• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kodansha Comics Adds Queen Emeraldas, Complex Age, Forget Me Not Manga

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RHorsman

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:13 am Reply with quote
Weird timing: I just sent in an Answerman question asking whether there was anything interesting rightswise preventing Matsumoto's manga from being released in the US.

edit: oh hey, look at that, only took me 12 years to get to my 100th forum post.
TonyTonyChopper

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:02 pm Reply with quote
Matsumoto stuff hellz yeha i'm buying that !!!
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:04 pm Reply with quote
While this Leijiverse title will have its first official English release here, scanlation sites do have some of the series.

Matsumoto being born on 1/25/38 is shared by manga legend Shotaro Ishinomori though the former was born Kurume, Fukuoka (Part of Kyushu in SW Japan) and the latter in Tome, Miyagi (one of the various nearby cities hit by that horrible '11 earthquake).
Shar Aznabull

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:36 pm Reply with quote
I'm surprised to see any Matsumoto work get licensed, much less Queen Emeraldas. Very cool and I'll definitely be picking it up.
GATSU

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:37 pm Reply with quote
Rhorsman: The only thing keeping Matsumoto manga from getting a U.S. release here is that it has yet to be proven to sell.

Anyway, if they can bring over Emeraldas, why are they so stubborn about holding out on the last two volumes of Cromartie High? Crying or Very sad
VampireNaomi

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:00 pm Reply with quote
Queen Emeraldas is so far the most exciting license for me this year, and not many could top it. I'll definitely pick it up and think of excuses to buy it as a gift for friends.
Space☆Candy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:14 pm Reply with quote
Queen Emeraldas! I'm so happy about this, gonna be a must buy. Very Happy
GhostOfSide3

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:45 pm Reply with quote
Very happy everyone else here is looking forward to Queen Emeraldas and more Leiji Matsumoto stuff in general. This is amazing news for me as a Leiji Matsumoto fan. More please!
whiskeyii

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:51 pm Reply with quote
I'm surprised the cosplay manga got picked up. I liked whatever little snippet ANN advertised a while back, but I thought for sure it'd never get fully translated.
shuusei

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:52 pm Reply with quote
Eh, still waiting for them to license Historie. Neutral
Ali07

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:51 pm Reply with quote
So, Complex Age is 6 vols long. That has me interested, along with the synopsis (obviously). Nothing against ongoing manga, but knowing the length of a series does attract me towards some. This one usually wouldn't be something I'd be too interested in, if it was still ongoing.

Thing is, what would this larger format's size be? I've never seen any of Kodansha's large format books (I assume this isn't a new format). And, in all honesty, its size may end up being the thing that stops me from getting this one.

Forget Me Not sounds interesting. I'll get this one (I did say I have nothing against ongoings), but I actually like the synopsis that MAL has:
Quote:
One day, Serizawa fell asleep at work and had a dream about a past love that he wronged when he was in middle school. On the way home, he was involved in an accident, and a woman who knew him called for an ambulance. Now the woman has his phone number, but he doesn't know her identity. Serizawa thinks back over the women he has loved in the past, trying to determine who this woman is that has re-entered his life.

Just expands things a little more. Intrigued me more than the synopsis given by Kodansha, definitely will be checking this one out.

And, with it coming in March...I can talk someone into buying the first volume as my birthday present. Laughing[/quote]
unitmikey

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:10 pm Reply with quote
Yes! This Matusmoto license came out of nowhere but it is surely welcome. Let's pull together and make this sell so we can get more of his work (specifically 999).
Eternal Lover

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:50 pm Reply with quote
I haven't read at of Matsumoto's work before. But I'm honestly surprised to see a 70s manga being picked up. Great news.
R. Kasahara

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:22 pm Reply with quote
unitmikey wrote:
Yes! This Matusmoto license came out of nowhere but it is surely welcome. Let's pull together and make this sell so we can get more of his work (specifically 999).

I am so with you there!

Eternal Lover wrote:
I haven't read at of Matsumoto's work before. But I'm honestly surprised to see a 70s manga being picked up. Great news.

Rose of Versailles was revealed by UDON at Comic-Con recently, which was an even bigger surprise. If anything, this has been a great month for 70s manga Very Happy
lys

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:07 pm Reply with quote
Ali07 wrote:
So, Complex Age is 6 vols long. That has me interested, along with the synopsis (obviously). Nothing against ongoing manga, but knowing the length of a series does attract me towards some. This one usually wouldn't be something I'd be too interested in, if it was still ongoing.

Thing is, what would this larger format's size be? I've never seen any of Kodansha's large format books (I assume this isn't a new format). And, in all honesty, its size may end up being the thing that stops me from getting this one.

Kodansha already publishes Vinland Saga in a page size that matches the larger books from most other publishers (Yen, SevenSeas? (can't find my Alice books to measure but I'm pretty sure they were the same as Yen's Alice omnibuses), DMP, formerly Tokyopop all use it for select series): 5.75x8.25", rather than the standard 5x7.5". It's bigger but not excessively so. I would expect this to be the size they use, but it should say for sure on Amazon and elsewhere once preorders are available.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2