• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Dance with Devils

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Usagi-kun

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:15 am Reply with quote
"Second-hand embarassment" is something this show has patented. I wait until my apartment is empty, but still cautiously look over my shoulder to see if anyone else is watching me watching these musical numbers. I love it so much. Mr. Green
AholePony

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:32 am Reply with quote
Lol granola bars and scrubbed tubers. You're killing me here! Laughing

Can we talk about that dress?! What a horrible look on her, I don't think blue is her color but that just might be me.

This was really the best episode we've had in a while. I look forward to more ensemble songs like we had this week.
notrogersmith

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 4:32 pm Reply with quote
Is it me, or did the devils resemble some sort of boy band as they were making their entrance in song?
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:26 pm Reply with quote
Episode 12
Quote:
It isn't inconclusive so much as the easy way to end and leave room for a sequel

Clearly the whole purpose of that ending. I thought it was kind of rude for the boys to just vanish instead of offering Ritsuka, Lindo and mom a ride home. How did many days did it take them to get back? I guess they had to do something evil before this ended. Also, are all of Lindo's religious buddies dead now? Seems like someone might be left who'd want him taken to task for his part in their deaths, and maybe for being a heretic and a dhampir.

I would've been more impressed by Loewen's powers if I hadn't been watching the same trick in the last several episodes of Kagewani. :)

Though the music style isn't my favorite, I did like the trio this time - I'll take actual harmony in seiyuu songs when I can get it, and everyone sang mostly on key.

I kinda had to wince a little at her openly wearing the crown necklace at the end. I get its importance to her, but to her classmates it must look like, "Ooh, look at me, I was the dance Queen." Given the jealousy they've already shown toward her due to the Council's attentions, I think she can expect to lose a few pairs of shoes from her locker at the least. Unless magic made everyone forget there ever was a hot student council?

Anyway, it was fun overall and I'd watch another season too.

@notrogersmith: they resembled a boy band even when they were just standing around looking beautifully bored. :)
Merida

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:33 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
She may end up with both Rem and Lindo then – after all, as we say in my house, it worked in Tokyo Raiders.

My first thought when that song started was "hell yes, threesome~!", but of course they wouldn't go down that road... Wink

The show turned out to be more entertaining than i'd expected, i probably wouldn't have made it to the finish line without the hilarious songs, though.
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 6:36 pm Reply with quote
I think they really wanted a more open ended ending since this being released as a visual novel soon. SO they wanted all the boys to still seem like possibilities and have a harem ending so to speak
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 9:47 pm Reply with quote
No one mentioned the surprisingly gruesome death of Jek?
JaffaOrange

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:02 pm Reply with quote
Spoilers I guess:

spoiler["You'll never find my heart!"

What would have happened if the statue had been blasted in the battle? Would he have melted away without anyone really knowing why?]
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:26 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
No one mentioned the surprisingly gruesome death of Jek?

I guess it didn't seem that gruesome compared to all the rest of the carnage. :) The review said pretty much all I had to say about it.
Xx_Kiyomi_xX

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 8:41 am Reply with quote
I was kind of skeptical about this anime BUT I actually really enjoyed it and I hope there will be another season. ♥
azhanei

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 1:27 am Reply with quote
I just hope those who called it a Diabolik ripoff figured out the shows are from the same company. Smile

Dance's problem with pacing is something we see often with these 12-episode series/seasons. The important bits getting rushed in the end. If it had taken one more episode for the finale, they could've developed more tension. I'm going to assume, though, that the reason her display of the grimoire's powers is so anti-climatic is because Loewen takes it.
sunflower

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 8:11 am Reply with quote
azhanei wrote:
I'm going to assume, though, that the reason her display of the grimoire's powers is so anti-climatic is because Loewen takes it.

Aha! The ending finally makes sense to me if that's what happens. Too bad they weren't a little clearer about it.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:56 pm Reply with quote
I didn't think he took it. How did he get it out of her? They said it disappeared, and Loewen said he'd have to look for something else.

And unless he took it before she started glowing, it still wouldn't explain why its activation was so...underwhelming.
sunflower

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 4:51 am Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
I didn't think he took it. How did he get it out of her? They said it disappeared, and Loewen said he'd have to look for something else.

I have no idea how he got it. I just saw that he had a grimoire at the end and used it to free his master. Haha those evil Pomeranians can be sneaky!
Princess_Irene
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:05 am Reply with quote
It's always those small dogs you have to watch out for... Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8