• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Dance with Devils

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WashuTakahashi

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:57 am Reply with quote
This anime ended up being everything I didn't know I needed in an otome anime (and now that the game is officially up for pre-order, PLEASE LOCALIZE IT. I NEED TO BE WITH URIE.)

I loved that they picked one route to be the end route and stuck with it instead of the usual "Oh look at all these boys I could never choose between!" The end was very disappointing since I thought they'd get some semblance of a "happy ever after", but oh well.

If this gets season 2, it'll be at the top of my watch list, for sure xD
Agent355

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 7:24 pm Reply with quote
I loved, loved, loved the ending! I loved that Ritsuka was the one to take down the vampire king (even though Lindo got a good shot in, as was thematically appropriate). Loved that Ritsuka chose to stay with her mom rather than run to demon world with Rem (seriously, a romance with the heroine choosing to stay happily single is a pleasant surprise), and loved that Lindo finally backed off.

It seemed clear to me that Ritsuka's Grimoire power activated due to the clock striking midnight on her sixteenth birthday. It wasn't clear if the power faded after she used it, but I suspect that's the case. Now it won't be available again for however many centuries until a new demon/human hybrid is born...or something.

Given how much I enjoyed the show, I was really glad they left a door open for a sequel. I just don't see how they can make one when every plot thread but one (Maksis) was wrapped up so neatly. Well, we'll see how this franchise sells in show, game, and musical, and maybe we'll find out!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8