• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Psycho-Pass Film's Trailer English-Subtitled

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Calculus20

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:11 am Reply with quote
Dammit Funi do your job and bring this movie here to the west. Hoping for an announcement at AX.
pachy_boy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:29 am Reply with quote
Quote:
The Psycho Pass movie is based on the original Psycho Pass sci-fi television anime series, which first aired in 2012.

While not necessarily being "retconned", might this imply that we can still ignore Psycho-Pass 2 and watch this movie as a direct next chapter to the first season? In the Tow Ubukata interview, I found it interesting that he more or less admitted the sequel series was chiefly just a filler story meant to whet the fans' appetite before the movie came out. That totally explains why the story felt like it went nowhere, which hurt it way more than all the little flaws it had that most fans complained about.

Last edited by pachy_boy on Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Actar

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:44 am Reply with quote
...wait. Is it completely booked already??? I appreciate the news tip, but it's kinda late... (^.^;)
garlogan78

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:55 am Reply with quote
pachy_boy wrote:
Quote:
The Psycho Pass movie is based on the original Psycho Pass sci-fi television anime series, which first aired in 2012.

While not necessarily being "retconned", might this imply that we can still ignore Psycho-Pass 2 and watch this movie as a direct next chapter to the first season? In the Tow Ubukata interview, I found it interesting that he more or less admitted the sequel series was chiefly just a filler story meant to whet the fans' appetite before the movie came out. That totally explains why the story felt like it went nowhere, which hurt it way more than all the little flaws it had that most fans complained about.

People that have seen it an posted online said that you don't have to see S2 to watch this movie. All that you would miss would be some extra supporting characters that won't contribute to the storyline.
relyat08

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:28 am Reply with quote
In a perfect world, this will mean that the Singapore Blu-ray release will have subs. And that sure would be nice. Smile
tintor2

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:46 am Reply with quote
The premise sounds really good
Kruszer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:14 am Reply with quote
This is why I hate it when they make anime that that have movie sequels to series. The wait is killing me. Anime cry
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:30 pm Reply with quote
Can't wait for this.
CoreSignal

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:19 am Reply with quote
I'm super hyped for this movie. I really hope Funimation does an American theatrical release, I'd love to see this on the big screen.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1