• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Monster Musume

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:08 am Reply with quote
Ok lets open up the can of elephants in the room, and have a fair argument between everyone involved. Remember no manga spoilers and no name calling.

Personally I think Centorea is the best. A) she probably has the best design. B) she is the one who care about him the most and has the most respect for him as a person.
Chipp12

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:25 am Reply with quote
Smith is still the best girl.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:36 am Reply with quote
I picked Cerea immediately once the manga got to her because she's centaur Tsukiumi, which is a shame that Marine Inoue isn't playing her. She should be.
BringBackUzume

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:00 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
I picked Cerea immediately once the manga got to her because she's centaur Tsukiumi, which is a shame that Marine Inoue isn't playing her. She should be.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who likened Cerea to Tsukiumi from Sekirei. In fact I drew a lot of parallels between the two shows.

As for Monster Musume, I love it. This is definitely one of my favorite Harem/Ecchi anime next to Sekirei. And also, Miia is best girl. That snake tongue, though.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:47 pm Reply with quote
BringBackUzume wrote:
And also, Miia is best girl. That snake tongue, though.

I guess everyone's got a line they won't cross.

Speaking for myself we were waaaay over that line a long time ago.

Miia: my anaconda don't want none unless..

Centauria: on the other hand not that much of it Too much of everything.

Pipa: I just can't get past the feet and no-hands talons. Cute is nice but not enough.

I notice in the closing credits the monster girls shown have mostly human form that depart from our genotype only in decorative ways. Are those supposed to be alternate forms of our girls or whole new monster girls?
blackice85

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:04 pm Reply with quote
HaruhiToy wrote:
I notice in the closing credits the monster girls shown have mostly human form that depart from our genotype only in decorative ways. Are those supposed to be alternate forms of our girls or whole new monster girls?

They're just different monsters altogether (zombie, cyclops, ogre, and doppelganger). They just happen to be more humanoid than the main harem cast who are animal hybrids, and thus more inhuman in appearance. They'll introduce these characters soon at any rate, so you'll see.
Sharkacon

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:31 pm Reply with quote
Darling-kun now has to choose to marry a monster. Not like jacked up looking, murderous Charlize Theron's Monster, but an actual monster girl, who is just as deadly. I'm loving the fact that these aren't catgirls, normal in every way but the ears and tail. Every time there's a sex reference, or one of them makes a move on poor, poor Darling-kun, I find myself wondering, "How the hell would that even work?". Or shuddering at the thought of having to navigate around razor sharp claws, prehensile torsos and steel toed (shoed?) hooves. Only for my thoughts to be interrupted by our far too patient Darling-kun being mangled by said hazards. Ecchi in most anime usually leads to pain and suffering for the MC via a swift punch or kick from the offended girls. Ecchi in this show leads to pain and suffering for the MC via the unbridled (hooray for puns!) love of these monstrous girls.

I wouldn't call MM a must watch, but I'm glad I'm watching it. I would never have thought I'd be a fan of the horror-harem genre.
Wrangler

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:02 am Reply with quote
What interesting that they never went over in the manga before is there apparently sub-species of these Monsters. There graft/visual reference shown at the end of the show, how there 3 or more sub-races of each of the main character's races.

They never showed them manga, but i'm curious if the show is going show off more subspecies monster girls.
blackice85

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:46 pm Reply with quote
Wrangler wrote:
What interesting that they never went over in the manga before is there apparently sub-species of these Monsters. There graft/visual reference shown at the end of the show, how there 3 or more sub-races of each of the main character's races.

They never showed them manga, but i'm curious if the show is going show off more subspecies monster girls.

I'm not sure how many of them exist in the series' world. They may just be extra sketches that the author compiled, since he made a lot of monster girl stuff prior to making a regular manga. Remember that this series is based off of hentai one-shots he did with each monster girl species.
lanierd2

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:31 am Reply with quote
best girl with personality- Centuria

Best girl best girl- Suu

Funniest best girl- Papi (She was hyped about that Wii)
Wingbeats

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:40 am Reply with quote
My favorite is still Miia. Poor, long-suffering Miia. <3

You would think that being a bird biologist would mean I would like the bird girl, buuuuut I dislike the cute-but-airheaded personality and I haaaaaate how the wings are drawn. One can draw harpies with perfectly lovely wings, but nope, not this series.
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:13 am Reply with quote
That is the bizarre thing about Monster Musume; this series' appeal should NOT be capable of sustaining a show long-term and yet the manga has gone on for over three years now and doesn't show any signs of running out of material. Then again, if anyone has ever seen an RPG bestiary then it's clear that they have a WEALTH of different species to introduce.
Themaster20000

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:11 pm Reply with quote
Enjoy the episode this week,despite the animators not bothering to animate Papi most of the time. It got pretty distracting at points.
Daemonblue

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:29 pm Reply with quote
It's a bit of a shame that they changed how Suu shows up. In the manga Miia's doing the cooking with Kimihito since in the previous chapter she tried to do it by herself and screwed up badly. It's a small change but it was why he thought of diluting Suu in the bath - because Miia diluted the soup too much.
encrypted12345

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:26 pm Reply with quote
Daemonblue wrote:
It's a bit of a shame that they changed how Suu shows up. In the manga Miia's doing the cooking with Kimihito since in the previous chapter she tried to do it by herself and screwed up badly. It's a small change but it was why he thought of diluting Suu in the bath - because Miia diluted the soup too much.

Yeah. I understand skipping the shedding chapter (I presume it'll be in an OVA), but not mentioning Miia's bad cooking yet was a strange move. Those family pictures made up for it, even if you have to pause to fully appreciate them.

They seem to be putting Mero's introduction chapers together and leaving MON for episode 6, which makes more sense narrative-wise. I think they plan to end on chapter 25, which is a good place to end.

They may make the dryad chapter OVA only because of how lewd it is. While chapter 26 is one of my favorite chapters since it develops Rach a bit more, the dryad chapter is ridiculously awesome, and it being an OVA would mean waiting a few months for it
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8