boost as if it was a sequel.

Uh huh, tell that to Codename STEAM

BAM.

There you go, CrownKlown, that's one more poor assumption shot down.

Okay and it was a turn based rpg styled on Western themed comics with a love craft steam punk twist.

Its a little hard to compare that with Splatoon. At least use Code name heroes as a suggestion.

Besides one example that goes counter a statement does not disprove it.

It doesn't disprove it but it considerably weakens your statement. And splatoon was also a hard sell. A game that's basically online only about squid kids covering ground with paint? Yeah, not an easy concept. And especially when you compare the install bases of 3ds to wiiu, Splatoons sales become even more impressive.

Did Nintendo's brand help? Sure. Does it make this milestone less impressive? Nope.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2