• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection 'F' Film Ranks #5 With US$1.55 Million on Wednesday

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
revolutionotaku

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:43 pm Reply with quote
I paid $6.00 for a ticket on the last day of the release due to other screenings being sold out at my local movie theater. Why does it have to be played once a day for a week? This is like trying to buy a ticket for New York Comic Con.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:05 pm Reply with quote
Be glad there was even more than 1 screening. I remember when Ghost in the Shell Innocence came out...only one screening in like 300 miles. Same with Aniplex's movies these days but DBZ is pretty good on screenings.
KH91

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:09 pm Reply with quote
Yeah. I expected this.
doubleO7

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:11 pm Reply with quote
revolutionotaku wrote:
I paid $6.00 for a ticket on the last day of the release due to other screenings being sold out at my local movie theater. Why does it have to be played once a day for a week? This is like trying to buy a ticket for New York Comic Con.

It's an event screening. Theaters aren't willing to dedicate many time-slots every day to limited-time movies that likely won't bring in as big a crowd as a general release movie.

But being as popular as it is, DBZ warranted a multi-day theatrical release instead of just a single-showing, one-day release like most anime films get.

It's always best to pre-buy tickets to these kinds of movies ASAP. They went on sale weeks ago. Nabbing one for $6 was pretty good though. I paid $13.
idkAlan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:03 am Reply with quote
revolutionotaku wrote:

The cinema near me has 3 showings, 2 at 7 pm Tuesday and Wednesday night but the 3rd showing will be at 11 am on Saturday.
It's good for the 3 showings but the showing on Saturday which would get more people willing to go is going to suffer but because the theater chose to show its regular movie at peak times it won't.
PurpleWarrior13

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:12 am Reply with quote
I'm seeing this on Saturday at 11am. Fortunately, there's two theaters in my area showing it at that time, so I'll probably get a ticket more easily. I'll have to pay at the box office, since I still need to be paid, and can't order online. I try not to buy tickets too far in advance. Last year, I bought Battle of Gods tickets in advance and ended up not being able to attend the chosen showing, and I couldn't refund them, so I had to buy a whole new set of tickets for the other showing. It sucked. And it was selling out anyway, so it's not like I contributed extra money or anything. Glad this film had like a dozen showings here to choose from if you combine the two cinemas that got it.

Glad to see this is doing well though! I hope they'll attempt a traditional theatrical release next time.
SquadmemberRitsu

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:14 am Reply with quote
The Movie is showing at a Cinema within walking distance of my house for the entire weekend. Unfortunately, I'm going to be in Sydney for SMASH the whole weekend.

I guess I might see it when I'm in Sydney on Monday. Assuming the tickets don't sell out beforehand
Marcus Carr

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:09 am Reply with quote
I preordered the day tickets went on sale. I also paid $13. Took the day off on Tuesday to be sure not to miss it. I would have seen it again in 3D if available.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1