• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Street Fighter V's New Character Laura Formally Unveiled in Video

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jr240483

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:02 am Reply with quote
Freakmasta wrote:
Laura Matsuda... Sean has that last name. What relation do they have?

i was wondering about that too. have a feeling they might be siblings or related in some fashion.

also it seems that their replacing her with blanka and i for one am glad he's getting the boot considering the amount of noobs used him and honda via cheese mode in SFIV.especially in the 3D version of the game. better to give them the boot than nerf them towards the point that players would moan and complain. hopefully honda will also get the shaft too.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
YotaruVegeta

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:13 am Reply with quote
Cheesy noobs will just find new cheesy characters to cheese with. Maybe Laura will be the one!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Souther

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:33 am Reply with quote
The funny thing is, Blanka's never been that great of a char, at least not in the SF4 series anyway. He's not particularly solid and once you know his gimmicks, you can shut him down and force him to play solid, an area of weakness for him because his ground game's lacking, plus him being charge motion-based (unless of course, Blanka's a bad MU for your char). Personally, I find Yun the most difficult to deal with, though there are chars stronger than him.

I think Laura was confirmed to be Sean's older sister.
YotaruVegeta

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:24 pm Reply with quote
Souther wrote:
The funny thing is, Blanka's never been that great of a char, at least not in the SF4 series anyway. He's not particularly solid and once you know his gimmicks, you can shut him down and force him to play solid, an area of weakness for him because his ground game's lacking, plus him being charge motion-based (unless of course, Blanka's a bad MU for your char). Personally, I find Yun the most difficult to deal with, though there are chars stronger than him.

Quote:
Bohemian and an exciting personality to enjoy the thrill.
Uniquely arranged the Mazda flow jujitsu masters.
The step into the bosom of quick opponent, to master the good of grappling.

■ Height 175cm  ■ Weight 72kg ■ occupation / affiliation Sean sister / Mazda flow jujitsu fighter ■ favorite things brother / meat / battle
-http://www.capcom.co.jp/sfv/chara_laura.html

Another fun fact I learned is that M. Bison (Vega) has gray hair now! I totally missed that!

Cheesy folk can't hope to get far. They can annoy regular folk (like me) but better players will smoke them. I've played people who use charge characters like it's no sweat! I've never been a charge player.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
jr240483

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:00 pm Reply with quote
Souther wrote:

i guess you werent heavy into multiplayer cause in some cases when i played it in the PS3, players use blanka and honda in a way that the moved they did sure as hell didn't feel charge motion based.

and it gets even worse in the 3DS version. combined with the ridiculous matchmaking pitting newbies against tournament experts constantly, and there is a reason why at times people have prefered Guilty Gear Xrd Sign and other fighting games over SFIV and not too ready to jump into SFV
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Souther

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:12 pm Reply with quote
I was very much into SF4 vs-wise from 2009 and onwards, and I also post on Shoryuken.com, which helped me significantly. Though, I've stopped playing recently.

@Yotaru: I've always wondered why Bison has white hair now. I guess he needs a new body or something.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2