• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
.hack// Franchise

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vashna

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:00 pm Reply with quote
I'm glad I finally found the generic .hack// official thread that won't close down. I always like to find these for series when I had a general comment about a show. How many people have seen .hack//Quantum by this point? I assume just about everyone, considering how Funimation was promoting it. Anyways, I thought I might have spotted a minor Easter egg that I didn't see anyone bring up yet. If you pay close attention to the icons whenever someone is booting up a system in this series, you can pretty clearly see a yellow figure that bares a resemblance to Psyduck from the original Pokemon series. I'm going to guess that was done on purpose as a tribute. Has anyone else spotted it?
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:37 pm Reply with quote
Can't say I did see that vashna. Also the movie was pretty good, beautiful animation.
vashna

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:58 am Reply with quote
Yes, the animation was lovely wasn't it? I was just commenting about anime aesthetics in another thread on this forum, and that series was one that definitely had the nice aesthetics and very smooth animation. I should probably admit that I really liked the character designs. Okay, I'm going to sound like a desperate nerd but I really liked BlackRose from the original story line so Mary's character design was a real plus for me.

As for the Easter egg, it was very brief so don't beat yourself up over it. It was an icon on a dekstop, so it's not easy to see.
OceanLore

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:00 pm Reply with quote
I have never watched, read, or played anything related to .hack. Would I be able to understand the anime .hack//SIGN if I started with that?
dragoneyes001

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:10 pm Reply with quote
the different series are pretty stand alone so yeah. but for your own kind of following the plot from the beginning kind of knowledge I'd suggest starting at the beginning.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:16 pm Reply with quote
.hack//SIGN was where I started, and it was easy enough to understand, I am pretty it is the first of the anime series. And some wiki searches can clear up holes of the other things, I still have not really looked into the other media and I it is easy enough.
dragoneyes001

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:04 pm Reply with quote
sign is the first.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3