• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Pearl Diver Mascot Controversy Continues to Rage

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:58 am Reply with quote
While I think the complaints are over blown perhaps it would have been nice to have a little more respect for the community. It is a mascot representing them after all so the artist should respect that.

And I find the design ugly personally but what I find uglier is the guys comments about older woman. Personally as a woman I wouldn't want that guy drawing anything to represent me.

Edit: Seems like it was just a random 20 yr old guy who made that sexist comment about older women, my apologies to the artist. I still personally don't like the design.
Danette-Anime-Otaku

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:45 pm Reply with quote
Interesting discussions from this article. While I can see the people not being interested in the design I think that the town people are over reacting at calling her a "human rights violation" since she is one of the tamest designs I've seen compared to other anime/moe female characters. If she could just be designed with a short hair style and make her more into her 20 somethings I think it would be a bit better. While I can understand most of the divers being 70, it is also makes sense to have a modern designed mascot to attract younger tourists.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5