• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
How often is like-minded user list updated?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SillyPerson

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:03 pm Reply with quote
I only put in about a third of the anime I had watched before my like-minded user list was generated. Now that I am done with the list I am wondering how long it will be until it is updated. I know that for users with paid subscriptions they can refresh their like-minded user list as often as they want. I am just wondering how long it takes for regular non-subscribed users to get their like-minded user list updated, because I would like to see that happen but I am also willing to wait awhile. Hopefully it is at least once a week! I would be sad if it is only once a month or even less often.

Does anyone know how often the like-minded list gets updated? I am a little impatient... (sometimes that is not a good thing on web forums, like if you ask programmers when the next version of their software is coming out if they haven't put out a new version for a few years but claim it is still under "active development").
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:30 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
([...] [L]ike if you ask programmers when the next version of their software is coming out if they haven't put out a new version for a few years but claim it is still under "active development")

Here at ANN, there is always something under development; unfortunately, there's only one full-time developer* -- so I shouldn't have to tell you what that means!

*It's my understanding that that there have been attempts to contract another developer -- but it's also my understanding that such attempts have not always been successful (my understanding could be wrong, of course).
SillyPerson

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:00 am Reply with quote
Ah, I found out the answer firsthand so I'll post it here in case anyone else is wondering:

The like-minded user list is updated once every 24 hours (or more specifically, it is updated the first time you look at your like-minded user list since more than 24 hours has elapsed since the last time it was updated... if you are inactive for several days or weeks it won't update at all until you log back in and look at it, obviously to reduce server load).
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1