• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Voice Actress Inori Minase Sets Sights on Singing Debut

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:29 pm Reply with quote
I should freaking hope so! Her song in Symphogear GX was amazing. If I'm even fighting the final boss in an RPG and the battle finally turns serious, I want that song in the background. GENOCIDE AND GENOCIDE!
Kougeru

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:46 pm Reply with quote
she has a cute voice
Artesox

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:49 pm Reply with quote
A bit sad that there was no mention of her singing in Symphogear GX considering how it was important for this. Anyway, good luck to her! I liked her song, it reminds me a bit of Haruka Shimotsuki
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:54 pm Reply with quote
This article says that 20 is considered the age adulthood in Japan. Then, why is 13 considered the age of consent there and people can get married at 16 there? This is also weird considering that many countries have it at 18.
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:33 pm Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
This article says that 20 is considered the age adulthood in Japan. Then, why is 13 considered the age of consent there and people can get married at 16 there? This is also weird considering that many countries have it at 18.

You can get married at 16 in the US as well, it used to be 15 in some places until about a few decades ago.

I hope Inori's CD sells well and the debut turns out well.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:37 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
she has a cute voice

She can do more than cute too. Pretty impressive.

Kadmos1 wrote:

Same reason why in the US at 18 you can gamble and die for your country, but you have to be 21 to drink.
Alabaster Spectrum

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:17 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
Kougeru wrote:
she has a cute voice

Kadmos1 wrote:

Same reason why in the US at 18 you can gamble and die for your country, but you have to be 21 to drink.

Is this just really poorly mixed or what because it just sounds like a cacophony of noise to me and like she can't hold a pitch at all. There's nothing particularly musical about it.
KH91

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:26 pm Reply with quote
Awesome. Spreading the voice of Hestia is always a good thing.

Kadmos1 wrote:

Japan is not many countries. Simple as that. Leave Japan alone. Let them prosper. lol
MajinAkuma

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:15 pm Reply with quote
I like Carol's song a lot. For someone as young as her (19), Minase's song is the best GX solo song for me.
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:18 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
Kougeru wrote:
she has a cute voice

Kadmos1 wrote:

The only reason the drinking age is so high is due to Federal highway dollars which is antiquated to say the least, I think we can lower the age back to 18 or 19 if you want to be conservative about it.
MajinAkuma

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:31 pm Reply with quote
Alabaster Spectrum wrote:

Is this just really poorly mixed or what because it just sounds like a cacophony of noise to me and like she can't hold a pitch at all. There's nothing particularly musical about it.

This is actually her first single (well, it's Carol's single), and Symphogear is a franchise where you sing in the middle of a battle, so the song needs to be energetic, which is not that easy to perform. Also, she's a 19-years old seiyuu, so she has not that much experienced like other musicians who have sung for years or young musicians who practiced for years. I don't know much about her background, so I don't how much practice she actually had, but for her first character song and first puplished song, it's actually quiet good. Minase is the youngest seiyuu among the GX singing seiyuus after all, with Nana Mizuki, Youko Hikasa, Ayahi Takagaki and Yoshino Nanjou all being in their 30s and are very experienced, and Ai Kayano, Yuka Iguchi and Aoi Yuuki are in their mid-20s, and to me, the three are not as good as Minase.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:11 pm Reply with quote
Congratulations to Ms. Minase-san for making it this far with her singing. Smile
I wish her the best of luck when she's onstage.
MajinAkuma

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:50 pm Reply with quote
Mr. Oshawott wrote:
Congratulations to Ms. Minase-san for making it this far with her singing. Smile
I wish her the best of luck when she's onstage.

She probably will perform at Symphogear Live 2016. Since she has only two songs, she will not have much stage time than the other seven, but it might be her first concert.
Alabaster Spectrum

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:15 pm Reply with quote
MajinAkuma wrote:
Alabaster Spectrum wrote:

This is actually her first single (well, it's Carol's single), and Symphogear is a franchise where you sing in the middle of a battle, so the song needs to be energetic, which is not that easy to perform. Also, she's a 19-years old seiyuu, so she has not that much experienced like other musicians who have sung for years or young musicians who practiced for years. I don't know much about her background, so I don't how much practice she actually had, but for her first character song and first puplished song, it's actually quiet good. Minase is the youngest seiyuu among the GX singing seiyuus after all, with Nana Mizuki, Youko Hikasa, Ayahi Takagaki and Yoshino Nanjou all being in their 30s and are very experienced, and Ai Kayano, Yuka Iguchi and Aoi Yuuki are in their mid-20s, and to me, the three are not as good as Minase.

Okay I guess I was just expecting something better considering the raving people were doing about the song. I didn't like the song personally at all, actually had a hard time finishing the sample if I'm being honest.
lyingskies

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:05 am Reply with quote
She has also sung theme songs for a few of Rejet's drama CD series. (I'll say it beforehand: please, no, this isn't the place to judge otome content if you aren't into the genre)

Looking forward to hear more of her. Sure she's young, but it just means she has the opportunity to grow and improve.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2