• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Heavy Object (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HelloBucket

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:28 pm Reply with quote
episode twenty-two

I figured the mercenary maids would be on the other side of the conflict at some point, but I wasn't expecting it to happen so quickly! Will they really be able to finish the arc they just set up at the end of this episode with just two more (gracefully)? There seem to be a lot of players involved.

On another note, Qwenthur is collecting quite the harem. Sure, half of them want to blow up his princess, but even with the complications that's still a lot of ladies for one engineering student.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:25 pm Reply with quote
Seems a bit of a stretch to me to spoiler[have Heavy Objects] -- even fake ones -- spoiler[taken out] with a handful of RC toys with fireworks mortars mounted on them.

And that technobabble magic with a radio and a smartphone -- jeez where is Mr. Spock when you need him.
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:58 pm Reply with quote
HaruhiToy wrote:
Seems a bit of a stretch to me to spoiler[have Heavy Objects] -- even fake ones -- spoiler[taken out] with a handful of RC toys with fireworks mortars mounted on them.

The scale is the only issue, if they were say the size of a car (the relative size of many drone models) then it would make much more reasonable expectation that such drones would have fire power equivalent to anti tank rounds.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:24 am Reply with quote
So apparently it is a bad idea to have a bunch of fakes with poor AI that might accidentally hit incredibly dangerous gas around them, and be made of material not suited for sudden large changes in temperature.

The question of what a bunch of battle maids were doing if they were not from the private military country, well it did kind of fit the style of someone. Did not even need to sho Ohoho to know it was her.

Got to say that I found it humorous as a background event that Havia light flirting with the maids turned to one of them pulling a gun on him. And also each time they went off at him.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:33 am Reply with quote
Episode 23:

I just want to say that Frolaytia is ripped as confirmed during the workout sessions. Razz

Not bad for this episode, it sets up well for the final arc. The setting at the ALPs is also a nice change too that reflects the weather difference. Oh and we also got a little bit of Milinda and Qwenthur alone time too with their chemistry. Haven't seen that too often recently.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:58 pm Reply with quote
For the begining of Heavy Object's season finale arc, this is a great set up.

It simply is too difficult to slice it apart when a show does its job well.
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:24 pm Reply with quote
Really good pace and set-up in this episode. Great anime original material so far, which is almost a shame because now I want this to be expanded in a novel.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:52 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
I just want to say that Frolaytia is ripped as confirmed during the workout sessions.

Did you notice how much she could bench-press relative to Qwenthur? Lol.

Odds are about 99-to-1 that Qwenthur's gift will have something to do with the resolution next episode. They couldn't have been more obvious.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:56 am Reply with quote
Why didn't they just cut the cables leading into the hacking shack?
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:32 am Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:

Same thought, they could have done it just then, but we just had to have actual plot happen.
Philmister978

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:49 pm Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:

I'd assume that guy had a contingency plan had they cut the wires. Though I am a little surprised he didn't also try hacking into the Rush as well.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:19 pm Reply with quote
Philmister978 wrote:
Gina Szanboti wrote:

I'd assume that guy had a contingency plan had they cut the wires.

A. They didn't know that.

B. If the antenna wasn't crucial why hack into it?

B. Even if they did cutting the wires would probably have the effect of delaying whatever plan there was.

C. It would have been the ideal job for one of Qwenthur's beloved explosives.

Nah, it was just a mistake on the part of our guys.
HelloBucket

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 4:54 pm Reply with quote
I suspect that our duo didn't initially consider the cut communications serious enough to warrant an immediate action like blowing up the communications tower. They weren't aware of the extent of the hack, only that the communications had failed. I think they didn't want to ruin their changes of determining the who and the why. After all, they probably wouldn't have assumed the person responsible was chained to the location but that they'd flee or take hostile action if they were not secured first. It's a mistake in retrospect, but I can understand why the decision was made given the information they had available at the time.

I'm a little worried about pacing though. Don't we only have one episode left? It feels like there's a lot of cards in play to wrap this up in only one episode, based on the show's usual pacing. Not that I can't see a few options to get from where we are to situation resolved in a single episode.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:28 pm Reply with quote
Why would they have to blow up the tower? Someone was clearly patched into it, so just unpatch it. <snip> Or, if they're afraid the person in the hackyshack would flee when the line was cut (or was waiting with guns drawn to prevent their stopping the hack), then put a small charge on the patch and blow it remotely if necessary.

It just seemed very out of character for Qwenthur to not employ such a simple backup.
Philmister978

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:00 am Reply with quote
HaruhiToy wrote:
Philmister978 wrote:
Gina Szanboti wrote:

I'd assume that guy had a contingency plan had they cut the wires.

A. They didn't know that.

B. If the antenna wasn't crucial why hack into it?

B. Even if they did cutting the wires would probably have the effect of delaying whatever plan there was.

C. It would have been the ideal job for one of Qwenthur's beloved explosives.

Nah, it was just a mistake on the part of our guys.

The key words were "I Assume". Of course they (nor the audience, for that matter) would know until they did it. That's kinda the whole point.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10